Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default the new TV season -- anything you're looking forward to seeing?

So far, it looks pretty bland/generic to me. don't know if "better off ted" will be back, and I will miiss those Veridian Dynamics commercials.

that "Three Rivers" show -- the ads where the doc says " a second chance is a powerful thing" -- I hear, even knowing what he says, "a sack of cheese is a powerful thing"

ccbatson Guest

Although it is a cable show, Penn and Teller Bullshit is always something to eagerly await.

A new season of Curb your enthusiasm is starting soon.

ccbatson Guest

I heard that..great news.

Ravine Guest

Dexter. [[Showtime)

UFO Guest

This thread reminds me of the Saturday Morning Preview shows in strange way

Ravine Guest

Is Strange Way one of those little towns in the U.P. that fell on hard times after the copper boom hit a plateau?

I remember staying up to see the Saturday morning preview shows as a kid.Because I am going back to afternoons I don't know what is on in primetime. As for anything on the networks with the exception of Fox Sunday, I,m clueless.

There is a new show coming on Channel 7. Its about a lawyer whom is married to a adultress politician. I can't wait to watched that weekly.

Can't wait for the Rush Limbaugh TV show.

Twenty minutes of commercials for each ten minutes of show.

ccbatson Guest

Not for premium cable programs [[more like 7 minutes of self advertising for every 23 minutes of programming)

I still love to watch NCIS, mostly due to the fact I have a huge crush on Pauley Perrette who plays Abby. She actually got married last year to guy from Detroit. Other Detroit connections from that show are Mark Harmon is the the son of the great U of M football player Tom Harmon and he is married to Pam Dawber from Farmington Hills who played Mindy on Mork and Mindy. I am sure most people probably already new that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Grundyke View Post
    I still love to watch NCIS, mostly due to the fact I have a huge crush on Pauley Perrette who plays Abby.
    Yep, she is pretty. It is certainly interesting the sexual tension and innuendo on much of TV. Humorous even. My favorite CSI - Miami ladies are:

• Khandi Alexander [[sharp features and nice figure)
    • Emily Procter [[I know, not every guys cup of tea)

Pretentious David Caruso cracks me up.

Quote Originally Posted by exdetroiter View Post
    There is a new show coming on Channel 7. Its about a lawyer whom is married to a adultress politician. I can't wait to watched that weekly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    Can't wait for the Rush Limbaugh TV show.
    Same show?

Lush already had a show back in the 90's.

Jay Leno at 10:00PM. Not past my bed time and he's funnier than Conan and Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by wash_man View Post
    me too................

lilpup Guest

I, too, enjoy the original NCIS. The new NCIS L.A. doesn't look as interesting.

A show started on CBC this past season that I really like - Being Erica

I know they are somewhat disturbing but I like to watch Intervention and the new show Hoarders. Both on A&E.

Quote Originally Posted by wash_man View Post
    Hope Leno works out. He is more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by vetalalumni View Post
    Yep, she is pretty. It is certainly interesting the sexual tension and innuendo on much of TV. Humorous even. My favorite CSI - Miami ladies are:

• Khandi Alexander [[sharp features and nice figure)
    • Emily Procter [[I know, not every guys cup of tea)

Pretentious David Caruso cracks me up.
    Do the people of CSI Miami know just how camp the show is? NCIS has camp, but that is clearly intentional. I'm pretty sure CSI Miami's is purely accidental

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    Do the people of CSI Miami know just how camp the show is? NCIS has camp, but that is clearly intentional. I'm pretty sure CSI Miami's is purely accidental
    Camp is an understatement. It's just plain fake with a capital F A K E .

I remember Khandi Alexander from Newsradio, but even she couldn't get me to watch FAKE Miami.
    Last edited by Meddle; September-14-09 at 07:38 AM.

Quote: "Twenty minutes of commercials for each ten minutes of show."

Right on Ray. Why I quit watching TV back in January, except for the collection of favorite movies, and new ones from Netflix and Amazon. Watch exactly what I want to see and no commercials. All of these sitcoms are the same material used 30 years ago. It's all been done. I can't sit through anything with "canned laughter" anymore. Talk about feeling like some borg or zombie. Spending more time on things I like doing instead now. Much more enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by vetalalumni View Post
    Hope Leno works out. He is more interesting.
    Leno had Halle tonight. Damn she is fine. Not my type, but fine nonetheless.

Is Leno gonna make it?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast