Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Former Governor Jennifer Granholm as new Energy Secretary.

https://www.npr.org/sections/biden-t...nergy-secretar

I know not everyone is fond of Jennifer Granholm, who was governor of Michigan thru the Kwame Kilpatrick scandal and the Great Recession of 2008-2011... but she was Biden's pick as Energy Secretary.

Glad that he didn't pick Whitmer... she's pissing off enough of the MAGA crowd here at home, to make it worth our while to keep her....

Granholm is absolute f*cking garbage.

Horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE pick.

And it's not just the MAGA crowd she pisses off. Not surprised most of Biden's picks have been awful.
    Last edited by Satiricalivory; December-15-20 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Satiricalivory View Post
    Granholm is absolute f*cking garbage.

Horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE pick.

And it's not just the MAGA crowd she pisses off. Not surprised most of Biden's picks have been awful.
    He's picked 8 men and 9 women...

Do you know who half of those people are, or their record? I like Mayor Pete on his team. I stay news savvy, and I can't even say I know who many of them are... but I am willing to give them a chance, without being too judgmental.
    Last edited by Gistok; December-15-20 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Do you know who half of those people are, or their record? I like Mayor Pete on his team. I stay news savvy, and I can't even say I know who many of those people are... but I am willing to give them a chance, without being too judgmental.
    Everybody Biden is picking is an establishment insider Democrat. People who couldn't care less about you and me. He is definitely living up to his words "nothing will fundamentally change".

Did you pay attention to the awful things Pete did during the primaries? He is not a good guy to say the least. He's a corporate puppet who's against universal healthcare and sabotaged Bernie, in fact that's the whole reason hes getting rewarded, for being a slimy political rat. They promised him a cabinet position if he dropped out.

Everybody Biden is picking is an establishment insider Democrat. People who couldn't care less about you and me. He is definitely living up to his words "nothing will fundamentally change".

Did you pay attention to the awful things Pete did during the primaries? He is not a good guy to say the least. He's a corporate puppet who's against universal healthcare and sabotaged Bernie, in fact that's the whole reason hes getting rewarded, for being a slimy political rat. They promised him a cabinet position if he dropped out.
    You come across as a Bernie fan... Ooookay... no fan of him here...

Mayor Pete horrible? Gimme a break!

Like all of Trump's picks were concerned about the will and welfare of the american people. This reeks of hyperbole....

You come across as a Bernie fan... Ooookay... no fan of him here...

Mayor Pete horrible? Gimme a break!
    Really sound reasoning you got there.

Pete is a paid corporate establishment shill who doesn't care if you drown in medical debt or don't have healthcare in a pandemic, sorry to bust whatever idea you had of him. Fact remains is he's not good unless you've got a few million in assets.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Like all of Trump's picks were concerned about the will and welfare of the american people. This reeks of hyperbole....
    Whoa whoa whoa, stop right there. I never once defended the Trump administration or it's cabinet and never will. So don't even go there with this whataboutism.
    Last edited by Satiricalivory; December-15-20 at 11:16 PM.

May I ask what does a President-elect's cabinet pick of someone that doesn't even live in Michigan have to do with Detroit?

^ well there was some Detroit and Michigan party members that said they had coffee with Jill Biden 8 years ago and they were excited that they had somebody who was going to look out for the state.

Like any of them cared in the past 47 years,maybe kick in another form of NAFTA and finish destroying it.

does that count ?

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    May I ask what does a President-elect's cabinet pick of someone that doesn't even live in Michigan have to do with Detroit?
    About as much as you living in Georgia does... she's a former Michiganian... just like you are. She presided over Kwame Kilpatrick's demise.

She also helped GM and Chrysler get federal loans when they most needed it during the Great Recession.
    Last edited by Gistok; December-16-20 at 01:53 AM.

Biten' showing Granholm how it's done.

Name:  Granholm_Biden Coney Island.jpg
Views: 757
Size:  21.4 KB

Can't remember why, but I wasn't too wild about Granhy. Not too impressed with Joe's picks so far. Too many 'been there before'. We need new blood, aggressive blood anxious to undo the terror of the past four years.

...she's a former Michiganian...
    Exactly. She's a *former* resident that hasn't lived in Michigan in a whole decade.

Thus, I don't see how this event is specific to Detroit...

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Can't remember why, but I wasn't too wild about Granhy. Not too impressed with Joe's picks so far. Too many 'been there before'. We need new blood, aggressive blood anxious to undo the terror of the past four years.
    I was no big fan of her either... I'm just the wounded messenger...

Exactly. She's a *former* resident that hasn't lived in Michigan in a whole decade.

Thus, I don't see how this event is specific to Detroit...
    Ummm... when Soupy Sales died in New York... or when people talk about Jack White, or when Bill Kennedy or Rita Bell passed away in Florida... they get talked about HERE. Capisce?

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Well, if the bolded is what folks wanted, they shouldn't have voted for the status quo candidate.

YAY Granholm.

Well, if the bolded is what folks wanted, they shouldn't have voted for the status quo candidate.
    As opposed to whom? What we've had for the last four years? Having a president act like a president, say presidential things and do presidential things even as a president-elect has been a nice change from the last four years of whatever that horribleness was. Biden is only around for four years, and is basically tasked with getting us back to water level, which won't be easy. There has never been a better time for "status quo."

Quote Originally Posted by bartocktoo View Post
    As opposed to whom?...
    If I recall correctly, there were 24 candidates competing to become the Democratic Party's nominee for president. Of those 24, only 3 or 4 ever had a realistic shot at winning.

If, between those 3 or 4 candidates, you chose the candidate who went on record to say "Nothing will fundamentally change," don't cry about their cabinet picks or lack of "new blood" now...
    Last edited by 313WX; December-16-20 at 10:22 AM.

I just hope she does not bring back that drivers responsibility fee! ........

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    YAY Granholm.

Ummm... when Soupy Sales died in New York... or when people talk about Jack White, or when Bill Kennedy or Rita Bell passed away in Florida... they get talked about HERE. Capisce?

Good call, Granholm is a lot like Bill Kennedy, Rita Bell, and Soupy Sales.

It's gonna take Joe a while to have his administration represent the diverse "new America"!

Name:  list.jpg
Views: 653
Size:  144.8 KB

OH MY! Some forms, etc. are starting to opt for the simpler three-way split:

Male/ Female/ Other

Biden will do precisely as instructed so as to remain relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by CassTechGrad View Post
    It's gonna take Joe a while to have his administration represent the diverse "new America"!
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-16-20 at 11:55 AM.

She's rather qualified, people:
    Granholm is a distinguished adjunct professor of law and public policy at the UC Berkeley Goldman School of Public Policy and UC Berkeley School of Law. She is also a senior research fellow at the Berkeley Energy and Climate Institute [[BECI) Faculty and a project scientist at the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory. As a senior advisor to The Pew Charitable Trusts' Clean Energy Program and founder of The American Jobs Project at UC Berkeley, Granholm spearheads a campaign for a national clean energy policy that promotes and funds American energy independence and home-grown manufacturing and innovation for wind, solar, and advanced battery industries across the United States
    She was also on the Board of Directors of Dow Chemical briefly

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast