Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Bargain Block - HGTV Detroit home rehabs

Anyone catch this last week? I believe the first of many, 18 to be exact. The homes they're rehabbing are in the areas of Livernois and 8 Mile, and another near the Southfield freeway.
    https://www.detroitnews.com/story/en...rs/7220831002/
    Last edited by Maof; April-21-21 at 06:26 PM.

Thanks for the update Maof. I also missed this when you started the thread and in the paper last month. I will definitely check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    Thanks for the update Maof. I also missed this when you started the thread and in the paper last month. I will definitely check it out.
    I like the show. Although some of the homes have quirky designs, I think they're doing a great job.
    Last edited by Maof; May-15-21 at 02:57 PM.

4. Default

I agree--really quirky designs but the prospective buyers don't seem to mind. What I like is the rehab of ordinary simple "Monopoly house" structures vs. more elegant houses usually chosen for these projects. It keeps the sale prices lower making them affordable housing.

My wife loves this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    I agree--really quirky designs but the prospective buyers don't seem to mind. What I like is the rehab of ordinary simple "Monopoly house" structures vs. more elegant houses usually chosen for these projects. It keeps the sale prices lower making them affordable housing. Even though the quirkiness is too quirky for me personally [[but I’m hardly the targeted buyer).

My wife loves this show.
    I don’t think I’ve heard the “Monopoly House” term before but it certainly fits. I do love the fact they are NOT working on the typical grander 1920’s or 30’s houses. Plus the fact that they try to have a notable impact by working in a compact area.

Like this guy does too: https://m.facebook.com/Th3blockdevelopment/