Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Merry Christmas

Default Merry Christmas

Just wanted to wish all the people of DYes the Merriest Christmas possible in the Time of the Covid. It's been a tough year but there are still many things to be grateful for, not least of which is finding out how many good hearts and kind people are out in the world helping each other pull through the dark times. May this time next year see us enjoying a more normal year, but with the benefit of knowing that many of us are here for each other.

Thanks Jcole... you too...

I'm staying away from a family gathering... 9 family members are gathering... I decided it's not a good idea... better to be around for more Christmas's in the future... Stay safe all my friends here...

Home Alone.... not really all that bad. Merry Christmas jcole, Gistok and everyone.

Thank you jcole. Merry Christmas to you and yours. We are also staying home today. A few phone calls to my siblings and dearest of friends and enjoying the day with the hubby and kids. I might even put my "fancy" sweatpants on today....lol. Better days are ahead. And we have a dusting of snow to wake up to
    Last edited by Maof; December-25-20 at 01:05 PM.

Beatus Natalis Dies!

Happy Holidays, merry Christmas, and a vengeful festivus to all!

My wish for all: a picnic next year.

And no complaining about the date, time or location.

Merry Christmas everybody!
    Looking forward to brighter days when I can again head north across the border to the Motor City.

Merry Christmas!

Last edited by Zacha341; December-25-20 at 10:27 AM.

Joyeux Noel! Merry Christmas to the DYes family!! And best wishes for a happy and healthy 2021!!

--Kathleen & The Grillmaster

Merry Christmas and much, much happier new year 2021. Blessings on you all.

Beginning at a verse combining Christian and Solstice themes [[53sec), this tune from the 14th. or 15th. century France with "origins over 1,200 years ago in monastic life in the 8th or 9th century." [[wikipedia) Best listened to in the dark on Christmas Eve, it is especially appropriate ushering in the new year after 2020. You might want to read the Youtube comments first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tId6ePj7Zpo

Oh come, oh come, oh rising sun.
    Cheer us by your coming.
    Drive away the clouds of night
    and the dreadful shadows of night.
    Last edited by oladub; December-25-20 at 10:50 AM.

Yeah, Merry Christmas to all. I woke up to find water on the garage floor. Yup, hot water heater took a leak. There goes my stimulus money. [[Actually, it was 15 years old, so it was due.)

Merry Christmas to all!! I'm not working today, but to those of my workers here and around the world that are diligently working on patient's as we speak much love and respect, and hang in there for real!!

Also, to Kathleen ask the Master what's on the Grill for today?

Merry Christmas to all in our DYes family!! Here’s to a MUCH happier, healthier, and hopeful 2021!

Quote Originally Posted by bragaboutme View Post
    Also, to Kathleen ask the Master what's on the Grill for today?
    That would be a ham...in the oven. Saving the sirloin steaks for New Year's Day!!

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Happy Holidays, merry Christmas, and a vengeful festivus to all!

My wish for all: a picnic next year.

And no complaining about the date, time or location.
    I too would like that Gnome... haven't seen you since your homemade apple pie... and I miss blueidone's sand pail pudding. This time have the METFORMIN blood sugar tablets at the ready!!

Maybe we can armtwist Kathleen and the Grillmaster...

Stay safe my friend!!

Name:  6E23D1CD-F7B7-48CF-B863-496E7C820ED0.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  121.3 KB

Here’s a pretty tasty pie. This pie had different decorations than the one I brought to that picnic.