Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Trump pardons Kwame Kilpatrick

Trump has nothing to gain from this, why at the final hour do this?

Really awful. Can Kwame be charged with state crimes now? What about the girl he murdered?

Quote Originally Posted by Satiricalivory View Post
    Trump has nothing to gain from this, why at the final hour do this?

Really awful. Can Kwame be charged with state crimes now? What about the girl he murdered?
    What has he done that made ANY sense?

Perhaps a message to Whitmere? And others.

Incredible the list goes on-and on!

What times we're living in...

...all of this hitting within the last few hours.

Is this plastic checkers, or long-term chess maneuvers?
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-20-21 at 03:28 AM.

The question should be for African Americans is why didn't former President Obama didn't pardon Kilpatrick

To Trump's thinking since his is not going to be president anymore. He will pardon the Black godfather King Kwame!

It's time to beat the spread.

Can King Kwame run again as Mayor of Detroit?

Yes in 2030

Watch out folks!

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    The question should be for African Americans is why didn't former President Obama didn't pardon Kilpatrick
    Because KK is guilty as hell and BO is an honorable person?

I should have put this here. It's a very brief video on the subject.

Can Pardons Be Revoked or Rescinded?

Commuted, not pardoned.

Trump is draining the swamp, as long as you define "swamp" as the Federal prison system and not "D.C. Politics". I don't approve.

My prediction is that Trump pardons himself and his family at 11am to avoid consequence and to make the day about him instead of Biden.

List of people granted executive clemency by Donald Trump

I wonder if he developed writer's cramp after all those signatures.

No you didn't go there Stasu! Hah.

That ran across my mind and others as we learned of this late last night. All kinds of questions come up rather you endorse Kilpatrick or not.

That's what makes this so wild!

Detroit social media and local talk radio will be abuzz.

Last edited by Zacha341; January-20-21 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    List of people granted executive clemency by Donald Trump

I wonder if he developed writer's cramp after all those signatures.
    Yes, half are pardons, the rest commutations. Kilpatrick's sentence was commuted:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings...emency-012021/

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post

Yes in 2030

Watch out folks!
    Since it was commuted instead of pardoned, he is still subject to the 20 year ban on holding office.

Former president Barack Obama was no ones fool about that one can argue, especially early on during his campaign right at the beginning of the Kilpatrick shannigans revealtime-frames. Obama strategically and patently REFUSED to campaign within the city of Detroit.

And his absence was distinctly NOTED. And for some understood.

Obama erred on caution that Kilpatrick was going down and NO 'hand-shaking - back slapping' photo was to see the light of day.

And there was none.

Not one photo exists of Kwame Kilpatrick and Barack Obama in the same room [[which for the sake of politics could only be forced had Obama come into the city proper) during his campaign for the POTUS.

If I am wrong, I must have missed it.

If I recall Obama did came into Ann Arbor - or was it Dearborn? That was about the closest proximity to the D. During Kilpatricks mayoral run.

It's going to be absolutely wild on 910 AM radio today.

Rev. Al Sharpen's nationally syndicated show airs there at 1:00. Just nutso to see what's said.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Because KK is guilty as hell and BO is an honorable person?
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-20-21 at 09:47 AM.

He was warned by several attorneys that pardoning himself and his family or members of congress would look very bad and make them all look guilty of things they haven't been charged with yet. Apparently he took it to heart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottathew View Post
    Trump is draining the swamp, as long as you define "swamp" as the Federal prison system and not "D.C. Politics". I don't approve.

My prediction is that Trump pardons himself and his family at 11am to avoid consequence and to make the day about him instead of Biden.

Because Kwame screwed over African Americans more than anyone. Took their tax dollars [[along with the tax dollars from everyone in Detroit, black, white, Hispanic, Asian, etc) and funneled millions to his friends while the city continued to rot.

Kwame wasn't a pardon; was a commutation. Means he was let out of jail, but he is still convicted of his crimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Stylin View Post

That's right and I think his ability to practice law remains impacted as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWylie View Post
    Since it was commuted instead of pardoned, he is still subject to the 20 year ban on holding office.

Yes, it's a distinction worth noting as there were some who, while believing Kilpatrick to be guilty found the 28 year sentence too long.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Kwame wasn't a pardon; was a commutation. Means he was let out of jail, but he is still convicted of his crimes.
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-20-21 at 09:09 AM.

That's a factor I will certainly not deny as I decried the whole 'justification' of the Kilpatrick corruption set heavily as the thing rolled out.

As it stands, former president Barack Obama did not touch the whole issue at the front or at the back end! For whatever judgment that may have brought upon him - good or bad: he left Kilpatrick to himself.

Quote Originally Posted by K-slice View Post
    Because Kwame screwed over African Americans more than anyone. Took their tax dollars [[along with the tax dollars from everyone in Detroit, black, white, Hispanic, Asian, etc) and funneled millions to his friends while the city continued to rot.
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-20-21 at 09:44 AM.

Not for 20 years, and he remains a felon - on record with a huge debt.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post

Yes in 2030

Watch out folks!

20 Years from his conviction, not 20 years from now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Not for 20 years, and he remains a felon - on record with a huge debt.

^ Thank you for that clarification JC. I absolutely would not vote for him today, tomorrow or in the future.

I did vote for him, his first run - but not the second to the anger of some family and friends. But I'm VERY used to being odd-woman out in arena politics and social culture. And very wisely we didn't bitterly divide over it like people did/ do over Trump.
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-20-21 at 10:03 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast