Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 'White Boy Rick' Richard Wershe Jr. sues Detroit police for $100 million

'White Boy Rick' Richard Wershe Jr. sues Detroit police for $100M [[freep.com)

A Detroit-area man whose decades in prison for drug dealing and work as an informant inspired the movie "White Boy Rick" filed a lawsuit Tuesday seeking $100 million, claiming he was coerced into assisting police while just a helpless teenager.

This punk needs to disappear once and for all.

Reminds me of the guy in Cali where the CIA took a young wannabe punk and supplied him with product where he became a major player then became confused when he got busted.

He could have said no,even at 14 one knows what is illegal,but he choose to play the game and reaped the rewards and street credit,it is always a matter of odds and sooner or later it comes time to pay the piper.

Now you want to punish the entire city and think they should pay out,it’s one thing to hold those accountable but the current taxpayers had nothing to do with your poor decisions of the past.

By that reasoning,as it winds through the courts,that whole plot against the governor,the crew was comprised of 60% FBI agents undercover.

That aught to be worth $5 or $600 million in that lawsuit.

First of all the Detroit Police and FBI made White Boy Rick a drug dealing informant to stop the Curry Bros from flooding crack in the Detroit's East Side, Harper Woods and the Grosse Pointes. This is because his papa was selling illegal firearms through gun trade shows. The cops gave Rick a deal ' Stop the Curry Bros and his crew and his papa goes free.' He agreed.

It's his decision to became drug dealer that put him in prison.

I fail to see ANY evidence of coercion.

I still haven't seen the movie yet. hmm.
    at least he seems to be living a quiet life now. I haven't noticed him doing "exclusive" interviews on all these various websites and YouTube blogs that focus on the street world [ 'DJ Vlad' is the most infamous].. [ hopefully he stays away from them.. Freeway Ricky Ross, the newly released Meech, others who are still alive, seem to enjoy that "celebrity former hustler" dynamic..]

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    I still haven't seen the movie yet. hmm.
    at least he seems to be living a quiet life now. I haven't noticed him doing "exclusive" interviews on all these various websites and YouTube blogs that focus on the street world [ 'DJ Vlad' is the most infamous].. [ hopefully he stays away from them.. Freeway Ricky Ross, the newly released Meech, others who are still alive, seem to enjoy that "celebrity former hustler" dynamic..]
    This is nothing about the movie, street talks. I got my info from .... Oh sorry! I can't tell you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I got my info from .... Oh sorry! I can't tell you all.
    Wikipedia?

"Richard Wershe Jr. [born July 18, 1969], known as White Boy Rick, became an FBI informant when he was 14 to 16 years old. When he was 15, Wershe told the FBI that a major drug dealer had spoken of paying a bribe to Detroit detective inspector and subsequent city council president and mayoral candidate Gil Hill in order to quash the investigation into a 13 year old boy's murder. At the age of 17 Wershe was arrested for possession of 8 kg of cocaine, and with no intervention from the FBI and U.S. Attorney to tell of him being an FBI informant at 14, he was sentenced to life imprisonment. In 2017 justice campaigners publicized Wershe's case and he was paroled, but directly to a prison in Florida to serve another five years for an auto theft conviction from 2008. Campaigners for Wershe have suggested to reporters that the length of his incarceration may have been connected to him having provided the FBI with information leading to the arrest of family members and associates of former Detroit mayor Coleman A. Young, as well as the allegation about Young's political ally Hill. In 2016 a notorious former Detroit hitman alleged Hill had once tried to commission the murder of Wershe."
    Last edited by Henry Whalley; July-25-21 at 08:04 PM.

^ sounds like it could be a made for TV movie.

My speculation is the feds did not cover him because he got caught with 8 kilos,they would have had to have a case file on where it came from,but apparently they did not and he was off the reservation,playing both sides.

Why would they support him?

Not for nothing but in those days,give a crackhead 5 rocks and they would take anybody out,no need to contract a “hit man” .

One does not “ try to commission a hit man” it’s a business transaction,there is no trying or talking about it.

Danny was right,the core issue was the 8 kilos,a 17 year old running around with $160,000 worth of product maybe more?

If he thought the FBI had his back he would have never ran,he would have just handed his handlers card over,he knew in that moment he screwed up.

There is more to that and everything else is irrelevant,the car thing in the south,that stuff is controlled by black haired guys with lots of gold chains and the Russians.

They have long memories and hold grudges.

Sometimes it is better to quit while one is ahead and fade off into the sunset like in the movies.
    Last edited by Richard; July-26-21 at 05:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    Wikipedia?

"Richard Wershe Jr. [born July 18, 1969], known as White Boy Rick, became an FBI informant when he was 14 to 16 years old. When he was 15, Wershe told the FBI that a major drug dealer had spoken of paying a bribe to Detroit detective inspector and subsequent city council president and mayoral candidate Gil Hill in order to quash the investigation into a 13 year old boy's murder. At the age of 17 Wershe was arrested for possession of 8 kg of cocaine, and with no intervention from the FBI and U.S. Attorney to tell of him being an FBI informant at 14, he was sentenced to life imprisonment. In 2017 justice campaigners publicized Wershe's case and he was paroled, but directly to a prison in Florida to serve another five years for an auto theft conviction from 2008. Campaigners for Wershe have suggested to reporters that the length of his incarceration may have been connected to him having provided the FBI with information leading to the arrest of family members and associates of former Detroit mayor Coleman A. Young, as well as the allegation about Young's political ally Hill. In 2016 a notorious former Detroit hitman alleged Hill had once tried to commission the murder of Wershe."

That's what the news and TV media told you all. Richard Wershe did his thing in the ghetto, flooding the East Side with Curry Bros. Coke! And later got his crew together and their coke in the streets. By the way, It's the news media that give him the title 'Detroit Drug Kingpin'. White Boy Rick didn't like that title at all.

This is area where White Roy Rick [[Who was an informant) work for the Curry Crew. About to flood Detroit's East Side with Coke.

https://www.google.com/maps/@42.4286.../data=!3m1!1e3

This is the area where Rick first did his drug dealing.

https://www.google.com/maps/@42.4211...7i16384!8i8192

This is the area where Rick was arrested. By Detroit Police for doing the own thing as a drug dealer just a year after was let go by the DPD and FBI. By the way his house a just a houses down. He was heading out with the Coke in the back of his car so he can give it to his crew and to their street pharmacy business.

https://www.google.com/maps/@42.4052...7i16384!8i8192

STREET TALKS. I know about it, not just the news media. And I'm not going to tell you all the rest.
    Last edited by Danny; July-26-21 at 09:53 AM.

He is not suing the city of Detroit,he is suing the citizens of Detroit,which is even worse because he is making them pay him for the privilege of doing his part in helping *uck it up.

That collision center on the corner at Hampshire and Chalmers looks like an old time auto dealership,1920s 30s ? Or way earlier with the smaller size brick at the top? You can see where they blocked up where there was plate glass windows wrapped around the end and corner.

Harpos around the corner looks cool also but not as good as it looked before they removed the top wraparound,they painted over the original murals that were in the lobby?
    Last edited by Richard; July-26-21 at 10:41 AM.

That corner was Raynal Brothers Dodge and Plymouth maybe until the early 80's. I believe the Dodge dealership was in the building still standing and the Plymouth dealership was across the street, or perhaps the used car lot. I never bought a car there but did buy parts there.

I can see why some become so attached to the city,in spite of all the ones that try their best to destroy it,under that layer is a lot of beauty and history in the city that so many other cities did their best to destroy in the interest of progress.

Once it is gone,it is hard to bring it back.

I would hope cooler minds would prevail in this case,as it serves little purpose.

I’m neither here nor there about this guy, but you have to admit there was something kind of hinky about that whole situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Rambler View Post
    I fail to see ANY evidence of coercion.
    For some perspective, here's a hypothetical scene from a movie set in 1985:

Prosecutor: We hereby charge gang member xyz with murder, drug possession, drug dealing, etc... Here's our discovery, including testimony from our confidential informant who sold gang member xyz a kilo of cocaine.

Judge: Who is your confidential informant?

Prosecutor: A 15 year old kid.

Judge: You had a 15 year old kid sell a gang member 1 kilo of cocaine? His lawyer was OK with this?

Prosecutor: Oh he doesn't have a lawyer.

Crash zoom on judge's look of shock in slow motion, followed by his head exploding.

Cue montage of FBI agents being subpoenaed, looking uncomfortable in front of said judge, and the words "Special Prosecutor" being thrown around a lot.

Of course that never happened, because Wershe's FBI handlers said they got all of Wershe's intel from his dad. Because they *knew* that encouraging a child to sell drugs to dangerous gang members would be a sure fire way of, at best, being grilled mercilessly from a federal judge and, at worst, being thrown into a federal penitentiary for child endangerment.

Yea there are powerful groups in this country that exist solely for cases such as this is portrayed,they would have picked it up along time ago if they thought there was some kind of validity with it.

It could be entirely plausible that the cops stuck the 8 kilos under some random porch in the hopes that he may walk by there at some point in time,just as it is plausible that they had whoever under surveillance,he picked it up there and they followed him to where his stash place was,or they thought he was going to deliver it to even a bigger fish,the end of the line became the end of the line.

They never seem to disclose the circumstances around those kilos,which is really the gist of it all,the irony would be if they had busted somebody and told them they had to work for them,by setting up a buy and they did not even know who the spider was going to be caught in the web before it all went down.

Back in those days there was not much inter agency cooperation,they could have had 5 different agencies,federal,state,and local all working the same angle but never even knowing the other agencies were there.

Interesting how that whole drug war thing played out with mandatory minimums.

8 kilos up there was a major thing at that time,whereas in places like Miami that was considered weekend party stash with 5 to 8 years max,depending on how much cash you had to pay everybody off,it could have just disappeared or oops somehow it got lost in the system,case dismissed.

It was a game though and no matter at what age whoever played it knew the risks,age really has nothing to do with it and playing the I was only a child that was manipulated by the mean old good guys,does not hold sand considering 14 year olds were running speedboats out of Miami to pick up loads of weed from the mothership and making $10,000 a night while still attending high school.

If anything it was his father that dropped the ball and let his kid pick it up but it was still his choice to continue.

Not that the government should not still be held accountable for the massive influx of coke,first thing they did was stop the flow of weed and pushed the weed smokers over to coke to create the demand,if they had flooded the country with weed instead then went after the coke we would not have half the problems that we have.
    Last edited by Richard; July-30-21 at 01:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Not that the government should not still be held accountable for the massive influx of coke,first thing they did was stop the flow of weed and pushed the weed smokers over to coke to create the demand,if they had flooded the country with weed instead then went after the coke we would not have half the problems that we have.

And that's how krack got started. They cut off the coke coming into the Country. It became so expensive the average user couldn't afford it. Enter krack, the poor man's coke. From there, meth. We've pissed away billions on this "war on drugs", and the the only thing we've succeeded in doing is exasperating the problem. I wish I knew what the answer was.

I do not know if there is an answer,people do seem to like their vices and others like to exploit that for profit.

Al Capone was hooked on coke,so bad the east coast mob wanted him out of the picture and helped the government in taking him out of the picture.

Hitler was a meth head and gave the troops meth pills so they could march for 3 days straight and go directly into battle.

I think it is a fake attempt by the government because it pumps billions into the economy,I know a few that were involved,they made millions really fast and some even went international,a few made wise investments and walked away,the rest are dead or doing life in prison.

I do not think they can get rid of it but if they spent the same amount of time effort and money providing opportunities and options it would lessen the impact,but the public does not support that either,do we get what we get,just sad though so many lives lost and families destroyed and degraded values.

Default Wanted Detroit Narcotics Police -- Serpico types need not apply

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    I’m neither here nor there about this guy, but you have to admit there was something kind of hinky about that whole situation.
    'White Boy Rick' says the FBI and Detroit taught him the narcotics game, then double-crossed him. He wants $100 million. - CNN

I'm spending more time at home these days due to COVID-19, so I signed up for Netflix on the weekend. There's a couple of movies about White Boy Rick on there... one's a documentary and one's a Hollywood thing with the actor Matthew McConaughey playing the role of Rick's father, the gun dealer.

Whether he gets his $100m or not, a lot of these types of guys are lucky just to still be alive. He may get the hundred mill, but I can't say I envy him.

Not dealing with a full deck when you have somebody shoot you in order to gain street credibility,then use that as a woe is me defense.

Its still not over with yet,one’s history has a habit of catching up with them.

https://www.cnn.com/2012/09/04/world...led/index.html

Yes he may win but will spend they rest of his life in fear,somebody may think he owes debt from the past,a well publicized 100 million payout might give some incentive,there may be some who have a score to settle in order to retain their current street creditably.

There has been so many changes of administrations nobody even cares any more,if they did they would have picked it up long ago,they are pretty much saying,you played the game and lost,it’s time to pack your bags and go home.

Its like,why continue to drag the city through the mud and keep it in the spotlight in a negative way.

Florida does not say,take the heat so your mother and sister do not,if they had the evidence they would have been perfectly happy locking everybody up,the judicial system is the second largest money maker after tourism, if they needed him to rat in order to save them they did not have enough evidence to charge him or them in the first place.

If you are sitting in jail,you are sitting there with a bunch of others that rolled over with a promise from the feds,common sense dictates that if you believed they were your buddies in the first place,you would not even be there,let alone continue to give them 3 more chances while still sitting there in the same place.

Its not based on what actually happened,it appears to be more based on painting a picture in order to get the public to buy it and gain support,then using that support for end gain.

There is a big difference in those that were convicted through no fault of their own,their cases got picked up because there was evidence,solid evidence,that proved it,they should be compensated without a doubt.

When you are distributing a product that you know full well is destroying the city you live in,it does not matter,you are culpable,the blame game is window dressing,you know the concequences of getting caught and even worse is when you think you have a free pass on destruction and continue to do it.

There are always other options,just like there are always consequences when choosing the option you take.

The world of Vice and the monetary gains and the game it brings,is not a new concept along with the ramifications,there is only three choices,walk away,go to prison or end up dead.

Odds are you do not have much of a choice on the dead part,and if you cannot handle the prison part,walk away.

It is understandable when it comes to family to make a choice,but when you choose to sacrifice yourself,that is your choice,you do not get to blame everybody else because you had second thoughts afterwards.

Everybody else lives with their choices in life.
    Last edited by Richard; August-02-21 at 03:32 AM.

Not dealing with a full deck when you have somebody shoot you in order to gain street credibility...
    You misunderstood at least that part of the story.

We live with the consequences of our reading comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    You misunderstood at least that part of the story.

We live with the consequences of our reading comprehension.
    yes we do

In November 1984, Wershe told CNN, he was called to a house. He declined to divulge who summoned him but said he was in the basement when an "associate" called him up. When he got upstairs, the associate shot him with a .357 Magnum, the bullet ripping through his large intestine, he told CNN.
    "No words were said," he recalled. "All I remember is waking up at the bottom of the stairs in this agonizing pain, and I was 15 years old. I thought I was going to die."
    The shooter's girlfriend arrived within a minute, Wershe said. Panicked, she called 911. The shooter and his friend put Wershe in a car -- whether to transport him to a hospital or a secluded place to die, he's not sure --

……

But let’s call it a assassination attempt,after you attempt to assassinate somebody,with one bullet,get your girfriend to call 911 and have your friend help load your target in the car,if he wanted him to die a second shot to the head would have worked.

For all anybody knows the guy could have been playing with his gun and it went off,does not sound as good but just as plausible.

So why would you call it an attempted assassination then say you are not sure what the motive was to place him in the car.

There was zero conversation between all parties from the time he was shot until he was put in the car?

You are only getting half of the story.

He had no problem setting people up or rating others out,but when it comes to the one person that actually tried to kill you or assassinate you it becomes,sorry officer I do not recall a thing.

What happened to the shooter,was he charged with attempted murder?

He had a private attorney,any deals made with the feds in exchange for a consideration for a reduced sentence,would have been in writing,before he even testified.

Okay first time maybe not,but second and third time?

He said - she said never goes anywhere,but anybody can create a storyline,but you have to get the judge to believe it backed up by facts,not this is my story and I am sticking to it,could possibly be why it has never gone anywhere in the past,we are only seeing what they want us to see,and most of that makes little sense.
    Last edited by Richard; August-02-21 at 09:10 AM.

yes we do

In November 1984, Wershe told CNN, he was called to a house. He declined to divulge who summoned him but said he was in the basement when an "associate" called him up. When he got upstairs, the associate shot him with a .357 Magnum, the bullet ripping through his large intestine, he told CNN.
    "No words were said," he recalled. "All I remember is waking up at the bottom of the stairs in this agonizing pain, and I was 15 years old. I thought I was going to die."
    The shooter's girlfriend arrived within a minute, Wershe said. Panicked, she called 911. The shooter and his friend put Wershe in a car -- whether to transport him to a hospital or a secluded place to die, he's not sure --

……

But let’s call it a assassination attempt,after you attempt to assassinate somebody,with one bullet,get your girfriend to call 911 and have your friend help load your target in the car,if he wanted him to die a second shot to the head would have worked.

For all anybody knows the guy could have been playing with his gun and it went off,does not sound as good but just as plausible.

So why would you call it an attempted assassination then say you are not sure what the motive was to place him in the car.

There was zero conversation between all parties from the time he was shot until he was put in the car?

You are only getting half of the story.

He had no problem setting people up or rating others out,but when it comes to the one person that actually tried to kill you or assassinate you it becomes,sorry officer I do not recall a thing.

What happened to the shooter,was he charged with attempted murder?

He had a private attorney,any deals made with the feds in exchange for a consideration for a reduced sentence,would have been in writing,before he even testified.

Okay first time maybe not,but second and third time?

He said - she said never goes anywhere,but anybody can create a storyline,but you have to get the judge to believe it backed up by facts,not this is my story and I am sticking to it,could possibly be why it has never gone anywhere in the past,we are only seeing what they want us to see,and most of that makes little sense.

It was a inside job after Rick snitched to the authorities about the Coke flood in most Detroit East Side hoods. FBI and Detroit Police send their squad to put a SWAT hit on the Curry's and their crew thus ended their Coke businesses. As for the hit man, he's is out free and living as a community story teller. But he will not snitch any more about Rick.

This is not from the movie.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast