Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dally

Default Dally

Before the geese are seen flying south, the first indication that autumn is coming:

Dally Home

What a great poster Arminski did. Best we've had in years.

Blarf Guest

I wonder if they are going to let you bring your own booze this time, or make you pay for their overpriced crap?

Sorry to spoil your day Blarf but your going to have to buy the beer or wine at the Dally. I would hardly call it crap though, Motor City Brew has some pretty damn good Detroit made beer. The Dally is not sponsored by Bud or Miller, only supplied by a local brewery [[That I just happened to be sitting in at the moment enjoying a Ghettoblaster).

The beer has been $4 a pint for years at the Dally and this year it had to go up in price one dollar. Beer sales are what keeps the Dally alive year after year.

So no, you cannot bring your own booze, there is a Tigers game that day, I think they charge $7 or $8 for a Miller, Bush, or whoever sponsors them.

Hope to see you all there.

And yes, before any of you jump on me for the martini couch and having a few of my own specially made dirty blue cheese stuffed olive martinis for me and my friends, Ive been grandfathered claused in so to speak.

You're related to Santa?!

Oh, man. I need new sunglasses and I'm all out of Shea butter.

Detroitnerd, you win funniest post of the day. And it's only 10AM

No need for shea butter or sunglasses here, either!
    Just an enjoyable day, and running into folks we haven't seen lately. It's kind of like a neighborhood reunion for us. Looking forward to experiencing some music from bands we have not seen before.
    We'll also be checking into the Bronx Bar for a visit.

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    My favorite poster is Jerome Ferretti's 2001: A Space Odyssey theme with the cat in space.

I'm going to try and hit Dally this year; I haven't been there in many years. Every year I seem to think about it the weekend after it happens.

Also, Mark is da MAN! Great guy and a fan tab artist.

Blarf Guest

Sorry to spoil your day Blarf but your going to have to buy the beer or wine at the Dally. I would hardly call it crap though, Motor City Brew has some pretty damn good Detroit made beer. The Dally is not sponsored by Bud or Miller, only supplied by a local brewery [[That I just happened to be sitting in at the moment enjoying a Ghettoblaster).
    Neh, I will just sneak my own in like always. It's not that hard. All you have to do it buy one cup, and then just keep refilling it with your own in a more secluded place. Or a pint of liquor.

I like Ghettoblaster as much as the next guy, but I don't feel like spending 30$ to get a good buzz on.

Ssssshhhhhh!
    We don't want to tip off security, or MLCC, do we?

I admit that I might visit the University Party Store, or whatever it's called now, for maybe a shot bottle. Worked there forty years ago!
    I promise not to sneak it in, though. A quick drink and proper disposal of the bottle is assured.
    Dally On!!

Come to think of it Im technically on private property inside a garage during the Dally with my couch but you can go ahead and call the MLCC to see what happens Vince.

I cant aford a $5 cup of beer either, luckily I get a few for free for working the Dally.

Always a great time.

Anyone have any pics of past Dallys?

LodgeDodger Guest

I agree, the poster is great.

LodgeDodger Guest

Come to think of it Im technically on private property inside a garage during the Dally with my couch but you can go ahead and call the MLCC to see what happens Vince.

I cant aford a $5 cup of beer either, luckily I get a few for free for working the Dally.

Always a great time.

Anyone have any pics of past Dallys?
    Lodgedodger and betterhalf will be there. Maybe we'll meet up this year, Django.

Quote Originally Posted by LodgeDodger View Post
    Lodgedodger and betterhalf will be there. Maybe we'll meet up this year, Django.
    Ditto for alsodave and his betterhalf.

the poster looks a little like an Atwater Brewery ripoff...
    http://www.atwaterbeer.com/images/ev...Beerishere.jpg

Dally dancers. Layabouts, 2003:

Absolutely love the Layabouts.

Quote Originally Posted by alsodave View Post
    Ditto for alsodave and his betterhalf.
    Lookin forward to it.

So bummed I'm going to miss this year. Planned my bi-monthly Detroit visits badly this time around [[I was just there like 3 weeks ago). My uncle was one of the Dally founders and still hangs out there--he and his wife help out at one of the Motor City beer tables usually. My sister [[who works at Avalon) had a table for the slow food group she worked with there last year too.

Hope everything goes well. Should have good weather too it looks like. Sometimes I wish I had a few more bucks just to keep a small apartment there and some travel money to pop into town when cool things are going on. Working on it...

Hope to see some of you at the Dally later today...

Django, where are you going to be located? Exact location? A garage? Last I heard there are a few of them in the area ... also, what time you going to be there?

Middle of the main alley parallel to Forest, next to the beer garage.

He is there for the duration. Working.

I have to miss it, spent too much time waiting for glass to have any wiggle room from finishing my move. Damnit.

Another Audra Kubat show missed...it is starting NOW.

Hearing you can't BYOB is surprising. I've always brought my own brew [[sometimes non-alcoholic, because I had to be on duty the night of). I've always got wasted at $5 bottomless cup keggers in the area of Dally. Infact, I plan on going to one after Dally tonight.

-Tahleel

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast