Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default RenCen Base Jumper

I found this on the FadedDetroit blog:

Youtube video posted Aug 20, 2009:
    GM Building BASE Jump Dan Pushies Film

edited by admin to show that youtube vids can be called directly into your posts...
    click Here for instructions

Movie is old. No riverfront improvements. Makes me wonder when they did this. How can you get a parachute into the Marriot without anyone saying anything?

Looked awesome! Illegal, but awesome.

edited by admin to show that youtube vids can be called directly into your posts...
    I hate when that happens. I do everything possible to block and disable YouBoob from appearing on my PC.

I would not have thought someone could do that so quickly. Clearly, these guys had practice.

I don't think it's from the Marriot. I think its from the office tower on that side. When they come up the hatch you can see the marriot for a split second.

Unimproved riverfront, cira pre 2003?

Driving with no seat belts? That's dangerous.

It really does not take as long as you think for someone that does this ofter. Obviously the chute is prepared before arrival. My family works on antennae's [[including myself from time to time) that are freestanding and on top of skyscrapers and you would be surprised how easy it is in some place to get to the roofs even post 9/11. Dan Pushies is very experianced in jumping since his California days and now skydives almost every weekend in Tecumseh. Just a side not. His wife who is a secretary at UofM has over 600 jumps as well. The hardest part is getting away. This is also planned out quite well and timed also. They have the getaway vehicle strategically located. I have skydived but have no B.A.S.E. jumped. Maybe some day when I do not have responsibilities. In case you did not know B.A.S.E. stands for building, antenna, structure, earth. A guy a few months ago jumped off the new building in Dubai that is the tallest BASE jump so far. Look it up on Youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHabitater View Post
    I don't think it's from the Unimproved riverfront, cira pre 2003?
    It's definitely no more than 10 years old [[post 2000).

It looks like they were already moving dirt around with the bulldozers at 0:31 and 1:22
    Last edited by 313WX; September-08-09 at 06:09 PM.

FWIW, the video was uploaded about two weeks ago: August 20, 2009.

That must be a relatively easy jump since there are no other tall buildings nearby.

Fun video. Thanks, bigtreble.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    FWIW, the video was uploaded about two weeks ago: August 20, 2009.
    Perhaps they were waiting for the statute of limitations...

you'll notice at the end the jump is pre-GM sign on the rencen.