Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Detroit and the $600 Stimulus or is it to be 2K?

Detroiters to received $600 stimulus check soon... how will this help?

https://www.freep.com/story/money/20...csp=chromepush

From article:

Stimulus money could be coming to your account tonight.
    Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin tweeted on Tuesday evening the department "has delivered a payment file to the Federal Reserve for Americans' Economic Impact Payments." His tweet continued: "These payments may begin to arrive in some accounts by direct deposit as early as tonight and will continue into next week."

McConnell blocks $2,000 stimulus checks

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/29/covi...us-checks.html

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell blocked an attempt by Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer to unanimously approve a House-passed bill to increase direct payments in the coronavirus relief package to $2,000 from $600...
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-30-20 at 12:47 AM.

$600 is a joke to a lot of people. These scumbags spend that on dinner. Don’t mention the millions being sent to foreign countries. For WHAT? This is meant to help us! It’s being spun to make one side look bad when they are really trying to cut the BS that’s in it! The stupidity and arrogance is UNREAL.

You know that had to hurt Pelosi pretty bad when she said they were agreeing with her President Trump on the $2000.

The $600 is pointless to an extent,$2000 carries the country on life support until they kick in another 3 - 5 trillion in January plus more because of the lock downs the supply chain is pretty much shut down.

Most manufacturing is saying do not look for restocking to start back up until March,so the economy is pretty much done with,outside of free money flowing into the system to prop it up,that worked this past summer but the supply chain could handle it,now it barely exists,when it does.

Supply chains shut down,no employees,the ones dependent on the supply chains cannot get parts or materials,they shut down and let go of employees large scale.

So it really does not matter,$600 or $2000,money is not going to stop the pain that is coming up,it will give a few moments of pleasure and everything will seem okay on the surface.

Sense it is not free money and the more of it handed out is only a bandaid of a mountain of debt accumulation that somebody has to pay for,it would be more reasonable for people just to go back to work otherwise the need will not end.

The issue is all of the talk from the office of the president elect about how imperative it is to provide billions in corona funding to other countries,I am sure that is some comfort to the millions of Americans that are going to be at risk of eviction or foreclosure come March,personally I would not mind sleeping under a bridge as long as I knew in my heart that gender equality in Pakistan was helped along with millions of dollars in American corona virus funding.

Americans should always put their money and best interests last in the interests of the global world,we can dumpster dive with the best of the 3rd world countries.

On another unrelated forum a poster related how he wanted to buy new appliances,they told him 3 months ,so he drove from Michigan to Chicago over the weekend to somebody that had them in stock.

Michigan has two name brand appliance manufacturers,but people have to leave the state in order to fill the need.

This is how you set the stage for UBI,drive people into desperation,then throw them a bone.

See,this is where we all screwed up,we should have become politicians,then we would have been guaranteed a check in the mail every week no matter what happens,for the young ones that would be the same as a direct deposit,into a bank that you cannot even visit because they are also closed.
    Last edited by Richard; December-29-20 at 11:46 PM.

^^ I don't think that Nancy Pelosi feels awkward at all about being on the same side as Trump... she's been fighting for a higher Covid bill for 6 months now, while McConnell has been sitting on his hands. Now he's the one who is in the awkward position to justify not spending the $2000. With the Georgia senate run-off coming next week... this won't help the Republican incumbents that McConnell has been stonewalling instead of helping people get thru the pandemic. It just gives Ossoff and Warnock ammunition to get the voters to vote Blue... to shift the power in the Senate so that more stimulus money can go out.

As for Pakistan... I agree that it's not money I would have sent them... but it appears that Trump lackey Lindsey Graham is all for sending the funds there. Funny that...

https://www.theweek.in/news/world/20...-pakistan.html

Mitch is so against it he attached something that he knows may well kill it.

Not that many people will get the stimulus checks. Not even homeless folks. SORRY! And the Kentucky Bourbon drinking Senate Majority Leader want to save rich folks money in their fat juicy wallets. There will NO be $2,000 stimulus money that Trumpy Dumpty requested. A $600.00 Happy Meal stimulus money will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    ^^ I don't think that Nancy Pelosi feels awkward at all about being on the same side as Trump... she's been fighting for a higher Covid bill for 6 months now, while McConnell has been sitting on his hands. Now he's the one who is in the awkward position to justify not spending the $2000. With the Georgia senate run-off coming next week... this won't help the Republican incumbents that McConnell has been stonewalling instead of helping people get thru the pandemic. It just gives Ossoff and Warnock ammunition to get the voters to vote Blue... to shift the power in the Senate so that more stimulus money can go out.

As for Pakistan... I agree that it's not money I would have sent them... but it appears that Trump lackey Lindsey Graham is all for sending the funds there. Funny that...

https://www.theweek.in/news/world/20...-pakistan.html
    That is not correct,the $600 was put forward in July,it was Pelosi killing it because the plan was a small stimulus in July and a larger one right before the election,she felt that would give Trump an election advantage so they rejected it.

She is on video flat out admitting that.

It is irrelevant who decides to give billions of pork in a specific corona virus package,because we already know every spending bill ever passed is based on a balance of pork on both sides.

I just kinda feel,and am not alone,that this is the one time that a corona virus relief bill should apply to Americans first then once Americans are taken care of we can visit helping the rest of the world,even more so then giving billions to some countries that do their best to see that we do not even exist in the first place.

That should not even be a partisan issue.

Would you empty your cupboards in order to feed the starving,which would make you an additional starving person added to the list of an ever shrinking pot?

Bidens first 100 day pledge,should he win,totals 11 trillion dollars and that does not even include the regular budget,now add another 3 trillion in corona virus stimulus where as it looks now,we will be lucky to see 1 trillion out that,who pays for this?
    Last edited by Richard; December-30-20 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Not that many people will get the stimulus checks. Not even homeless folks. SORRY! And the Kentucky Bourbon drinking Senate Majority Leader want to save rich folks money in their fat juicy wallets. There will NO be $2,000 stimulus money that Trumpy Dumpty requested. A $600.00 Happy Meal stimulus money will do.
    Rich people won't be paying for the stimulus money. Our children will. Or at least they will be stuck paying the interest. As China soars ahead, our children will be tethered to this ball and chain of new debt.

There are three ways of paying for debt. Tax more, cut government spending, or print money making all worth less. Both parties are afraid to tax more or cut spending. That leaves option number three. Welcome to $10/loaf bread. Welcome to national decline. Every $1T added to the national debt adds over $12,000 of federal debt and its interest to the average American family of four. The historical average of Treasury yield rates, what the government must pay to service its debt is 4.39%. Should the Treasury yield rate return to its average, that average family of four will be paying $53 of interest on each $1T of federal debt every year. The U.S. already has $27.5T of national debt.

Richard, not sure what search engine from hell you are using, or if you've already forgotten Pelosi wanted a $2.2 billion total stimulus package the past 6 months with $1,200 stimulus checks, but McConnell wouldn't budge over a $0.5 billion stimulus, with no individual stimulus checks whatsoever.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/28/pelo...-aid-bill.html

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...wednesday-vote

Google can be your friend... when used correctly...

First $2000.... er I mean thanks to Grinch McConnell... $600 started going into bank accounts as of this morning... got mine.

Praying for Ossoff/Warnock win on Tuesday in Georgia to get the other $1400 once our president-elect is sworn in....

So, what do Buddy's pizzas run now?

Can you get one with your six?

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    So, what do Buddy's pizzas run now?

Can you get one with your six?
    Large 3 topping Buddy's pizza is $15.99. So....

$600 / $16 = 37.5 pizzas

Google is your friend....
    Last edited by Gistok; January-01-21 at 03:10 PM.

Democrats once again screwed us and let the defense budget go forward without the 2,000 checks, I am beyond disgusted.

Establishment Democrats are NOT our friends, don't forget this.

Quote Originally Posted by Satiricalivory View Post
    Democrats once again screwed us and let the defense budget go forward without the 2,000 checks, I am beyond disgusted.

This is what Grumpy Trump wants. To always back a winner. Soon the Republicans will lose more seats in Congress when midterm elections.

Um WTH are you talking about? The Dems don't control the Senate... yet.

Bernie Sanders tried the Filibuster to stop any Senate maneuvers until the $2000 tax payment came up, but it ended in "Cloture" [[you might want to Google that).

You have Grinch McConnell to blame... alone... unless you took a different Civics class than everyone else.
    Last edited by Gistok; January-01-21 at 04:21 PM.

Large 3 topping Buddy's pizza is $15.99. So....

$600 / $16 = 37.5 pizzas

Google is your friend....
    See this is why McConnell doesn't want 2,000 going out. Everyone suddenly acts rich. Just stick with 600 bucks and 120 Little Caesars pizzas.

Well, you used to be able to rent a small apartment for that in some parts of town, but now?

Um WTH are you talking about? The Dems don't control the Senate... yet.
    No, it's not just McConnell.

Senate Democrats’ Motion To Concede On $2,000 Checks
    https://www.dailyposter.com/p/senate...ion-to-concede

No, it's not just McConnell.

Senate Democrats’ Motion To Concede On $2,000 Checks
    https://www.dailyposter.com/p/senate...ion-to-concede
    You just referenced a 2020 founded opinion blog run by someone who used to be a speechwriter for Bernie Sanders.

Got any actual news sources?
    Last edited by Gistok; January-02-21 at 12:37 AM.

Got my check today. $600 with Trump's name on it, whooopee. As my grandmother always said, don't spend it all in one place.

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    Got my check today. $600 with Trump's name on it, whooopee. As my grandmother always said, don't spend it all in one place.
    It's times like these when it's good to get government checks via. direct deposit.
    Last edited by 313WX; January-08-21 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    It's times like this where it's good to get government checks via. direct deposit.
    Well we have you "metro Atlantan's" to thank [[in the nicest way possible) for paving the way for another stimulus check... we'll all need it for therapy after these past 3 months...

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    It's times like this where it's good to get government checks via. direct deposit.
    Yeah, since I got the actual paper check I had to put in extra effort to physically cross out "President" [[Donald J. Trump) and write in the now much more truthful "Traitor" on the check.

Well we have you "metro Atlantan's" to thank [[in the nicest way possible) for paving the way for another stimulus check... we'll all need it for therapy after these past 3 months...
    If I recall correctly, the VP-elect actually proposed a bill to provide $2K monthly checks for the duration of the pandemic.

Let's see if they actually keep that same energy they had back in May with getting it passed now, since the Democrats now control both chambers of Congress and The White House.

BTW, I'm sure you'll be disappointed to know I'm not a "Metro Atlantan" any more.
    Last edited by 313WX; January-08-21 at 05:24 PM.

Altering a check could make it worthless.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast