Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Niki's Lounge in Greektown

Niki's Lounge [[at 735 Beaubien) doesn't have the best reputation from what I hear, but I've never been inside, so I wouldn't know of any bad stuff first-hand.

One thing I have noticed is the sign at the front door downstairs, which says a condition of entry is "No White T-Shirts".

Any idea what that's about?

Quote Originally Posted by night-timer View Post
    ... condition of entry is "No White T-Shirts".

Any idea what that's about?
    All I could find was this article from 2005:

http://gangresearch.net/GangResearch...hitetshirt.htm
    Some call it "urban camouflage."
    Sounds kind of silly to me. If someone chooses to dress as if they're not in a gang, someone else then declares whatever they wear as gang apparel? There's a whole lot of tail-chasing down that road.

On the other hand, maybe it means that "This is a non neutrality zone. You must show your gang colors" but that would be asking for a gang fight.

Fashion police just can't restrain themselves.
    Last edited by Jimaz; June-01-21 at 07:28 AM.

This brought back old memories. I used to go to Nikki's [[with 2 K's) in the early 1970's, a popular Detroit hot-spot back in the day. I hope things work out for these guys. "Kalí týchi"

Name:  nikki's_lounge_detroit_500x356.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  162.9 KB