Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default 4 of 9 Detroit City Council Members Not Running For Re-election.

"Four of nine Detroit city council members will not be running for reelection, including President Brenda Jones.With 9 seats to fill and 45 candidates running this August, the competition will be fierce. Two seats are at large, and seven are district-based."
    https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...es/7383161002/

Those 4 seats better not be those leftovers from Coleman Young-Kwame Kilpatrick Era. We need NEW faces that can keep touch in the Detroit's ghetto hoods like someone from Greater Grace Temple Church.

Council should go back to at large instead of by district. I lived in district 5 and I could tell you how this district had missed opportunities when it came from having retail including major chains especially along or near the Jefferson corridor to having more independent small grocery or farmer's markets in the empty storefronts on some of these neighborhood corners. What happened to the development on Jefferson Chalmers area? Most of the setback occurred before Covid. There are some developments that are moving forward but is this due to this being an election year the each district councilperson had cut some of the red tape to appear that they are finally doing something for their district?

Other than Raquel I'm glad all these losers are leaving. But Isn't Spivey just taking a different seat? He's not actually going away.

Quote Originally Posted by Satiricalivory View Post
    Other than Raquel I'm glad all these losers are leaving. But Isn't Spivey just taking a different seat? He's not actually going away.
    Not sure about, “losers” but I would take a few of them back before someone like those baboons, Joanna Underwood and Nicole Small.....you talk about pending “chaos” and “embarrassment”....they might top some of shenanigans of Monica Conyers, and the others from back in the day!

I meant “baboons”.

“Bafoons”.

Hopefully the geographic in Detroit had changed in the past 4 years that more intelligent votes are cast instead from those whom only went by name recognition or someone showing at resident's churches making false promises

They aren't going away, they're just leaving the council.

Just let Duggan run the show, It'll be fine.