Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Anyone else go for a leisurely drive on 75 yesterday?

Glad Craig has made reckless driving a priority. With all the Chargers and Challengers they could take from these criminals the DPD could have a new fleet for free every year.

How much longer before police will be able to remotely shut down the vehicles of perps running from them though? I see that coming in the very near future.

LOL! You've got jokes!! That video was just nuts. Pops to image the concept of burning rubber and removing parts of your car in bright orange debris! What a maniac! Driving like that... then lost control. I would say from the balded tires from all the 'donut' circling done at sundown so often.

I wonder if the semi-truck the orange-clad speeder clipped pulled over on up the freeway? Looks like the speed maniac hit someone. Hope they are ok. Yeah leisurely driving indeed. Most sad when people are killed.

The comment section was crazy. When I see someone in one of those things I want to turn off the road or exit the freeway and let them go by. I was near that area yesterday and a speed-crank blew thru a solid red at John R. and eight. The police where near and took off in pursuit. As I drove by the person had indeed pulled over to receive their ticket, I'm hoping. They were not driving one of those super-charged, hopped-up Chrysler/ Dodge offerings so I guess they demurred on the idea of out-running the law.

What gets me is the nerve of those driving stolen cars, with guns, drugs, warrants etc. ETC. are never driving discreetly so as to be on the 'low-low' to not get stopped. Instead they drive insanely, drawing the police when they are not just wrecking - then fleeing on foot from their hot cars!

Taking a closer look that passenger door of the Charger sure flies open fast!

Perhaps so that the rider can run on up the grass hill before the police and ambulance arrive. I guess that did not work out!
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-24-21 at 04:12 PM.

It's not like their ads encourage reckless driving [[or kids jumping behind the wheel of their parent's car):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZCGWFEUt0I

We rented a cool white sedan Charger for a family members fall college graduation out of state. Engine roar was pretty cool...

Black leather nice, but not something I'd want to deal with daily on a hot day. A premium-grade gas guzzler - and it's rear wheel drive. So forget about for Michi-winters if it's your sole transportation!

It was nice to be noticed driving it, I suppose - but that's not my scene particularly. But I get why they're liked.
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-24-21 at 04:14 PM.

That's a dumbass right there. Just missed going under that semi. He's lucky he didn't get himself killed.

^ What's bad is that they kill or injure others!

Recently at night, a Chrysler or Dodge [[something or another - it whizzed by doing about 100 MPH), nearly took my side mirror off on the Lodge recently.

Crossed over my lane from the left, on up the nearest exit similar to this clods attempt. Scary!
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-24-21 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by K-slice View Post
    Glad Craig has made reckless driving a priority. With all the Chargers and Challengers they could take from these criminals the DPD could have a new fleet for free every year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    What gets me is the nerve of those driving stolen cars, with guns, drugs, warrants etc. ETC. are never driving discreetly so as to be on the 'low-low' to not get stopped. Instead they drive insanely, drawing the police when they are not just wrecking - then fleeing on foot from their hot cars!
    But that's the thing...., both state troopers and traffic cops cannot keep up with the speed of these suped up; Mustangs and Camero's, or Dodge's SRT division Scat Packs, Hellcats, and Jeep Trackhawk engines. A DPD officer once told me that they simply just cannot keep up with reckless drivers in Metro Detroit because our locals own more Hellcats than any major region in the world.

Good thing they caught the suspect.

Between driving a stolen car like that and having a Glock with a 50 round drum magazine... Death and destruction for many seems like a high probability scenario with this perpetrator.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    ^ What's bad is that they kill or injure others!

Recently at night, a Chrysler or Dodge [[something or another - it whizzed by doing about 100 MPH), nearly took my side mirror off on the Lodge recently.

Crossed over my lane from the left, on up the nearest exit similar to this clods attempt. Scary!
    You're right.

Looks like he passed the car that was in the left lane on the shoulder. The Honda SUV seen earlier in the video is the one that hits the median ass-end first and makes the crunching sound. Those chargers go fast straight but don't make them go thru a corner. 700 HP on some of those is effin ridiculous.

As I've said before, the vehicle manufacturers should be held liable, or prohibited from selling them. And SOS should not be issuing plates.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    As I've said before, the vehicle manufacturers should be held liable, or prohibited from selling them. And SOS should not be issuing plates.
    And you probably want to ban guns too.

I don't agree with that, nope. But I get that some will not be satisfied until nearly everything is controlled at the behest of those who abuse. Yep.

I have family members with fancy/ muscle cars including a Corvette. They drive normally and have no driving issues. Then you get the that car's too 'fancy/ big for you' judgement crowd.

One of my cousins had a Hummer. She has her own business and could very comfortably afford it. Far be it for me to judge.

I especially like when the power elite talk stuff while they drive what they want [[or are driven), fly what they want and when [[private or jumbo luxury jets), ocean polluting mega-yachts a plenty, etc.

All the while telling 'you' to ride public conveyance as your tribute to green.

Yeah the do as I SAY not as I 'do' crowd - Indeed. Lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-26-21 at 08:14 AM.

I see more idiotic driving like that in the Detroit area than anywhere else I've been in the world.

Was on 75 a few miles north of there yesterday, a couple hours later, but it was on 696 around Van Dyke where I saw an idiot whose recklessly aggressive driving should have landed him in jail. He was driving a huge red late model truck in the left lane no more than 2 feet behind the mid-size sedan in front of him. That car couldn't get out of his way because there were cars to his right and in front. There was a fair amount of traffic there, as usual. Immediately after they got past the car on the right, and before it would have been considerate for even the sedan to switch lanes, the guy in the truck poked his nose in front of the car on the right, forcing it to slow down, then squeezed up to the right of the car he had been following, whereupon he pushed repeatedly into the left lane, forcing the car he had been following half onto the shoulder to avoid getting hit. After a few seconds of this he raced ahead, passing drivers on the right and the left, weaving from lane to lane into small spaces between cars. Wish I had a camera to catch him in the act.

There are aggressive drivers in Boston [[and narrow roads), and crazy drivers in Portugal and Brazil, but why are so many drivers in Detroit so angry? it's been like that as long as I can remember.

It's been reported that Dodge is adding some type of improved governor or limiter that keeps the car from reaching a certain speed. However, some owners have them disabled. the new version, can't be disabled without screwing up the engine. Suppose to be installed on all 2021 Charger and Challenger 392 and SRT Hellcats going forward, and can be added on to previous years that don't have it. Apparently, the government has been in touch with Chrysler to try to harness all that power, and keep people from killing themselves and others.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; March-26-21 at 05:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    It's been reported that Dodge is adding some type of improved governor or limiter that keeps the car from reaching a certain speed. However, some owners have them disabled. the new version, can't be disabled without screwing up the engine....
    Back around 2001 I read that my 1999 Mustang GT could be delivered without a speed limiter but only if it had been ordered from the factory with Z-rated racing tires. Otherwise it would be limited to 120 MPH. I bought it used with Z tires and tested it under super safe conditions. Pegged the speedometer at 150.

Nothing out of the ordinary on the Lodge, Especially in the ditch. Been that way since I started driving in the mid to late 60's.
    Last edited by shovelhead; March-28-21 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Back around 2001 I read that my 1999 Mustang GT could be delivered without a speed limiter but only if it had been ordered from the factory with Z-rated racing tires. Otherwise it would be limited to 120 MPH. I bought it used with Z tires and tested it under super safe conditions. Pegged the speedometer at 150.
    Sometimes you just got to put your foot down on that pedal. I know that feeling.

^ Hah! To get out of the way of the maniac flying up in your rear-view mirror if for no other reason [love my trusty V6 when I need it]!

Last edited by Zacha341; April-01-21 at 02:52 PM.