Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Michigan to open vaccine eligibility to all ages 16+ by April 5

Michigan opens vaccine eligibility to 16+ by April 5; Ford Field to host regional mass vaccination site
    https://www.crainsdetroit.com/corona...ss-vaccination
    I get my second old people shot on March 23, and 10 days later my grandson can get his. It's a good thing

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    https://www.crainsdetroit.com/corona...ss-vaccination
    I get my second old people shot on March 23, and 10 days later my grandson can get his. It's a good thing
    It absolutely is! This whole, “I’ll wait my turn,” idea needs to stop. Happy to hear you are fully vaccinated and that your grandson will not be far behind.

As soon as one can get it, they should sprint for it. I received my first dose yesterday, being an educator/researcher in Los Angeles but currently with family through the pandemic. I took the liberty of saying that, I am not eligible in LA County, so I shall be eligible in Macomb County. I made my appointment, went through the process and received my shot with no problems at all.

Canada was way behind since vaccine is not being manufactured here but suddenly we have lots. The goal in Ontario is to have everyone done by June 21, 1st day of summer. I'm hoping that means re-opening of the border and I can get to a Tiger game in Aug. or Sept. Last year was the first year I missed a game since 1966.

It's not really a secret, but Walgreens and others don't verify what 'group' you are in to receive the vaccine.

Rite Aid does by age.
    Quote Originally Posted by hybridy View Post
    It's not really a secret, but Walgreens and others don't verify what 'group' you are in to receive the vaccine.

Rite Aid does by age.
    Yep. I went to a Rite Aid in Burton [[only appointment available) and had to show ID.

Rite Aid does by age.
    My wife and I are both in our early 40s and we got ours first dose at a Rite Aid on Friday, we got on their cancellation list and lucked into a couple, they didn't care that we were not in the group yet, they just didn't want to let the doses go to waste.

Got my first dose on Saturday. As the amount of available vaccine increases it needs to be made available to everyone who shows up asap. The city has done as good a job as anyone in the country so far, but the priority now really should be getting as many needles into as many arms as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by hybridy View Post
    The Walgreens my husband went to did.