Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Local Artist Creates Replica of Edmund Fitzgerald

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...nd-fitzgerald/

Today marks the 45th anniversary of one of the most famous Great Lakes shipwrecks: the sinking of the S.S. Edmund Fitzgerald.

^ This is really awesome. Nice replica there. I wonder if the Author Anderson is back running?

It was laid up for repairs for a while there.

It was the tanker that tried to come to the Big Fitz's rescue and remained running up thru 2019 - one of the older ships still plying the great lakes.
    Last edited by Zacha341; November-11-20 at 08:16 AM.

After all this time I just this year realized Gordon Lightfoot wrote his song one month after the event and then released it a couple of months later. Apparently he wrote it after reading the Newsweek article which came out 2 weeks after the wreck.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    After all this time I just this year realized Gordon Lightfoot wrote his song one month after the event and then released it a couple of months later. Apparently he wrote it after reading the Newsweek article which came out 2 weeks after the wreck.
    Yes, and Detroit's Mariner's Church... is the "Detroit Maritime Cathedral that rang 29 times" in his song.