Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Proposal introduced in Lansing to choose new state flag for Michigan

Proposal introduced in Lansing to choose new state flag for Michigan

Republican State Representative Andrea Schroeder of Oakland County has introduced a bill that would create a commission to choose a new state flag, after submissions are submitted by people from across the state....
    The blue background must be retained if only to emphasize Michigan's fresh water resources. The uniquely identifiable outline {by even satellite} of Michigan, defined by its shoreline, should be predominant. The auto industry needs to be represented tastefully. What else?

Whatever happens along these lines, I hope all remember the KISS accronym. Keep It Simple, Stupid.

In this day n age no matter what one suggests will offend somebody.

Represent the auto industry

What ??? You meen those nasty fossil fuel polluting monstrosity’s that have stolen our childhood and destroyed the worlds climate while creating corporate billionaires while the rest of us are begging for $15 per hour?

lots of popcorn required for this one

I see no reason to change it.

It's hard to see what the shield really looks like unless you get right up close; looks like Sasquatch waving from the middle.
    A nice simple design like an outline of the state and great lakes of a state landmark, like the Mac or one of the Pictured Rocks or a lighthouse would be nice

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    It's hard to see what the shield really looks like unless you get right up close; looks like Sasquatch waving from the middle.

2 Pairs for Just $69.95 Plus a Free Exam!

https://www.americasbest.com/

Why not the obvious?

Name:  CDC2FE3E-7587-4E6F-A1CC-AD11789760F6.jpeg
Views: 213
Size:  240.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    Why not the obvious?

Name:  CDC2FE3E-7587-4E6F-A1CC-AD11789760F6.jpeg
Views: 213
Size:  240.7 KB
    That's right... start making political noise again Wheels... Lowell just had to do some thread scrubbing last week... keeping him busy with endear you to him!

Here are all 50 of the flags. Some are downright ugly, others more elegant, a very eclectic mix.

https://i.redd.it/3krnbdyz2rg21.jpg

Well we can't add an indigenous American + fur trader... but that Chewbacca has to go. Will have to mull it over. I do like the addition of the Mighty Mac though.
    Last edited by Gistok; April-09-21 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    That's right... start making political noise again Wheels... Lowell just had to do some thread scrubbing last week... keeping him busy with endear you to him!

Here are all 50 of the flags. Some are downright ugly, others more elegant, a very eclectic mix.

https://i.redd.it/3krnbdyz2rg21.jpg

Well we can't add an indigenous American + fur trader... but that Chewbacca has to go. Will have to mull it over. I do like the addition of the Mighty Mac though.
    So you can have an opinion and I can’t? Explain how my opinion is political because you don’t agree with it bu you can propose any option you like?