Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Jimmy R. Hoffa

Default Jimmy R. Hoffa

What do you know about the disappearance of Jimmy Hoffa on July 30, 1975?

Recently revealed eyewitness news linked here:
    https://www.facebook.com/JHIMTG

Also looking for anyone who knows more about it than the news and FBI was willing to reveal...

He, he, he! Jimmy will never go away. When I was working the desk at the 2nd Precinct [[Vernor), I got a phone call from Jimmy about 3 in the morning. He asked if I could send a car to the Teamsters HQ on Trumbull, just north of W. Vernor, to wake up the security guard there to give him a call back. Said 'glad to', and did so. I imagne the poor security guard was on the unemployment line the next day. I swear to God this is a true story.

The Mafia plotted to kill Jimmy Hoffa. The Mafia is very good in organized crime and cover it up seal tight. And it all started at this restaurant in Bloomfield TWP in 1975.

https://www.google.com/maps/@42.5424...7i16384!8i8192

The Red Fox!

On the lunch shift, July 30, 1975 I was bartending at Ted's Old Town Inn at Square Lake and Woodward. I remember late in the lunch hour, perhaps 1:30 p.m. the place was swarmed with uniformed and plainclothes police looking for Jimmy Hoffa. They searched every inch of the property and questioned everyone. No one saw him that day at Ted's, as a matter of fact, I never saw him there or any of the other watering holes in the neighborhood. What struck me as strange was that he was declared "missing" so quickly, and a considerable number of law enforcement officers were available to search for him in such a short period of time.

I watched "The Irishman" on Netflix and now I and everyone knows Robert DeNiro whacked him and cremated his body. End of story? Never.

Incredible new images shared by Perseverance rover after Mars landing.
    By Ashley Strickland, CNN
    Updated 4:00 PM ET, Fri February 19, 2021

After safely landing on the surface of Mars Thursday, NASA's Perseverance rover has sent back a never-before-seen view: what it looks like to land on Mars. The rover also returned some beautiful postcards of its landing site. The first image shared during a NASA press conference Friday was:

Name:  hoffa22.jpg
Views: 2264
Size:  65.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    The Mafia plotted to kill Jimmy Hoffa. The Mafia is very good in organized crime and cover it up seal tight. And it all started at this restaurant in Bloomfield TWP in 1975.

https://www.google.com/maps/@42.5424...7i16384!8i8192

The Red Fox!
    I'm confused, so instead of burying him with the fishes he's in the Detroit Zoo buried with the seals?

Jimmy Hoffa is Detroit's Loch Ness monster.
    Last edited by Pat001; February-24-21 at 11:55 AM.

It's true. The Mafia really did kill Jimmy Hoffa! It's all planned. Go ask Il Costa Nostra!

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    I'm confused, so instead of burying him with the fishes he's in the Detroit Zoo buried with the seals?
    Either in the lakes in Michigan or some farm land in Michigan. That is the best place to look.

One of Detroit's unsolved mysteries, another being the murder of Henry Normile which it seems the city conveniently failed to solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Either in the lakes in Michigan or some farm land in Michigan. That is the best place to look.
    I always heard he was in the concrete of the Giants Stadium in Rutherford, NJ. They were pouring concrete there at the time. Supposedly in one of the endzone areas of the grandstand.

Quote Originally Posted by dwtubman View Post
    What do you know about the disappearance of Jimmy Hoffa on July 30, 1975?

Recently revealed eyewitness news linked here:
    https://www.facebook.com/JHIMTG
    Read this book. It's the saga of the Bufalino crime family and their connections to the Teamsters [[and Detroit). It offers a plausible explanation.
    https://www.amazon.com/Quiet-Don-Kin...4013093&sr=8-1

Of course the Bufalino Crime Family and teamsters plotted to killed Hoffa The Bufalinos has ties to Detroit's Il Costa Nostra network. That proves the Mafia was behind it.

Given there are so many locations of where he may be,parts of him may be very well scattered in all of those locations.

It was not uncommon.

Quote Originally Posted by CassTechGrad View Post
    Incredible new images shared by Perseverance rover after Mars landing.
    By Ashley Strickland, CNN
    Updated 4:00 PM ET, Fri February 19, 2021

After safely landing on the surface of Mars Thursday, NASA's Perseverance rover has sent back a never-before-seen view: what it looks like to land on Mars. The rover also returned some beautiful postcards of its landing site. The first image shared during a NASA press conference Friday was:

Name:  hoffa22.jpg
Views: 2264
Size:  65.0 KB
    Minor detail, but IRRC, Hoffa was President of the Teamsters, not the U.A.W. Big difference between him and Walter Reuther.

^ Oh yeah, Walter - the man 696 was named after.

I wonder how many have forgotten that....

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    He, he, he! Jimmy will never go away. When I was working the desk at the 2nd Precinct [[Vernor), I got a phone call from Jimmy about 3 in the morning. He asked if I could send a car to the Teamsters HQ on Trumbull, just north of W. Vernor, to wake up the security guard there to give him a call back. Said 'glad to', and did so. I imagne the poor security guard was on the unemployment line the next day. I swear to God this is a true story.
    Was this during the early 60's? I believe in those days Carl's Chop House kind of served as an annex for the Teamsters. Then again, I believe you mentioned previously that Carl's was a DPD brass hangout as well.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishSpartan View Post
    Was this during the early 60's? I believe in those days Carl's Chop House kind of served as an annex for the Teamsters. Then again, I believe you mentioned previously that Carl's was a DPD brass hangout as well.
    Yeah, that was probably about 1963 or 1964. And Carl's was one of the favorite hangouts of DPD brass. I have to say, though, that I don't recall seeing any teamsters connection with the place.

Went to a DPD retirement party around 2007 @ Carl's. . . ...dirty, smelled, food not good. Good days were long gone, very long [[this was my 1st & last time). I believe it closed shorty after.

^ Goodness right! Carls was a dive at the end. Scuffed-up, over-worn plates and cutlery; bad food. They stayed toooo long at the party - trying to make it, while sliding down hard in quality. Really sad.

Name:  jimmy.jpg
Views: 1712
Size:  80.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    ^ Goodness right! Carls was a dive at the end. Scuffed-up, over-worn plates and cutlery; bad food. They stayed toooo long at the party - trying to make it, while sliding down hard in quality. Really sad.
    One time when I was in Carl’s, I was waiting for my family to come in from the parking lot. A customer thought I worked there and demanded I put a bouquet of roses on his table RIGHT NOW! I suppose I should have been offended but I just thought it was funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Yeah, that was probably about 1963 or 1964. And Carl's was one of the favorite hangouts of DPD brass. I have to say, though, that I don't recall seeing any teamsters connection with the place.
    Actually, Jimmy's welcome home party after his release from prison a couple of days before Christmas in 1971 was held at Carl's. Later they had a bigger gathering at the Raleigh House on Telegraph. Maybe it was more of a Jimmy and Frank Fitzsimmons place rather than the rest of the Teamsters leadership. Although it was real close to 299 digs over on Trumbull.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast