Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Clark Park to get $3.3 million upgrade; new housing at The Murray

Detroit neighborhood celebrates new housing, park upgrades [[freep.com)

Community leaders, residents, Duggan and project developers gathered Thursday to kick off the $3.3 million project to upgrade Clark Park in southwest Detroit and celebrate the now-complete $4.6 million renovation of The Murray — formerly a "long-vacant multifamily building" a block away from the park, in Detroit's Hubbard Farms neighborhood.

Very handsome rehab, but those "affordable housing at 60% of the area median income" units are $900-1500/mo 1-bed units.

The city shows $37,000 annual for a household of 2 at 60% AMI.
    Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  41.1 KB

I guess I would like to meet the persons earing under these limits and paying these rental amounts. Unless one works for some kind of non-profit with monthly cash infusions off the books I can't pencil out the math.

Nice looking rehab. SO glad they used interesting windows instead of crappy plain white windows.

It's working yay Duggan! Four more years.

When determining who is able to rent the low income tax credit units, isn't it the metropolitan area medians that are used, not the city median incomes?