Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default From Chicago coming to Detroit in August-Restaurant Recos

I can't find my old posts and comments, so I assume it's been wiped.
    Anywho, I'm trying to get recommendations for Restaurants that have outdoor & indoor seating for about 15 people. I come to Detroit once a year and gather friends & family. Prefer the University/Midtown section of town.
    Last year we were at Shield's Pizza on Woodward. It during the pandemic and a couple of people didn't feel comfortable being outside. I know he has seating outside, and I'm trying to get in contact with him but so far no reply to my emails.
    Any other suggestions?

Forum posts don't get wiped... they get archived. You just have to remember the key words for a search...

https://www.detroityes.com/mb/showth...it-for-a-visit
    Last edited by Gistok; July-23-21 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Forum posts don't get wiped... they get archived. You just have to remember the key words for a search...
    Easier than that, especially if you don't post frequently, use the My Profile feature to see what you've posted!

Detroit Shipping Company might be a good choice. Fun atmosphere. They have several tables long enough for a seating of 6/8 and maybe pull two together to accommodate 15. Most restaurants in and around those areas have outdoor seating now.
    Last edited by Maof; July-24-21 at 10:40 AM.

Prefer easy food. American type food. Shipping Co. looks too "complicated" for the people I will be with. Shipping Co. looks like a collection of restaurants, will contact them anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by LiannaW View Post
    Prefer easy food. American type food. Shipping Co. looks too "complicated" for the people I will be with. Shipping Co. looks like a collection of restaurants, will contact them anyway.

Shipping Co. is about choices. If your group has an eclectic mix of people [vegan, carnivores, health food people, etc.] It might just work out for you. Everyone gets what they want and you meet up at a chosen table. A lot of the restaurants will take your order then give you a pager. When your orders ready you pick it up and go back to your table. One of my favorite spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Shipping Co. is about choices. If your group has an eclectic mix of people [vegan, carnivores, health food people, etc.] It might just work out for you. Everyone gets what they want and you meet up at a chosen table. A lot of the restaurants will take your order then give you a pager. When your orders ready you pick it up and go back to your table. One of my favorite spots.
    I just filled out their event form and someone will call me; thanks.

I don't see that restaurant coming to Detroit anytime soon. So far Portillos is here in Clinton Township.

Well, Shipping Company can't let us sit together....I don't understand that. She said they no longer do communal eating. Union Street is closed, Traffic Jam hardly doing business.
    Any other suggestions? What about the Blvd. area?

What about Motor City Brewing Works, Founders, or Jolly Pumpkin?

Or, albeit they are downtown, maybe Lumen in Beacon Park, Parc in Campus Martius, or Central Kitchen & Bar?

Bobcat Bonnies or Mudgies? Both in Corktown though. Mudgies has outdoor seating and is doing their annual Lobster Fest. Lobster flown in daily from Maine [[$30). Bobcat Bonnies did have the side street blocked for outdoor seating during restrictions. Might want to call to find out of they still do.

*Edit....last day for the Lobster Fest is tomorrow.
    Last edited by Maof; July-27-21 at 09:21 PM.

Truly it has been a challenge to find outdoor dining in and around the metro Detroit area during these COVID times. And in the downtown area, many restaurants don't have the option to have an outdoor patio Some used tents, which I don't care for. Some have a limit as to how many at a table. I wish you luck in finding a place that meets your needs.

Some recommendations...
    North of Midtown...Z's Villa. They had a tented patio during the cold months; not sure of the current set up. Always enjoy their food!!

Also in Corktown...Batch Brewery. They set up a large outdoor covered seating area.
    Last edited by Kathleen; July-27-21 at 10:21 PM.