Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default If anybody here is a social worker please PM me

I have a [[babyboomer) friend who's confined to a Nursing Home. She wants to get out. She has no money because her SS money is going to the nursing home.
    She needs a room that she can transition to. All she has is a phone and the clothes on her back. She is of sound mind and body.
    If you are a social worker who can give me guidance please PM me. She has no family. She's an ex-teacher, ex-entertainer. Thanks.

A little more information would be helpful. When you say she wants out, does she not feel safe there? When you say she is of sound body and mind does that mean she does not have a direct power of attorney and makes all of her own decisions?

I have no specific connections to outpatient social workers, but one last resort option could be to have her go to the emergency department if she feels unsafe at the nursing home [[Or if it isn't meeting all her needs). Obviously this is not ideal but the system is not set up to help her people in her situation so we often see people brought in for similar reasons [[I work in an emergency department). The hospital has case managers and social workers that can expedite the process. While on paper this would seem like a poor utilization of resources, at some point there isn't any other great options and in the end you have to advocate for your loved ones.

I would have to give you her phone# in Detroit and have you call her and talk. I don't want to write too much here.