Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default 2021 Detroit Lions

Did you see Campbell's "we will storm the beaches" press conference? Came across as a clown. Perfect fit for the Lions. And what did this guy do to warrant a 6 year contract? ​It is the Lions so I guess he just asked for it.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Did you see Campbell's "we will storm the beaches" press conference? Came across as a clown. Perfect fit for the Lions. And what did this guy do to warrant a 6 year contract? ​It is the Lions so I guess he just asked for it.
    What's the killer is they won't reveal his salary for those 6 years. It's undisclosed.

I liked him personally. Is it a risk? Yep, but, to me at least, he does come across as genuine and honest. Unlike Matty who was clearly trying to be Belichek.

I also liked his knee cap speech. I want more of that in the NFL. The NFL has gotten a little soft over the years

Pressers and speeches are worthless to me when it comes to this team. Show us competitive football and win games. Nothing else matters. As far as the contracts on these new hires, why would we care about the Fords wallet? I remain unsympathetic to the owners of the franchise.

Matt Patricia is back with the Patriots as talent evaluator!

Good riddance! have fun coaching kids!

Matthew Stafford may leave to the Detroit Lions for another NFL Team.

If it happens good riddance to him. It's a horrible 12 seasons for Bad Luck Stafford.

I bought a Lions warm up coat in the beginning of 2008 when they went 0-16. I have kept it most of the time in the closet. The team and owners still suck as always, but the jacket is warm.

Let's see if the 2-new regime dudes have enough intellect to figure out how to sign Deshaun Watson to take the helm at QB?

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    Let's see if the 2-new regime dudes have enough intellect to figure out how to sign Deshaun Watson to take the helm at QB?
    I don't follow football all that closely but he's got 40 million for 2022 and a no trade clause. Is it worth that much for a team with so many holes?

IMHO, Jim Schwartz built a solid defense, Jim Caldwell developed a respectable offense and winning culture, and Batt Quintricia destroyed all three. The Lions may as well begin rebuilding for the umpteenth time and allow Stafford to go somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    Pressers and speeches are worthless to me when it comes to this team. Show us competitive football and win games. Nothing else matters. As far as the contracts on these new hires, why would we care about the Fords wallet? I remain unsympathetic to the owners of the franchise.
    I agree 100%. It's not like staff salaries affect the salary cap. I was just wondering why on earth you offer 6 years to someone with no head coaching experience. It's not like you were bidding against someone else offering 5.

Without Stafford Lions will go 0-16 next season. And after rebuilding Lions will go 3-13.

I don't follow football all that closely but he's got 40 million for 2022 and a no trade clause. Is it worth that much for a team with so many holes?
    A top-10 or better elite QB is the "biggest" hole, Lions have no experience developing a rookie QB [[Harrington, Ware) to take them to the promise-land [[S-bowl), so wage the farm on a winner!

Wait a minute, I forgot, they rather waste $20-million plus to the 2 NE losers they just fired, shame on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    Wait a minute, I forgot, they rather waste $20-million plus to the 2 NE losers they just fired, shame on me.
    The TB Buccaneers' win yesterday demonstrates the importance of having an elite QB as opposed to having that "genius" Belichick.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    The TB Buccaneers' win yesterday demonstrates the importance of having an elite QB as opposed to having that "genius" Belichick.
    Yeah that one-time Michigan back-up has done okay for himself - 10 more Super Bowls than the Lions franchise.
    Last edited by 401don; January-25-21 at 10:22 AM.

All these new hires seem to be very well thought of. Stafford’s trade value seems to be a first round pick plus. Should be an interesting off season.

Without Stafford Lions will go 0-16 next season. And after rebuilding Lions will go 3-13.
    Yup. Gonna be painful. I respect Stafford and his wishes. He was loyal to a fault. Time he finds a winner before it's too late for him

Bad Luck Stafford is sick and tired of the losing putty tats. He wants to move on and play for another team that can win Super Bowls and be like Tom Brady.

So good riddance and good luck.

The Detroit Lions - rebuilding since 1957!

Yeah, Lions’ first step in rebuilding will be to pick another first round zero like Joey Harrington.

Yeah, Lions’ first step in rebuilding will be to pick another first round zero like Joey Harrington.
    or Andre Ware.

I don’t want to sound like a slappy, but I think the Lions have made some good hires. Duce Staley, Dom Capers are two names that come to mind. I’m trying not to be, but I’m impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by jiminnm View Post
    or Andre Ware.
    Yeah, I forgot about Andre Ware. And they picked a mediocre linebacker a few years ago.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/...ams-jared-goff

Looks like Stafford is traded to the Los Angeles Rams for Jared Goff and some high-ranking draft picks in the future.

I wonder how much, if anything, this will change the 2021 season's progress.

Decent haul of picks if this holds

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ks-sources-say

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast