Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Brandon Roux - WDIV

Did anyone note that Brandon had a low sugar episode during the noon weather broadcast today [[Friday)? During his broadcast he started sluring some words and said "Oh gosh" before his mic went silent. Later in the day WDIV reported
    that he was fine after his daughter found him and gave him a soda with sugar to get his levels back up. It was scary when it happened live on TV.

Brandon Roux has diabetes for all of his life. He should have known better to check his blood sugar levels everyday before he can do his work. He was that close to go into a coma and possibly die.

I heard the sound cut out but I didn't hear him slur his words.
    He's been broadcasting from home since the epidemic started because he is diabetic.

wow. glad he's got it together.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    wow. glad he's got it together.
    He did not have it all together. Being a type II diabetic I know when my blood sugar starts dropping. He should have delayed his broadcast or had someone fill in for him. Especially when he was slurring his words. His blood sugar level must have been below 55 milligrams per deciliter. 80 milligrams per deciliter is considered the safe low reading. I usually do not start slurring my words until 50-55. It takes 15-20 minutes after consuming a sugar of some sort to start getting back to normal and a good 45 minutes to feel ok. He should have known better!!
    Last edited by p69rrh51; January-25-21 at 03:18 AM.

Once my mother's car was rear-ended in Clawson by a driver with low blood sugar. It was a hit and run. My mother carefully followed the hit and run driver a mile north to Troy with 911 on the phone. The car turned down a side street that was a dead end. When the car got to the last house it turned up a driveway and went THROUGH the garage where two men had been working on a car.

My mom said that every cop car from Clawson and Troy showed up. Everyone was fine, the man received treatment.