Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Ferndale aquarium?

Does anyone know anything about this?

I was born in 1957 and grew up in Royal Oak starting from
    1958. I have no recollection of the above. I thought you
    were posting about the large aquarium that the downtown
    Ferndale McDonald's had in the eighties or so. This McDonald's
    and its aquarium have been gone for years now.

No, but the first thing that crossed my mind was Sea Monkeys. LOL!

I think it's the similar art style.

Then I remembered there's some sinister back story to Sea Monkeys. I don't even want to go there.

Now, I know it could be Ferndale, CA

Considering Ferndale, CA is a remote town in Humboldt County [[extreme Northern California), I believe this poster is some sort of gag, or perhaps part of the decor for a theme party.

I saw a copy of the exact same poster with the exception of Belle Isle in small type where this one says Ferndale. There was another poster with similar type design that said Sunken Ship Lounge 12100 Woodward, Highland Park.

The site was Electric Vector. They sell copies of vintage Detroit posters. Might be manipulating the designs.

The poster for the Sunken Ship had an All Girl Aquatease Extravaganza.

Ferndale Ca is on the ocean and does have some sort of aquarium.

I see there was a Sunken Ship Lounge at that address in 1972. It was at the Monterey Motel/Howard Johnsons? It featured an underwater cocktail lounge with observation windows of the swimming pool. That apparently was where the Aquatease Extravaganza was.

The first rule of the Ferndale SeaQuarium is you don't talk about the Ferndale SeaQuarium.