I am posting this in the main thread even though the exhibit I am talking about is located in Newark, NJ.

Linda Thompson, the Executive Director of the NJ Historical Society Museum has staged an exhibit about the Newark Riots of 1967, titled, What's Going On. For any of you who get back east on occasion, RUN, don't walk, to see this presentation. It is a multi media, milti platform,
exhibit about what caused the 1967 riots, and the issues are almost identical to what caused
the riots during the same time period in Detroit.

Those looking for gore, look elsewere, this program takes you from the years of Black migration to the north, up to present day, with the strongest emphasis on the period just before the riots, and during, using taped interviews with the peope directly affected by it.

To say that I cried during parts of it are not overstated, it is that moving.

Further Ms. Thompson had to fight her board over staging this, as some feel what happened in 1967 should be sewpt under the rug. In fact 2 of her board members resigned ovr it.

Due to a funidng cut the museum is only open by appointment, but all you have to do is call, and she will set a time with you.

www.jerseyhistory.org is their website.

Ken