The 2021 Detroit Arab Festival: probably not

The 2021 Detroit Dalley in the Alley: probably not

The 2021 Detroit Auto Show: wait until next year

The Detroit Grand Prix: All set with limited seating

The Detroit Ford Fireworks: possibly with limited viewing

The Detroit Jazz Festival: possibly with limited viewing

Lions home opener: possibly with limited viewing

Detroit Red Wings home opener: possibly with limited viewing

2021 Detroit-Windsor Marathon: possibly with limited invitation for those receiving Covid-19 vaccine.

2021 La Marche De Nain Rouge Festival: probably not

2021 Hob Nobble Gobble Carnival: possibly with limited invitation for those receiving Covid-19 vaccine.

2021 Detroit Americas Thanksgiving Day Parade with Lions home game at Ford Field: possibly with limited invitation for those receiving Covid-19 vaccine.

2022: New Years Day ringing: possibly with limited invitation for those receiving Covid-19 vaccine.

Other Suburban festivities:

Ferndale LGBTQ Pride Festival: probably not

Woodward Dream Cruise: possibly with limited viewing

Michigan State Fair: probably not

Arts Beats Eats: probably not

What other local events in Detroit and suburbs are on or not for this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    The 2021 Meridian Winter Blast: wait until next year

The 2021 Opening Day for Detroit Tigers: not sure

The 2021 Detroit Movement: probably not

The D-YES picnic: not any more

The 2021 Detroit African World Festival: probably not

The 2021 Detroit Gay Pride Festival: probably not

2021 Detroit-Windsor Marathon: possibly with limited invitation for those receiving Covid-19 vaccine.

2021 Hob Nobble Gobble Carnival: possibly with limited invitation for those receiving Covid-19 vaccine.

2021 Detroit Americas Thanksgiving Day Parade with Lions home game at Ford Field: possibly with limited invitation for those receiving Covid-19 vaccine.

2022: New Years Day ringing: possibly with limited invitation for those receiving Covid-19 vaccine.

Thank you for this giant waste of space

When I read the thread title, something told me it was Danny who wrote it. Gotta love Danny .

Quote Originally Posted by royce View Post
    When I read the thread title, something told me it was Danny who wrote it. Gotta love Danny .
    Danny's telling us ain't no one gonna be alive in 2022.

And to think this time last year we were told just to hold on a few weeks for things to resume....go back to normal... [[pre COVID).

If President Biden's statement about having doses for every adult by the end of May proves close to true, and the pace of vaccinations continues to ramp up, then we should soon be seeing the 'normal' of whatever the post-Covid world is going to look like. Of course, we'll have to get more of the hesitant on board, and hopefully a few of the anti-vaxxers or followers of whatever conspiracy wackiness is being bandied about in the twilight zone these days. But perhaps by mid-summer, and hopefully fully by the time of the start of the football season and Jazz Fest, we should be able to hold and attend live events at a decent level once again.

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    If President Biden's statement about having doses for every adult by the end of May proves close to true, and the pace of vaccinations continues to ramp up, then we should soon be seeing the 'normal' of whatever the post-Covid world is going to look like. Of course, we'll have to get more of the hesitant on board, and hopefully a few of the anti-vaxxers or followers of whatever conspiracy wackiness is being bandied about in the twilight zone these days. But perhaps by mid-summer, and hopefully fully by the time of the start of the football season and Jazz Fest, we should be able to hold and attend live events at a decent level once again.
    I'm sure politicians won't do this but I see absolutely no reason not to require proof of vaccination for large gatherings such as ball games, church, concerts, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    The 2021 Meridian Winter Blast: wait until next year

The 2021 Opening Day for Detroit Tigers: not sure

The 2021 Detroit Movement: probably not

The D-YES picnic: not any more

The 2021 Detroit African World Festival: probably not

The 2021 Detroit Gay Pride Festival: probably not

Just wanted to add some more events:

2021 SAE World Congress [[WCX)
    [[April, 12,000 attendees in 2017):
    No in person Attendance

2021 Motor City Comic Con [[Novi)
    [[May, 50,000 attendees in 2015):
    Postponed in 2020, unlikely

2021 Mo Pop Festival
    [[July, 20,000 attends in 2018):
    Unconfirmed

2021 Detroit China Festival
    [[September, 10,000 attendees in 2019):
    Unconfirmed

2021 Dlectricity
    [[September, 250,000 attendees in 2017):
    Confirmed for now for 9/24-9/25

2021 Youmacon
    [[November, 22,000 in 2017):
    Postponed in 2020, unconfirmed

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    I'm sure politicians won't do this but I see absolutely no reason not to require proof of vaccination for large gatherings such as ball games, church, concerts, etc.
    That would seem to make the most sense. At least for several months until we could be sure that infections and transmission had fallen to almost none. But, of course, being sensible is the very reason why the whackadoodles will oppose it.

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    That would seem to make the most sense.
    Zombies want their apocalypse. That's almost a tautology.

There is going to be a psychological tipping point, sometime this year. I speak as someone who is fully vaccinate plus two [two weeks after the second shot is considered to be the point where the vaccine is fully functional].

Suddenly the world looks different from "the other side". I still wear a mask when in proximity of others--those vaccinated purportedly can inhale covid and exhale somewhere else potentially infecting others--for the safety of others and to encourage others to keep masking until we contain this.

The situation is different, however, when all parties are vaccinated+ two weeks and recently I had my first dinner party with such folk. It was a bit weird to be maskless and have greeting hugs again, but it was a snapshot of the future.

The tipping point will come, I believe, when the most vulnerable are vaccinated, essentially every one over 40, which will cause a dramatic drop in the number of deaths. Last year seemed to show that warming weather helped too.

So I'm going to guess by June or July the attitude will be such that Covid is viewed as a dangerous nuisance and no longer a paralyzing fear. People will still be cautious but public gatherings and other social events will slowly resume toward normalcy.

^I think pandemic fatigue will really hit people once the weather is truly warm. Hopefully we can get enough vaccines out fast enough before this happens at a widespread level, but I'm already starting to see this, especially with the restrictions being rolled back a little.

I'm not saying it's right to all of the sudden not take the pandemic seriously, but I think people can only take being inside and away from other people for so long.

It will be truly interesting if around 25-30% of adults decide not to get vaccinated to see if that will be enough for herd immunity. I don't think the rest of us need to be cautious and worry what happens to them once everyone has had the opportunity to be vaccinated.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    It will be truly interesting if around 25-30% of adults decide not to get vaccinated to see if that will be enough for herd immunity. I don't think the rest of us need to be cautious and worry what happens to them once everyone has had the opportunity to be vaccinated.
    Unfortunately that %25-%30 of the population will be the petri dish that spawns the next version of Covid. You know, the version that the current vaccines don't work on.

The Tigers are allowed to put 1,000 fans in Comerica Park for opening day - that's in a 42,000 seat outdoor stadium. Meanwhile the Wings can put 750 in a 20,000 seat indoor arena. Logic?
    Oh, and the Texas Rangers announced they will fill every single seat at their ballpark for opening day, which does seem crazy.