Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Need someone who can cross the border w/o quarantine

This is an emergency and unusual situation.

Because my mama is dying in Arkansas, I'm already in the USA. My wife is a Canadian citizen, currently in Windsor.

She needs to get to the Detroit Airport today, to meet me in Dallas for a follow-up to a Stem Cell procedure that she underwent in the US.

She doesn't drive and I'm thousands of miles away.

Because she doesn't drive, I need someone who can cross without fear of being quarantined upon return to Canada, who can give her a ride to the border.

She can take a cab from the border to the airport.

Is it possible that someone on here could assist her?

I'd really, really appreciate it.

Dr Kyla Dillard

Can she ride a bus? can she get a ride to downtown Windsor? There is the Windsor Detroit tunnel bus. She could get a ride to Windsor. Take the tunnel bus to Downtown Detroit. and Then get a ride to Metro Airport from there. No Quarantining needed.

The tunnel bus stops at the Renaissance center In Downtown Detroit. She should be able to get a ride to the airport from there.
    Last edited by ndavies; April-28-21 at 09:15 AM.

Default Emergency, no tunnel bus

[QUOTE=ndavies;611120]Can she ride a bus? can she get a ride to downtown Windsor? There is the Windsor Detroit tunnel bus. She could get a ride to Windsor. Take the tunnel bus to Downtown Detroit. and Then get a ride to Metro Airport from there. No Quarantining needed.

The tunnel bus is not running right now. No cab will take her, even though they are not subject to quarantine if they turn right around and come back.

We really need some help, if anyone is able to assist.

The issue is only getting a ride into the USA. No one wants to drive her, because they are afraid Canada will quarantine them when they cross back.

Default This is an emergency and unusual situation, need help ASAP!

I have found a solution.

Thank you to the people who tried to be helpful on the first post about this.

Need Someone Who Can Cross The Border W/O Quarantine

This is an emergency and unusual situation.

Because my mama is dying in Arkansas, I'm already in the USA. My wife is a Canadian citizen, currently in Windsor.

She needs to get to the Detroit Airport today, to meet me in Dallas for a follow-up to a Stem Cell procedure that she underwent in the US.

She doesn't drive and I'm thousands of miles away.

Because she doesn't drive, I need someone who can cross without fear of being quarantined upon return to Canada, who can give her a ride to the border.

She can take a cab from the border to the airport.

Is it possible that someone on here could assist her?

I'd really, really appreciate it.

Dr Kyla Dillard
    Last edited by DrKyla; April-28-21 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Found a solution

Have her take the tunnel bus to cross the border. No one else needs to cross. No one else will need quarantining.

Detroit-Windsor Tunnel | Home [[dwtunnel.com)
    Last edited by ndavies; April-28-21 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ndavies View Post
    Have her take the tunnel bus to cross the border. No one else needs to cross. No one else will need quarantining.

Detroit-Windsor Tunnel | Home [[dwtunnel.com)
    Why would you think it's operating? The land border is closed to all but essential traffic. Not to be too critical DrKyla but didn't you know all this yesterday? She should have take the train or airport shuttle to Toronto and flown to Dallas.
    Last edited by 401don; April-28-21 at 09:51 AM.

The tunnel bus is not running!

My mama is dying, so forgive me for her not arranging her death to allow time to reroute my wife through Toronto.

Taxis are allowed to drop people off and return without quarantine, but they will not do it.

I have found a solution.

Thank you to the people who tried to be helpful.

I have found a solution.

Thank you to the people who tried to be helpful.

I'm glad you found a solution. I'm sorry to hear about your mother. I with you, your mother, and your family the best.