Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Core City Development Will Bring 30 Apartments, Ample Public Green Space

This new residential project, just approved by the planning department, will bring 30 rental units across an array of buildings [[21,325 square feet) along 15th Street. Kafka's Prince Concepts is partnering with the Ferlito Group on development.
    Name:  EC3_0_Core City neighborhood aerial.jpg
Views: 712
Size:  85.3 KB

Name:  EC3_5_Schematic Model_5_Aerial view of how the Central Spine connects units with outdoor living.JPEG
Views: 752
Size:  47.5 KB

https://urbanize.city/detroit/post/c...ic-green-space

... says they will break ground by June. Hmm. best of success.

Next to those Quonset Huts. Let's bring art the new art district in the C.O.R.E.

In the article it says 80% of the project will be green space. Isn't there enough green space in the area? I'm disappointed that they're not making better use of the space. Building more units to me is better use of the space. I guess something is better than nothing here in Detroit. Sometimes you just want more.

Those renders don't look fleshed out at all, highly doubt this starts this summer.

30 units in what appears to be 13-15+/- buildings. So these are duplexes + triplexes. I find the whole thing interesting that they plan to orient them onto an internal central spine. It may encourage community interaction, but does it take eyes off the street? Ignoring the fact that there needs to be some type of service side to these, where exactly will trash/recycling dumpsters go? They also mention that parking will go onto surface lots on adjacent lots...it's too bad it couldn't be integrated some way. As a professional, I would also never allow a photo of a very rudimentary study model be included in any publication. Good luck to them.
    Last edited by hybridy; February-17-21 at 02:03 PM.

Soooo, some of these will front the alley it looks like? No plan for parking or the decrepit buildings right across the street?

The project seems small enough that it could go forward and the developers will "figure it out", seems like a premature announcement though.

Quote Originally Posted by K-slice View Post
    Soooo, some of these will front the alley it looks like? No plan for parking or the decrepit buildings right across the street?
    They're riffing on 'The Mews' as part of City Modern in Brush Park.

The Mews. For musing or mingling, the meticulously landscaped pocket parks connect the neighborhood and its neighbors. Benches are set up for sitting in the sun or under the stars.

This looks and seems horrible from both design and landscaping concepts.

But I don't have to live there so oh well.

I like the out of the box thinking regarding architecture in this area, but I cringed when I heard the exterior was going to be stucco. Lord how I loathe stucco