Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Fire Badly Damages Dan and Vi’s on Chene

Had a fire. The building is badly damaged as is the equipment for the business. I stopped by, the owner said he not sure what type of coverage they have. I guess there will be no more deli slices available for a while [[or maybe ever).

This is terrible news. We regularly have deli slices for lunch. I really hope they find a way to make a go of it with a renovation.

As for their community work, I hope they set up a fund so the public can help their mission to feed the neighborhood.

They posted a GoFundMe on their Facebook page:
    https://www.gofundme.com/f/rebuild-d...gaFG6vAL2AiAJQ

Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
    They posted a GoFundMe on their Facebook page:
    https://www.gofundme.com/f/rebuild-d...gaFG6vAL2AiAJQ
    Not really getting that. I would assume the business and building owners have some insurance coverage. When I stopped by there they didn’t say that they did not. That place had good food, reasonable prices and it seemed like everyone there was working hard. I’m just not sure why a go fund me page would be in order unless I’m wrong and there was [[is) no coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    ...not sure why a go fund me page would be in order unless I’m wrong and there was [[is) no coverage.
    They didn't really address the insurance situation, but that will likely take some time with a DFD investigation and then the insurance investigators.

To address the short-term needs...Dawn says "This go fund me has been started to support our employees while we rebuild and to continue our fundraiser to give Christmas to families in the community this holiday season."