Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Bo knows sex abuse! But tells his son to shut up!

This does put an affect on University of Michigan reputation and it does affect Ann Arbor-Detroit and the suburbs if you want to send your 18 year old into their athletic programs. Bo's personal doctor abused Bo's son. He told his father about it but Bo told his son to shut up. So Bo Schembechler continued being head coach and got away from it.

So much for Michigan Replay!

https://www.clickondetroit.com/sport...knew-of-abuse/
    Last edited by Danny; June-10-21 at 04:13 PM.

Danny all these people are dead now. I don't think any current 18 year olds are going to care.

I read the coverage in the Free Press today and they kept quoting people saying "That's not the Bo I knew", well I guess you didn't know him then!
    With so many victims of this dr, how did Bo not know? He was told and did nothing. Shameful. But hey winning football games is so much more important than abuse charges.

A fact of life I never realized until I got older...

It doesn't matter if it's the boy scouts, an all boys school, a male locker room, a Catholic or Evangelical church, monks in Tibet, the military, a police force, etc....get a group of males together and the odds increase that some kind of weird shit is eventually going to go down.

Quote Originally Posted by Bong-Man View Post
    A fact of life I never realized until I got older...

It doesn't matter if it's the boy scouts, an all boys school, a male locker room, a Catholic or Evangelical church, monks in Tibet, the military, a police force, etc....get a group of males together and the odds increase that some kind of weird shit is eventually going to go down.
    You're on point with that. I had a neighborhood friend that I grew up with that went to a Catholic School in Detroit [[which shall remain nameless) I went to DPS. Years later I came to find out he had been molested by his Priest. It totally has messed him up, and will continue to for the rest of his life. How do you do that to your Son? They need to remove everything with Bo's name on it, and take his statue down. He's a disgrace to all involved.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; June-11-21 at 12:25 PM.

Glenn "Schemmy" Schemblecher, Bo's natural born son, has categorically denied his brother's accusations.

Quote Originally Posted by GPCharles View Post
    Glenn "Schemmy" Schemblecher, Bo's natural born son, has categorically denied his brother's accusations.
    There’s always someone with a vested interest in keeping the denial alive. Given the extent of the abuse, there’s no way this wasn’t known by Bo. I was was at U of M in the late 70’s and knew if you saw Doc Anderson for a sore throat at the Medical Service you were likely to have your “private parts” examined.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    There’s always someone with a vested interest in keeping the denial alive. Given the extent of the abuse, there’s no way this wasn’t known by Bo. I was was at U of M in the late 70’s and knew if you saw Doc Anderson for a sore throat at the Medical Service you were likely to have your “private parts” examined.
    Sounds like the doctor [[Dr. Strauss) at OSU that Ohio congressman Jim Jordan [[an ass't coach at OSU at the time) claims that he was unaware of it at the time... contrary to sports team members who claim they complained to him.

Some of this stuff doesn't make sense to me. Why would Bo keep this MD around if he knew the guy was notorious for molesting his patients? There were a lot of other doctors who would have clamored for the team doctor position. Unless Bo just wanted it swept under the rug and hoped it would go away before it damaged his program. His step son does come across as someone with an ax to grind.

Bo is dead, the MD is dead, the AD is dead. But one thing is for sure, there are 800 people telling very similar stories.
    Last edited by softailrider; June-11-21 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Some of this stuff doesn't make sense to me. Why would Bo keep this MD around if he knew the guy was notorious for molesting his patients? There were a lot of other doctors who would have clamored for the team doctor position. Unless Bo just wanted it swept under the rug and hoped it would go away before it damaged his program. His step son does come across as someone with an ax to grind.

Bo is dead, the MD is dead, the AD is dead. But one thing is for sure, there are 800 people telling very similar stories.
    Matt is Bo's legal, adopted son. Originally he was his stepson. Getting tired of people just calling him his "stepson" as a way of belittling his claims.

They swept it under the rug at MSU; at OSU; in the Church; in the Scouts…..

That was the norm.

EMU tried to cover up the Dickinson murder, Penn State tried to cover up Sandusky's abuse, MSU tried to cover up Nassar, and now U-M. What more is there? "This is not who we are." Please, this is exactly who we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Danny all these people are dead now. I don't think any current 18 year olds are going to care.

I read the coverage in the Free Press today and they kept quoting people saying "That's not the Bo I knew", well I guess you didn't know him then!
    With so many victims of this dr, how did Bo not know? He was told and did nothing. Shameful. But hey winning football games is so much more important than abuse charges.

Bo's Son was traumatized for the rest of his years. When he grew up, Bo's Son was set apart from his father.

Texting about the sins of the fathers.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Sounds like the doctor [[Jim Jordan [[an ass't coach at OSU at the time) claims that he was unaware of it at the time... contrary to sports team members who claim they complained to him.
    Ass't indeed.
    The freedoms I enjoyed as a child are not wise today, if even they were then. Maybe.
    I don't want to be and am not an overprotective parent,
    But WTF coaches, WTF team doctors, WTF priests?!
    I still want to trust coaches and team doctors.
    WTF why so much evidence gives pause?
    Last edited by bust; June-12-21 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnsie View Post
    Matt is Bo's legal, adopted son. Originally he was his stepson. Getting tired of people just calling him his "stepson" as a way of belittling his claims.
    It's obviously difficult to assert such accusations.
    No, of course we can't simply believe the accuser.
    But of course every accuser will be subjected to every form of scrutiny, criticism, skepticism, and malign.
    The more powerful the accused the more difficult.
    Of course it's not fair.
    Last edited by bust; June-12-21 at 05:42 AM.

I would suspect he was protecting him, because Anderson cleared a lot of his players to play football when maybe they shouldn't have or Anderson was holding something over Bo's head that couldn't be made public. Who knows? Nobody is left to tell the stories but the victims.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; June-12-21 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    EMU tried to cover up the Dickinson murder, Penn State tried to cover up Sandusky's abuse, MSU tried to cover up Nassar, and now U-M. What more is there? "This is not who we are." Please, this is exactly who we are.
    Sadly, yes. :[

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    They swept it under the rug at MSU; at OSU; in the Church; in the Scouts…..

That was the norm.
    Yes, they didn't want to "damage someone's career" who was their buddy.

A hero with feet of clay.

Oh Oh!! U of M is going to be blamed for Bo's mess. It's time to take down that Bo Statue down in front of Schembechler Hall.
    Last edited by Danny; June-15-21 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Oh Oh!! U of M is going to be blamed for Bo's mess. It's time to take down that Bo Statue down in front of Schembechler Hall.
    No Danny, tearing down history is best left to fools, and you're better than that.

We are all arrogant fools. Do we really think we know what happened all those years ago? Could we be wrong? Is there a chance that we are railroading a good man? Is our take on this strong enough to destroy the good that some others have brought into the world?

I think we enjoy destruction too much, and value creation too little. Arrogance.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    No Danny, tearing down history is best left to fools, and you're better than that.

We are all arrogant fools. Do we really think we know what happened all those years ago? Could we be wrong? Is there a chance that we are railroading a good man? Is our take on this strong enough to destroy the good that some others have brought into the world?

I think we enjoy destruction too much, and value creation too little. Arrogance.
    The victims say we are wrong. Railroading a good man? Bo was no saint. Why would they come out and admit that these things happened 40-50 years ago? Why would Bo's son say it did happen? What do they have to gain by lying, is Michigan going to pay them for the sins of others? Are they doing it because the principle perpetrators are dead and can't defend themselves? Plenty of questions, and no answers but I don't believe its a totally erroneous story. Probably plenty of truth there.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; June-16-21 at 04:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    The victims say we are wrong. Railroading a good man? Bo was no saint. Why would they come out and admit that these things happened 40-50 years ago? Why would Bo's son say it did happen? What do they have to gain by lying, is Michigan going to pay them for the sins of others? Are they doing it because the principle perpetrators are dead and can't defend themselves? Plenty of questions, and no answers but I don't believe its a totally erroneous story. Probably plenty of truth there.
    I do not know anything about Bo's actions. I wasn't there. Not aware of any proof other than stories. Should we really obliterate someone because stories?

You may wish to take action, but I suggest that it would be better to let history settle this without your call to action.

Again, I'm not arguing anything about these claims. Maybe they are 100% true, maybe 10%, maybe not at all. What I am arguing is against the arrogance of cancel culture that is trying so hard to find anything imperfect, and demanding an obliteration of everything good. We are better if we are more humble.

Or carry on and repeat stories you can't be sure are true. Get Bo's statue removed. Remove his name from buildings. Wipe his name from all historical records. And in the end, you will have accomplished nothing. But if you find joy in the hunt, best to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    I do not know anything about Bo's actions. I wasn't there. Not aware of any proof other than stories. Should we really obliterate someone because stories?

You may wish to take action, but I suggest that it would be better to let history settle this without your call to action.

Again, I'm not arguing anything about these claims. Maybe they are 100% true, maybe 10%, maybe not at all. What I am arguing is against the arrogance of cancel culture that is trying so hard to find anything imperfect, and demanding an obliteration of everything good. We are better if we are more humble.

Or carry on and repeat stories you can't be sure are true. Get Bo's statue removed. Remove his name from buildings. Wipe his name from all historical records. And in the end, you will have accomplished nothing. But if you find joy in the hunt, best to you.
    So was Joe Paterno cancelled as well?

School report says Bo knew, his own family member says he knew and dozens of his former players have come forward saying he knew, but you are going to blame cancel culture on this? Laughable. Bo didn't drop an N-bomb on a live mic or something, he enabled a predator and in fact got him rehired after the athletic director wanted to fire him due to this. But hey, dude won some football games and is dead so.... CANCEL CULTURE!

Will Congress dig back into MSU's involvement?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast