Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Far West Side Projects?

For a while now, I've been wondering if anything is happening or proposed out to the far west side, along the Jeffries or Fullerton areas. There used to be quite a bit of industrial out there including Massey Ferguson and American Motors [[at least their offices).

In post 13 here [[ https://www.detroityes.com/mb/showth...214#post605214 ), I see a map with four blue blocks showing along that area. Do we know what those are?

In Brightmoor only a handful of habitat homes and other pre-fab homes for po'folks that don't have money. Years later some the new homes are either boarded up, burn down and long gone.

I was hoping for some community developer create a rows of homes. Subsidized with watchful government eyes. These homes are for meant for low to middle income families with a working income [[Sorry no welfare or ADC approved!) It will be a watchful rent community with neighbors doing community action and participation. Rents for this new community starts at $700 a month. However rents can be reduced by $50 dollars if you're very active in the community. You must apply for rental insurance. A background check and credit history to see if you're qualify. Once you get the home the tenant will be totally responsible of taking care of the property inside and out. There will be fines if there is any approaching blight and on purpose damages. There will be annual 'solstice inspection' meaning there be two inspections one in the winter and other in the summer. If they is any maintenance issues, please call the maintenance crew immediately so they can rush over and fix these problems. Please try not do any DIY quick fixes unless you're a certified handy man, contractor or. And if you're doing a DIY quick fix report or face fines for not reporting any maintenance issues. If you add other big projects to the home, let the maintenance crew know. There will be no riff-raffs in our neighborhoods. There will be private security patrolling every block and corner day and night. Now that's real Detroit neighborhood will like instead of the Ghetto hood.
    Last edited by Danny; January-01-21 at 10:09 AM.

In post 13 here [[ https://www.detroityes.com/mb/showth...214#post605214 ), I see a map with four blue blocks showing along that area. Do we know what those are?
    Those were just land swaps to Moroun for the FCA project, though they are not described in the city report on this. Mostly, the Morouns wanted land adjacent or close to other land they own to build up larger parcels. I imagine they already own land around the rail lines over that way. There is a large Canadian Pacific intermodal yard up that way, so it'd make sense the Crown - a logistics company - would want land around it.
    Last edited by Dexlin; January-01-21 at 06:45 PM.

Hold On Now! Confusion here. Thread title mentions far west side Jeffries and Fullerton [[which is not really that far west), then old Massey Ferguson, yet references FCA at Jefferson and Freud [[post 13).

Just askin'..................
    Last edited by Hamtragedy; January-04-21 at 09:33 PM. Reason: clairty

Only referenced the other thread instead of copying the map image.

Industrial parts of Fullerton go at least to Southfield or Evergreen, which is pretty far west. Beyond there, I remember it as residential for the most part.

I think people were confused - myself included - because the map included in my post focuses on an east side parcel, but you can see the little west side parcels shown, too, on a closer look. Interestingly enough, the report does not detail the west side portions you've focused on.