Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Faygo in Vancouver

Was very surprised to see Faygo being sold at my local No Frills supermarket in Vancouver. Has the required English/French labeling for Canada. Never seen it here before. Name:  IMG_2921.jpg
Views: 711
Size:  122.1 KB

Did you buy some?

Cool, but the Faygo you want are the ones in the glass bottles.

The grocery store employee who ordered this should be scolded for not ordering the Rock-n-Rye [[unless it's already sold out!).

I wonder how it will sell out there. I know people in Indiana view Faygo as a like a low-budget soda.

Same thing way here down in the south,mostly sold in the hood stores at 50c a bottle.

I like the peach flavored one and found one Spanish store that sells it in the bottle,strange the difference in flavor in the glass verses the bottles/cans.

Faygo is everywhere. It's made in Detroit, MI.

It's mostly sold in small independent convenience & drug stores. It's been sold in Ontario for years. I often see it in cottage country. No Frills is part of the Loblaws chain [[the larger grocer in Canada). They are the budget division of stores and are independent franchises, which may explain why they are also carrying it. It's now carried in all western provinces.
    Here's a link [[click on the Faygo logo):
    http://www.cascadiabeverages.com/

I get my Faygo at our local supermarket chain in the Sacramento area. They also carry Vernors and Sanders ice cream toppings.

I was recently in Georgia and found myself hankering for some Vernors forgetting it's a Michigan thing. Hah! I got a Coke which reins high in that area!

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Faygo is everywhere. It's made in Detroit, MI.

I remember those! Long gone for many years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Satiricalivory View Post
    Cool, but the Faygo you want are the ones in the glass bottles.

Old Faygo commercial 1950s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv0OUmdOZu0