Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 7 Mile Road over-sensationalized in a new documentary

Sure, bad things happen in the streets and suburbs around 6 Mile Road and 7 Mile Road, but a new documentary reeks of overly sensationalized reporting...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VR7r9bBRVi0

When folks talk about West and East 7 Mile Rd. They are talking about what a vibrant community it stood.

West 7 Mile Rd. from The Avenue of Fashion, Green Acres, Palmer Park and University District to Five Points Rd and Grand River Rd. is still stable.

The once 7 Mile Dogs, and Later the West 7 Mile Crips were present in the area.

East 7 Mile Rd. from Once Chaldean Town from Woodward Ave. to Mohican Regent at Kelly Rd and Moross Rd. is not that stable. But its East 7 Mile Rd. became the victim of top violent east side gangs and drug kingpins like the Il Costa Nostra, Maserati Rick, White Boy Rick and his Curry Bros Crew, The Curry Bros. and the Best Friends Gang. Later come the E. Seven Mile Bloods.

Seven Mile Rd. from Five Points Rd to Moross Rd. Went from a Jewish, Scottish, Chaldean, Polish, German and Italian quarters into a black and nearly blighted area in a 100 years.
    Last edited by Danny; June-19-21 at 06:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    ...drug kingpins like the Il Costa Nostra, Maserati Rick, White Boy Rick and his Curry Bros Crew, The Curry Bros. and the Best Friends Gang. Later come the E. Seven Mile Bloods.
    Let's not forget the Detroit Police narcs working with or for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    Let's not forget the Detroit Police narcs working with or for them.

Or the kids from Grosse Pointe who come into Detroit to score their dope.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; June-19-21 at 10:04 AM.

I grew up on Littlefield between Vassar and St. Martins, a block or two North of 7 Mile. Residential area there has always been good, business district along 7 Mile has gone downhill.

Youtube "documentaries" are usually horseshit like this.

It's pathetically easy to take some shots of neglected buildings, interview a few random people and paint a grand sensationalized picture of a place. This exploitation is disgusting and hurts the people who live there. Fuck you "free documentary".
    Last edited by Satiricalivory; June-19-21 at 04:35 PM.

This crap is a insult to documentary film. Unfortunately it and shit like it are the new reality in a click oriented world. Sensationalism used to prompt fear out of the viewer to achieve a goal whether it is financial, political or just plain old hate. Fear makes people irrational, a very helpful state of mind to convince stupid people to believe stupid things. As a example: QAnon

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    This crap is a insult to documentary film. Unfortunately it and shit like it are the new reality in a click oriented world. Sensationalism used to prompt fear out of the viewer to achieve a goal whether it is financial, political or just plain old hate. Fear makes people irrational, a very helpful state of mind to convince stupid people to believe stupid things. As a example: QAnon

Or sleepy Joe actually becoming President!

No go zones ?

How would you like to raise your children in this one

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sc-hbz09RWQ

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cOBoDT-3oM0

It does not change anything though,there are cities across the country that have seen up to a 400% rise in violent crime in the last 2 years,every major city in the country has its so called “no-go” zone,that’s kinda the point,you cannot stop it,just kinda corral it into a section and pick away at it so it does not consume the rest of the city.

Of course giving those who you delegate to keep it off of your doorstep boxes of flowers to hand out with hugs and kisses to the bad guys does not help matters.

Wanna see a real “no-go” zone,try Brazil or Guatemala or most cities in Africa,Puerto Rico,Hati,you will not see a few marshals going in there to arrest somebody,they go in with an entire army because they have to.

They are already controlled by gangs,it’s already going on in this country as you all know and has been for years,but let’s forget about the gangs,we cannot blame them because they are victims of their environment and the weapons they pick up are the devil,and not the devils tool.

We seem to enjoy spending a lot of time and resources looking for excuses instead of dealing with the real issues.

This documentary is not telling anybody something that everybody does not know already and it does not change the light in which a particular city is viewed in,it’s like everything else,people and politicians like to showcase for clicks but nobody really does anything about it.

Gangs only know 2 things ,voilence and death so there is no rational way to deal with them,well there is but it is not considered acceptable practice as a first world country that thinks it is immune from being a third world country in reality.

The government spent the last 50 years destroying organized crime,all they did was open the territory up to unorganized crime that respects no boundaries,the reality of it is,they were the only ones that could deal with it in ways that we cannot.

Notice the dramatic increase in the last 6 months of drive bys and the amount of innocents caught in the crossfire,we as a country right along with our politicians,mayors,governors and media have pounded into everybody head that the police are the bad guys,in the process we have removed the accountability of the real bad guys and provided them with support.

What was the purpose of removing or neutering the very thing that provides that wall between you and the guy that will not think twice about putting a bullet or knife in you,they do not care about your compassion and they thank you for your support in giving them free rein over your cities.
    Last edited by Richard; June-19-21 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    The government spent the last 50 years destroying organized crime...
    Organized crime changed ethnicity in the last fifty years. For instance, in the 1980s Sicilian mobsters in the SDNY were destroyed and instantly replaced by Russian mobsters who showed their gratitude by insuring that their sponsor became Mayor Giuliani... and 22 years later by electing a president for Putin. Only the dialects changed -- the protection and vice rackets didn't die.

But as a Putin-bot, you already knew that.

Organized crime changed ethnicity in the last fifty years. For instance, in the 1980s Sicilian mobsters in the SDNY were destroyed and instantly replaced by Russian mobsters who showed their gratitude by insuring that their sponsor became Mayor Giuliani... and 22 years later by electing a president for Putin. Only the dialects changed -- the protection and vice rackets didn't die.

But as a Putin-bot, you already knew that.

Gee Whalley, How's the crime situation in NY these days compared to when Giuliani was in office? I seem to recall NY used to be a destination to go to not run away from.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Gee Whalley, How's the crime situation in NY these days compared to when Giuliani was in office? I seem to recall NY used to be a destination to go to not run away from.
    I had an incident with gang-bangers on the subway to Riverdale in 1996. It was late at night and a Curtis Sliwa type intervened. He intimidated the gang-bangers which was a thing of beauty.

Giuliani wasn't there. He was probably at the Russian Tea Room with his mob cronies.

I had an incident with gang-bangers on the subway to Riverdale in 1996. It was late at night and a Curtis Sliwa type intervened. He intimidated the gang-bangers which was a thing of beauty.

Giuliani wasn't there. He was probably at the Russian Tea Room with his mob cronies.

Two years after he took office. Probably leftovers from the previous owner.

All cities have gangs. Always have and always will till kingdom come, which ain’t coming BTW. All we know is that by 2016 the Russian mob had firmly grabbed Rudy and The Maralago Mussolini by the gonads and delivered them as useful fools to Putin.
    Last edited by Henry Whalley; June-20-21 at 05:05 PM.

This is the Detroit's Red Zone... Home of the E.7 Mile Bloods.

Mohican Regent and Regent Park

https://www.google.com/maps/@42.4428.../data=!3m1!1e3

See it's very close to Warren, Eastpointe and Harper Woods.

Out there you will really be your guard. If you see a group of Young Bloods walking down the street, cruising and ready to distract you, pull their glocks at you. Stand up like a man or a lady and just give them what they want. And Hopefully they don't smoke you!

By the way there are folks hiding and dealing their things in Warren, Eastpointe and Harper Woods, too. Whatever you're near 8 Mile Rd. be on your guard.
    Last edited by Danny; June-20-21 at 02:16 PM.

I see the creator/producer of this documentary was able to get the publicity they wanted, because they got all of you to talk about them and their work.

There are zero police patrols in most of the city until you get to New Center on south to downtown. I doubt that even narcs venture into Regent and they probably get their protection payments in one of the patrolled neighborhoods.

There are zero police patrols in most of the city until you get to New Center on south to downtown. I doubt that even narcs venture into Regent and they probably get their protection payments in one of the patrolled neighborhoods.
    I’m in the city a lot. I don’t think what you wrote is entirely true. I see police in some pretty shitty parts of town sometimes.

Uhh.... I spend quite a bit of time in a variety of Detroit neighborhoods and I to am surprised by this comment. I have seen DPD on the streets everywhere in the city. Is there enough of them? That is a viable question, but to state “there are zero police patrols in most of the city” is a blatant inaccurate fabrication not based on any truth. I have even seen DPD patrolling in Highland Park this year which frankly I thought was a good signal to send figuring that HP could use the help and that any issues left in HP will become Detroit’s problem also.
    Last edited by ABetterDetroit; June-20-21 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    Uhh.... I spend quite a bit of time in a variety of Detroit neighborhoods and I to am surprised by this comment. I have seen DPD on the streets everywhere in the city. Is there enough of them?
    I’ll take your word that you have seen DPD outside of the central business district. Whenever I drive through the city, I only see police from New Center on down. And lots of them around the stadiums, Fox Theatre, etc.

That's because most Detroit Police are doing patrols around Greektown. That leaves folks doing the robbing and smoking the ghetto hoods of Detroit.

Every street in Detroit is a no go zone.

Detroit's Red Zone is the New Crenshaw Bvld.

And do you all think that the East 7 Mile Bloods are wiped out! No, they are in hiding still doing their thing until the time is right increase their tuff even beyond 8 Mile Rd and the suburbs, too.

Here is word from G-rappers... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d86m7KS0lMs
    Last edited by Danny; June-21-21 at 05:40 AM.

Mohican Regent and Regent Park

https://www.google.com/maps/@42.4428.../data=!3m1!1e3

See it's very close to Warren, Eastpointe and Harper Woods.

Out there you will really be your guard. If you see a group of Young Bloods walking down the street, cruising and ready to distract you, pull their glocks at you. Stand up like a man or a lady and just give them what they want. And Hopefully they don't smoke you!

By the way there are folks hiding and dealing their things in Warren, Eastpointe and Harper Woods, too. Whatever you're near 8 Mile Rd. be on your guard.
    This is truth. And in the area south of 8 mile down to 6 between Gratiot and Kelly [[and to the north on the Eastpointe side and in Harper Woods north of Moross, west of Beaconsfield) there is very little police presence.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    No go zones ?

How would you like to raise your children in this one

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sc-hbz09RWQ

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cOBoDT-3oM0
    I'd have no problem raising kids say here:

https://www.google.com/maps/@42.4309752,-83.1359388,3a,75y,21.19h,79.5t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1saHh4uWJRgH-SLg6_zrhQVA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Looks like a lovely place, and the housing quality is 100x better than anything you will find in the suburbs. But according to the doc it's the 7 mile no-go zone. lol

Just to show you how badly the housing stock falls off a cliff north of 8 mile here is Ferndale https://www.google.com/maps/@42.4476...7i16384!8i8192

These are pathetic stick shacks!
    Last edited by Satiricalivory; June-21-21 at 10:56 AM.

I could tell 30 seconds in this wasn't a documentary. Their agenda at the beginning is to sensationalize danger. From the over gravelly voiced narrator, to the background music, to the creators clear unfamiliarity with the area, this is drama parading as fact.

Quote Originally Posted by K-slice View Post
    ...this is drama parading as fact.
    The facts are pretty dramatic. I'm sure there are many families who would love to get out of Regency if they could. Many who aren't there by choice.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast