Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Covid-19 found in Whole Foods Market in Detroit.

Whole Foods Market on the corner of Mack Ave. and Woodward Ave. has over 23 of its employees tested positive for Covid-19 customers whoever went to Whole Foods Detroit location before February 25 should get tested or be self-quarantine for 14 days and watch for symptoms. If you been vaccinated twice for Covid-19 you're ok.

Here is the info:

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...-for-covid-19/
    Last edited by Danny; February-26-21 at 07:36 AM.

^ Oh my! I recall the Kroger on Mack in the Village had a couple of staff who actually died back when this all started. That was very scary.

Of course the article does not say how many are actually sick.

I was there the other day to drop off an Amazon return [[they allow you to return things thru that location). I noted they'd resumed their limitation of how many could shop at one time so there was a long line and I left.

I hardly need a nudge NOT to go into Whole Paycheck! The cost alone is a deterrent. And this location is small tight-closed quartered.

I hope everyone is ok.

Every time when I return home, I bring out my notebook to record places that could be potential hot spots for community crowding for Covid-19. If see a whole lot of community crowding at a public place I leave immediately and come back another day when the place opens.

^ Yeah as a rule I avoid the crowds and peak shopping hours. Shopping extra early to avoid them. Many of the markets in Hamtramck open at 7 AM. I'm there at 7:20! This sounds like a super-spreader situation, coupled with a cramped store [[that location).

I wear gloves as I shop in stores. This large number of folks infected in such a small store location is concerning.
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-26-21 at 07:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    I hardly need a nudge NOT to go into Whole Paycheck! .
    No asparagus water for us this weekend!

It's almost like there's a higher risk of spread for essential workers who spend a lot of time together in one building.

Oh darn, and that was part of my meal plan for the weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by CR75 View Post
    No asparagus water for us this weekend!

Couple that with a cramp store and this location is not particularly clean at points the few times a year I shop there.

Quote Originally Posted by EGrant View Post
    It's almost like there's a higher risk of spread for essential workers who spend a lot of time together in one building.
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-26-21 at 09:05 AM.

^^ I know what you mean about going off hours... living in St. Clair Shores, I avoid our Nino Salvaggio's Italian produce market during the packed daytime hours, and go at 7:30PM just before closing when there's hardly anyone in there... ditto for the CVS [[avoiding the pharmacy pen at all costs), Dollar General and 7-Eleven near my home.

Today I am fortunate [[I qualify for early shots) to get my 1st Covid vaccine via the Meijer's Store in Roseville, up the road from me at 2PM. Not thrilled about going mid-day, but the risk is worth it. I also wear gloves... plastic disposable, when I go shopping and dispose of them when leaving the stores... but still make sure not to touch my face, until after I get home and thoroughly wash my hands.
    Last edited by Gistok; February-26-21 at 10:17 AM.

^ I hear ALL of that G! Additionally I gargle with Listerine and wash my face, mouth and nose area when I get home.

I took enough risks during a funeral [[and related planning/ events) last month where social distancing and masking went out the window at points!

One of my income-streams has involved close interactions with people, so I've long avoided touching my face, mouth and eyes UNTIL I'm home and washed. Just good hygiene in a world of viruses pre-COVID.

I've a friend that works at that Whole-paycheck. I'll have to check up on him.
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-26-21 at 10:35 AM.

I get Moderna #1 tomorrow, #2 will also be scheduled tomorrow. I've gone into higher cautious drive of late, but not high as I was a year ago.

Got mine yesterday and they scheduled it 4 weeks to the day, but will contact me with the time
    Quote Originally Posted by mikefmich View Post
    I get Moderna #1 tomorrow, #2 will also be scheduled tomorrow. I've gone into higher cautious drive of late, but not high as I was a year ago.

24 more employees tested positive for Covid-19 at Whole Foods in Detroit. anyone who went to market between Feb 11 to 22 must self quarantine immediately and watch for symptoms.

the entire place needs to be deep cleaned. Any possibly tainted food need to be destroyed.

The company's commitment to an "urban experiment" like Detroit needs to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    24 more employees tested positive for Covid-19 at Whole Foods in Detroit. anyone who went to market between Feb 11 to 22 must self quarantine immediately and watch for symptoms.
    One additional employee. Brings the total to from 23 to 24.

What about the other grocery stores around the city of Detroit? This is serious but how many other stores that have a covid outbreak among their employees?

https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...en/6869393002/

Well, this is bizarre. Are they anti-gov't, anti-science or don't believe the pandemic is real? This is not a political commentary. I just don't understand how so many people regardless political persuasion, including countless health professionals, can not believe in a vaccine that doesn't use virus/bacteria like previous generations and has already been given to millions with no ill effects.

Total lack of common sense??? My guess..
    Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...en/6869393002/

Well, this is bizarre. Are they anti-gov't, anti-science or don't believe the pandemic is real? This is not a political commentary. I just don't understand how so many people regardless political persuasion, including countless health professionals, can not believe in a vaccine that doesn't use virus/bacteria like previous generations and has already been given to millions with no ill effects.

I know of at least 2 [[likely many more) Nino Salvaggio employees at my local store that had Covid. How they got it, I have no clue... but I think we would be hard pressed not to find any stores, that didn't have at least some employees who had it... due to the prevalence of the virus in the general population.

I know the Meijer in Auburn Hills had several cases at least; husband worked their up until Covid struck in March and then went on leave, eventually just quitting; he was too old for that nonsense. The store didn't even tell other employees of illness unless it was in their own dept.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    I know of at least 2 [[likely many more) Nino Salvaggio employees at my local store that had Covid. How they got it, I have no clue... but I think we would be hard pressed not to find any stores, that didn't have at least some employees who had it... due to the prevalence of the virus in the general population.

Yes, considering their exposure, all day long, person and after person! Yeah their risk level is high. As it stands I only shop when the doors open or late when the stores about to close. I ran [[almost literally) into the Detroit Whole Paycheck Monday to drop off at their customer service area an Amazon item that needed to be returned. It was a ghost town.

Just a few shoppers present. Staff did appear to be wiping things down. I left in a hurry! All a bit to expensive for my shopping pre-COVID.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    ...but I think we would be hard pressed not to find any stores, that didn't have at least some employees who had it... due to the prevalence of the virus in the general population.

I can think of a few products I use that in Detroit I can only find at Whole Foods. But not many.

I'm glad they're there, but it would be good for them to have more competition. Hopefully that would move their prices down some.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Staff did appear to be wiping things down. I left in a hurry! All a bit to expensive for my shopping pre-COVID.
    This is one of my longstanding pet peeves since way before COVID. At all different kinds of grocery stores.

What's that mystery liquid on the conveyor belt at the cashier? Condensation from a carton of ice cream, or bacteria juice from a factory-meat farm?

Store management: Please train cashiers to clean it with a disinfectant, before the next customer. Especially when they see it came from meat, not ice cream. Thanks.

Don't want to put my bananas there!
    Last edited by bust; March-03-21 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    What about the other grocery stores around the city of Detroit? This is serious but how many other stores that have a covid outbreak among their employees?
    Detroit local supermarkets are well are of the situation and doing whatever in its power to make your local market safe and efficient.

I hope.

And watch what people DO as well! I witnessed a very NASTY action at a suburban Kroger [[Farmington I think): A couple [[themselves not looking too clean) pushed along thru the entire store on the dirty-germ laden floor a 24 pack of water, only to lift it up onto the conveyor belt when they got to the cashier! Filthy idea - all done to keep from using a cart?

I asked that the cashier disinfect that part of the belt - which she quickly did. But who in the world does such a thing!?? So watch people I say.

Quote Originally Posted by bust View Post
    ...What's that mystery liquid on the conveyor belt at the cashier? Condensation from a carton of ice cream, or bacteria juice from a factory-meat farm?

Store management: Please train cashiers to clean it with a disinfectant, before the next customer. Especially when they see it came from meat, not ice cream. Thanks.
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-05-21 at 01:08 PM.

Many people who are normally clean at home can turn into complete pigs in grocery stores and restaurants. My husband worked produce at Meijer and used to come home and tell me about the cherry pits spit back into the display, as well as apples with bites out of them turned bite side down in the apple display. Dirty diapers thrown under tables with skirts on them, and many other unsavory things. A case of water dragged across the floor is nothing.
    I worked in restaurants for years and salad bars are the worst. Chewed up gum in the bottom of the lettuce, food spit back in; I'd rather clean the bathrooms at the end of the night.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast