Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Anthony Adams, ex-deputy to Kwame Kilpatrick, running for mayor

This guy seems to running on the old, tired, "what about the neighborhoods" platform that several other candidates have in the past.

Does he have a shot in the current Covid, recession, pro-BLM climate right now?

Does his platform actually differ from CY Jr or others with similar messages?

What do you think about him being a Kwame crony, and does his release from prison have any bearing on the timing of this announcement?

What do you think?

It’s the same thing every city struggles with and both downtowns and the neighborhoods need each other to survive in the long term.

The difference is the downtown is fueled by private investment in buildings looking forward a return,big impact of billions invested.

The neighborhoods are comprised of a majority of individual home ownership and rely on an outside sources of revenue to rebuild,which comes from tax dollars or bouts of federal funding.

Under the current mayorship there have been lots of programs introduced to help the neighborhoods in the best way that can with the funds that are available.

I think if one is going to run on the platform of they are going to save the neighborhoods,really needs to explain to the public where they are going to get the billions required in order to do that in the span of a couple of years.

They could do it by raising funds through bond sales,but property taxes would have to be adjusted accordingly,which would force more residents out and continue the downward cycle.
    Last edited by Richard; January-27-21 at 10:30 AM.

Adams will lose in a flash. Anyone who tries to challenge Duggan is lost automatically. Duggan bought jobs, development, businesses, regulating public parks, ease city bus transportation and more. He never downplay the pandemic. I don't see any more hard news problem from him other than a small business property scandal that is alleged and it turns out the victim's ploy to ruin Duggan's Mayoral career.

And the Detroit City Council has been too quiet lately.

So Duggan will be back in office and hopefully he'll keep on running for Mayor of Detroit and serve longer past Coleman Young.
    Last edited by Danny; January-27-21 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    It’s the same thing every city struggles with and both downtowns and the neighborhoods need each other to survive in the long term.

The difference is the downtown is fueled by private investment in buildings looking forward a return,big impact of billions invested.

The neighborhoods are comprised of a majority of individual home ownership and rely on an outside sources of revenue to rebuild,which comes from tax dollars or bouts of federal funding.

Under the current mayorship there have been lots of programs introduced to help the neighborhoods in the best way that can with the funds that are available.

I think if one is going to run on the platform of they are going to save the neighborhoods,really needs to explain to the public where they are going to get the billions required in order to do that in the span of a couple of years.

They could do it by raising funds through bond sales,but property taxes would have to be adjusted accordingly,which would force more residents out and continue the downward cycle.
    This is dumber than your political posts, which is saying a lot. Watch I'll get banned for this despite the fact that you are allowed to vomit your political bullshit incessantly.

Anyway, the downtown v. neighborhood rhetoric has been going on forever and of course corporations drive our downtown and of course if you give the neighborhoods of a city like Detroit a billion dollars then they would be better off. The question was whether Anthony Adams can be elected mayor.

Answer: NO he can't.

Conspiracy theory? - Kwame owes a ton of money to a ton of people so no surprise that people close to him will run for offices, and we will see more in the next few years. They can raise money being connected to him because he has a sold base [[sound familiar? Trump playbook)...part of which will go to Kwame. Again, just speculation on my part.

^ nice try.

The first statement was the platform he was running on,you agreed with what I posted,while just rewording it.

Show me where I posted anything political related in a political thread which is what this is.

If I was going to politicalize this any more,I would have added the fact that I have always supported Dugan in this forum from day 1 because I felt he was and still is the best choice which has been backed up by his actions.

See how that works,it is based on platforms backed up by results,everything else is a distraction and rhetoric.

I also posted addressing weather or not he can be elected based on the platform he is running on,which seems to be pretty clear Detroiters are going to be expecting a little more this time outside of the promise,like how are you going to fulfill that promise? Without that it is sketchy as to his chances of winning.

Like you it is also speculation on my part,but I will not condemn you if I think your speculation supersedes mine.

That is the difference.
    Last edited by Richard; January-27-21 at 12:12 PM.

God, when I said I wanted somebody to replace Duggan I didn't mean Kwame's fucking deputy mayor co-criminal kingpin.

Duggan will win in a landslide if this is his only competition.

Duggan will win in a landslide because he's the most competent boss in the city. He's far from perfect but put a fork in Detroit if he leaves anytime soon. That said, he needs to find a new police chief in December. Hollywood Craig is a dimwit hack. And he needs to steer some demo money into picking up these nasty trash and garbage-littered streets.

^ And the folks throwing the trash in the street need a check-up from the neck-up on what makes them so nonchalant in littering.

Quote Originally Posted by motorcity View Post
    And he needs to steer some demo money into picking up these nasty trash and garbage-littered streets.
    This x 1000. One of the few things Kwame got right with his annual spring cleanups etc. There is SO MUCH trash in these streets. It's ridiculous. Clean up is badly needed.

None of this flotsam will get my vote.

In 2017, a few people who was running for mayor didn't had a clean record. Anthony Adams ain't no better. Remember he was charge back in 2012 with a loaded gun and pleaded guilty.
    https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...es-gun-charge/
    Last edited by THE FURY 617; January-28-21 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by THE FURY 617 View Post
    In 2017, a few people who was running for mayor didn't had a clean record. Anthony Adams ain't no better. Remember he was charge back in 2012 with a loaded gun and pleaded guilty.
    https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...es-gun-charge/
    That's because Kwame, The Godfather wants Adams to smoke someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    That's because Kwame, The Godfather wants Adams to smoke someone.
    There was an interview with Norman Yatooma on one of the stations here locally. To me, he seemed absolutely, positively convinced that KK had something to do with that girls death. If he was bullshitting he had me fooled.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    There was an interview with Norman Yatooma on one of the stations here locally. To me, he seemed absolutely, positively convinced that KK had something to do with that girls death. If he was bullshitting he had me fooled.
    That's right. The Black Godfather wants Tamara Green smoked and he got Adams and his crew to do it. It was a Black Mafia hit. The Ghettos in the streets of Detroit can talk. But its neighbors and Kwame Black Mafia Crime Family don't snitch.

Green was there at the stripper party at the Manoogian Mansion [[Detroit White House). Then getting smoked because if the investigation by Cox or Jerry Brown was ongoing. Tamara Green will be the prime witness.

I took an urban planning law seminar he taught at WSU Law School in the mid-1980s. I was not impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Green was there at the stripper party at the Manoogian Mansion [[Detroit White House).
    Ok, you got me, that's hilarious.

What ever happened to Cox. Seemed like such a weasel and he just disappeared.
    He know too much or was dirty?
    Everyone knows the mansion story is mostly true. Friends of cops that were there have. Be funny to turn Kwame right back around on a murder charge!

Quote Originally Posted by One Shot View Post
    What ever happened to Cox. Seemed like such a weasel and he just disappeared.
    He know too much or was dirty?
    Everyone knows the mansion story is mostly true. Friends of cops that were there have. Be funny to turn Kwame right back around on a murder charge!

I like the way you think.