Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Largest Parking lots in SE Michigan?

We all hate parking lots in the CBD.

So naturally, I come here to ask for help.

Where are the largest parking lots in SE Michigan?

I need a GIANT lot.

Thanks for your help.

I'm guessing you mean surface lots and not parking structures?

Lakeside Mall is surrounded by a sea of parking, but the Pontiac Silverdome lot was probably the biggest when it was in use?

In Downtown it would have to be the area behind the Fox Theater off of Cass [[Fox Town) followed by the lot near the Ren Cen.

One of the stranger threads we've had lo these many years.

Any of the mall parking lots: Fairlane?

GM Tech Center, GM Lake Orion Assembly, Chrysler Jefferson North Assembly, car rentals at dtw

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    We all hate parking lots in the CBD.

So naturally, I come here to ask for help.

Where are the largest parking lots in SE Michigan?

I need a GIANT lot.

Thanks for your help.
    For what? A vacant lot you can rent or buy? There are a lot of lots. Whether or not the lot or lots are in use, in good condition, run down, used part time [[days but vacant at night), well, there are lots of questions about lots.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    For what? A vacant lot you can rent or buy? There are a lot of lots. Whether or not the lot or lots are in use, in good condition, run down, used part time [[days but vacant at night), well, there are lots of questions about lots.
    Exactly why I said it's a strange thread. Guy says he "needs a giant parking lot" and people start posting locations without a clue what that means.

^^^ Perhaps the OP will circle back around to clarify........

GM Hamtramck Assembly
    Palace of Auburn Hills
    Former Lynch Rd axle plant
    New Boston auto shipping yard
    Woodhaven auto shipping yard

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Exactly why I said it's a strange thread. Guy says he "needs a giant parking lot" and people start posting locations without a clue what that means.
    This request bares the trademark of the defunct HotFusge site: pure prankalious.

Maybe a HUUUUUGE parking lot is what he meant.
    Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    This request bares the trademark of the defunct HotFusge site: pure prankalious.

I would have to say the eastbound and westbound Edsel Ford any given day between Jeffries and VanDyke around dinner time.

I'd be curious to extend this question to the largest structural parking lots. For instance TCF Center [fka Cobo roof] lot accommodates 1200+. I just posted this one on a new thread.

Attachment 40949

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    I'd be curious to extend this question to the largest structural parking lots. For instance TCF Center [fka Cobo roof] lot accommodates 1200+. I just posted this one on a new thread.

Attachment 40949
    Greektown holds 3500.

Quik-Park on Merriman at Metro Airport has something like 6000 spaces. All surface parking on asphalt.