Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Hello from Marilyn in California

I just joined Detroit Yes. Let me introduce myself. I was born at Grace Hospital in Detroit and lived the first 10 years of my life in Berkley and Rochester with one whole summer right on Lake Orion. I found this forum because it’s October, after all, Halloween is just around the corner, and I was telling my husband about “begging” on Halloween and calling out “Help the poor!” I wanted to show him that I wasn’t making this up so my Google search pulled up this site.

So to all you Detroiters out there, Hello!

Hello Marilyn and welcome

Welcome to the forum Marilyn. Enjoy.

Other than a few other sporatic States I am pretty much a native Detroiter. I love reading updates and informational things that others have to say about Detroit. 😀 Happy chatting sll

Welcome, Marilyn.

Hope you found uncovered all the threads sharing the childhood Halloween memories of fellow Detroiters. They are fun to recall!!

And let's forget about "Devil's Night!" Growing-up in Birmingham in the 1980s, being in the Yosilanti/Ann Arbor area in most of the '90s & then living in downtown Detroit 1997-2002, I'd assumed "Devil's Night" was a nationwide perversion but when I moved to California in 2002, the only people that'd heard about it were firefighters & fire-buffs who had visiting Detroit with a radio scanner to tune-in Detroit FD as a 'bucket-list' item. I know it wasn't nearly as bad in the 1990s as it was in the 1970s & '80s, but...