Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Life Remodeled buying Cooley High?

Quote Originally Posted by Seven&wyo View Post

Thoughts?
    Since you didn't post any of the story, the only thought I can offer is .... FB sucks.

This is amazing news, that school is stunning and there's no reason it should be left to rot under DPS ownership.

Not that I'm a big fan of DPS [[now DPSCD), but I think DPS sold Cooley years ago. A friend of a friend and her husband's group were trying to renovate it. I heard there was a fire that did considerable damage.

Quote Originally Posted by royce View Post
    Not that I'm a big fan of DPS [[now DPSCD), but I think DPS sold Cooley years ago. A friend of a friend and her husband's group were trying to renovate it. I heard there was a fire that did considerable damage.
    I'm pretty sure they never sold it, DPS has held it hostage.

The place is a wreck. Several urban explorers have posted videos of how it is today on YouTube; just type Cooley to bring up selections. Very sad.

Its really only the auditorium that got considerably damaged in a fire. The rest of the school is in decent shape.

What an amazing school it was. Fire damage was the Auditorium... while smoke damage hit the classroom floors... but not fire damage there...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZwpcGbGmco

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Since you didn't post any of the story, the only thought I can offer is .... FB sucks.
    Good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    The place is a wreck. Several urban explorers have posted videos of how it is today on YouTube; just type Cooley to bring up selections. Very sad.
    So true Ray. Cooley was probably the best looking, architechnically designed HS in Detroit. I wonder who designed it ? Albert Kahn ?
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; November-03-20 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    So true Ray. Cooley was probably the best looking, architechnically designed HS in Detroit. I wonder who designed it ? Albert Kahn ?
    Don't know offhand, Cincy, but it had the same blueprint layout as Mackenzie did about the same time. Major difference was Cooley had much better artistic construction than Mackenzie. Hey, I'm a Mack grad, and it's hard for me to concede that. But it's true.