Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Towns @ Scripps Park

New development at Trumbull and Selden. I believe I saw this as a potential development some years back, but it is being presented to the HDC this week.

It looks like this is around 64 units spread over 16 new buildings with one renovation.

Name:  Capture3.jpg
Views: 952
Size:  123.2 KB

Name:  Capture4.jpg
Views: 951
Size:  84.7 KB

https://detroitmi.gov/government/mayors-office/bridging-neighborhoods-program/property-listings/3664-3708-trumbull-and-3689-3915-lincoln

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1np_...jDPBMf3pb/view
    Last edited by JonWylie; February-01-21 at 01:28 PM.

Woodbridge needs from 21st Century beauty treatment.

You're on fire with the updates!

Also these:

Name:  1704.JPG
Views: 717
Size:  58.6 KBLink

Name:  15461552.JPG
Views: 736
Size:  49.5 KBLink

I’m pleasantly surprised to see those infill projects on Putnam. The city has lost so many buildings of this scale; it would be nice to see a couple new builds. Kind of surprised that the economics would work out.

So many criticize the design of new construction. Seems to me that these would fit in nicely.

What is that orange brick old building in the middle of the development? Was that the powerhouse to the original Whitcomb estate? It doesn't look like it was ever residential.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    What is that orange brick old building with the tall chimney in the middle of the development? Was that the powerhouse to the original Whitcomb estate? It doesn't look like it was ever residential.
    It’s the powerhouse from the Scripps mansion.

^ Opps... got my Scripps and my Whitcomb's mixed up... Anna Scripps Whitcomb... 1886-1953, philanthropist, had Belle Isle Conservatory named after her in 1955 after leaving it her 600 Orchid collection.