Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Kevin Adell "Bans" Kilpatrick after show deal sours

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...rs/4352404001/

910 Superstation owner bans Kilpatrick's name after offer sours: 'No one's going to breathe your name'

Robert SnellThe Detroit News

View Comments
    Detroit — Kevin Adell, owner of WFDF-AM [[910), has banned radio personalities and guests from mentioning Kwame Kilpatrick after the former Detroit mayor spurned a potentially lucrative job offer.
    Adell describes a brief, unrequited and, eventually, bitter courtship launched after Kilpatrick left prison last month when President Donald Trump commuted the politician's 28-year federal prison sentence. Adell said he offered Kilpatrick, 50, the option of a morning or afternoon drive-time radio show on 910 Superstation and a half-hour show on his Word Network, the world's largest African American religious network that reaches more than 200 countries.

Detroit News File Photograph.
    But Kilpatrick never responded, Adell says, rebuffing an offer that could help the politician satisfy probation conditions that include securing a job, and paying more than $1.7 million in restitution to the Internal Revenue Service and the Detroit Water and Sewerage Department.
    "He blew it," Adell told The Detroit News on Tuesday. "I don’t want him on. We don't want drama here."

To paraphrase a famous quote... "Hell hath no fury like a radio station owner spurned"...

I'm no Kilpatrick apologist, but he never even spoke to Adell - let alone say he'd host a show - yet Adell goes to the media and says he doesn't want Kilpatrick's "drama"? And he is saying this drama nonsense after offering Kilpatrick of all people a show? Lol

It makes no sense. At first he wants to hire Kilpatrick. Kilpatrick turns it down. So now anyone who works for him isn't allowed to mention Kilpatrick, a man he so desperately wanted to hire?

I despise Kwame Kilpatrick, but he's a free man. He's allowed to tell someone he doesn't want to take their job.

This is a bad look for Kevin Adell.

Who needs that Black Godfather on the Adell's radio even on his low rated urban TV station.
    Last edited by Danny; February-03-21 at 06:47 PM.

What a mess and I listen to of the 910 shows as I can. I am certain a few existing hosts are glad the KK deal did not go thru. I mean you only have some many slots and they're full-out now. Rev. Al Sharpton, who is now heard nationally has the 910 mid-day cream slot!

Withstanding how one feels about Sharpton was KK going to fill that spot? Or just the local smaller sets. Kilpatrick needs to stay out of the lime-light to get himself together, privately, outside of the media pull and push. Showiness is much of what drove him down the roads he went.

I would not have listened to his show. Not one minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottathew View Post
    It makes no sense. At first he wants to hire Kilpatrick. Kilpatrick turns it down. So now anyone who works for him isn't allowed to mention Kilpatrick, a man he so desperately wanted to hire?

I despise Kwame.
    Don't trust anyone who'd hire Kilpatrick,
    Obviously.
    Experience.
    No less obvious:
    Don't trust "news" from WFDF.
    Last edited by bust; February-03-21 at 02:16 PM.