Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Plot to kidnap Governor Whitmer

Last edited by Maof; October-08-20 at 12:14 PM.

CNN is showing the press conference. It's not just rural Mich. wackos. Search warrants were issued all over the state. Several in the Metro Detroit area.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    CNN is showing the press conference. It's not just rural Mich. wackos. Search warrants were issued all over the state. Several in the Metro Detroit area.
    I believe Ohio too.

Wow, did they make public their ransom demand?

Quote Originally Posted by GPCharles View Post
    Wow, did they make public their ransom demand?
    This wasn't about ransom. It was about overthrowing the gov't and creating their happy place.

The story made the BBC.

Gee, maybe it’s time not to let these morons in the state capital with their rifles now...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-54470427

13 men face charges in plot to kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, start 'civil war'

MLive|15 minutes ago

Federal and state law enforcers on Thursday announced charges in what has been described as an "elaborate" plan to commit kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, kill police and overturn the government.

https://www.mlive.com/public-interes...civil-war.html

Serving life sentences will afford those Wolverine Watchmen plenty of time to study the Constitution. And since COVID-19 restrictions don't exist in penitentiaries, they'll be exposed to a full Bill of Rights worth of bacterium and viruses.

P.S. For Darwin's sake, I just hope those clowns didn't have kids.

Witmer just made a statement. She even quoted Ronald Reagan. She didn't mention whether she had a security detail. Does she?

“The group talked about creating a society that followed the U.S. Bill of Rights and where they could be self-sufficient,” the FBI agent wrote.
    Guys like these can't do their own laundry. How are they going to run their own "republic"?

In a brief court hearing in Grand Rapids that took about five minutes, Garbin, 24, and Franks told a judge that they would need court-appointed attorneys based on their financial status.
    So typical. Money and time to drive around the midwest, peak under bridges, buy explosives and weapons, but somehow jobless and penniless.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottathew View Post
    It's annoying that so many are identifying them as "militia" members and not a terrorist organization.
    Militia is just another word for terrorist organization IMHO going back to colonial Virginia, for instance, when the Virginia militia terrorized slaves and Indians. I believe that George Washington served in that militia.

wow this is the first i'm hearing about this

Quote Originally Posted by Scottathew View Post
    It's annoying that so many are identifying them as "militia" members and not a terrorist organization.

This is Trump-encouraged terrorism. Sad day for Michigan.
    Apparently this thing was quite a bit wider than our usual woods-running wannabe militia loons. According to the FBI this plot was hatched at two meetings of people from "several states" in Dublin OH near Columbus, where they discussed assassinating or kidnapping public officials. So, essentially terrorism bordering on armed insurrection.

The plot they hatched involved kidnapping Gov. Whitmer at her cottage. But it was bigger than that, since they were reportedly also planning an armed take over of the capital, kidnapping of other state officials, attacking police officers in their homes, and attacking Michigan State Police facilities.

Thank goodness this terrorist insanity was stopped. But the wider conspiracy aspect of this situation is extremely concerning. Especially since this kind of thing has essentially been cheerlead by the totally irresponsible statements and unhinged tweetstorms of that man in the White House.
    Last edited by EastsideAl; October-08-20 at 07:28 PM.

These stupid chumps were going to kidnap her at the Mackinac Island Governor's Mansion. What were they going to do... make a get-away in a horse and buggy to the nearest boat?

The time it would have taken to get her to the mainland would have been more than enough time to get several law enforcement agencies helicopters and airplanes to be in hot pursuit.
    Last edited by admin; October-11-20 at 12:23 PM.

They're "anarchists"; they don't need our government. Let them find their own freaking attorneys. Stay away from my tax dollars.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Guys like these can't do their own laundry. How are they going to run their own "republic"?

So typical. Money and time to drive around the midwest, peak under bridges, buy explosives and weapons, but somehow jobless and penniless.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    What this necessary?
    Make no mistake, this episode is less about freedom or tyranny than it is about misogynism and emasculation.

They weren't. The plot was to take her to Wisconsin and have a kangaroo court and execute her. I hope that's as funny to you as your smarmy little comment there.
    The ransom was going to be for other statehouse members, but I doubt that was going to end well either since they intended to attempt to start a civil war.
    Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    How much did they expect to ransom Gretchen for?

Softailrider’s post [["Not a bad day for Big Gretch though, she gets the limelight for a while - You know how much she loves that. She’s like a moth, when the TV cameras come on she’ll be there if possible.”) is provocative, unhelpful, unkind, and curiously silent on the seriousness of the situation. Most alarming is the poster’s apparent ignorance that such posts promote misinformation and contribute to the fomenting of violence.
    Last edited by Crystal; October-09-20 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    They weren't. The plot was to take her to Wisconsin and have a kangaroo court and execute her. I hope that's as funny to you as your smarmy little comment there.
    The ransom was going to be for other statehouse members, but I doubt that was going to end well either since they intended to attempt to start a civil war.
    Given that:
    -one of the co-founders of the Wolverine Militia was in his own words an anti-Trump anarchist,
    -the plot to kidnap the Governor on Mackinac Island and take her to Wisconsin was something that the Mossad but probably not the Wolverine Militia was capable of,
    -this narrative came out one month before the election,
    -the FBI is withholding requested information from Republican investigators taking sides against Trump,
    -the FBI was conspicuously absent from running down antifa types setting up riots in Portland, Minneapolis, etc.,
    -and given that the story has become the latest overnight leftist talking point,

I am assuming that the story is political in design, fake news or at least a hyped narrative based on some partial facts. So yes, since I doubt that the story is much more than spun factoids about a bunch of incompetent wannabees, It is funny that so many on the left believe this is much more than politics. I have thought about it though and perhaps my comment about "How much do they expect to ransom Gretchen for" was smarmy. Upon reflection, I'll change that to "These guys are such losers that they would probably have to dig into their own pockets to get someone to take Gretchen back."

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    These stupid chumps were going to kidnap her at the Mackinac Island Governor's Mansion. What were they going to do... make a get-away in a horse and buggy to the nearest boat?
    Correction needed. She has her own private 'up north' residence somewhere in the Grand Traverse region and this was the target. It made me wonder why she was not using the Mackinac Island Governor's residence. I'm guessing she likes her place better and politically it probably looks better to not be on the tax-payer's dime. There is still the expense of securing her private residence, the cost of which just went up.

Now it's coming out that she knew of the plot for weeks and they had been moving her and her family around to keep them out of harms way.

It sounds like the operation was just about to be carried out.

That does not make sense,maybe conspiracy to commit is enough but that is why they always wait with the bombing guys to actually go through with the purchase before cuffing.

I think they have to have something a bit more solid then,a bunch of guys got together and hatched out a plan,they would have to show they actually had the means like,following them until they were sitting outside of the cabin ready to pounce.

But with conspiracy,you do not actually have to commit the crime,just discuss it,but the penalty is nothing compared with catching them while following through with it.
    Last edited by Richard; October-09-20 at 11:08 AM.

Yeah, I'm positive the FBI is in line with making up a "narrative" to benefit Gretchen Whitmer. Keeping living in your Libertarian fairy land
    Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Given that:
    -one of the co-founders of the Wolverine Militia was in his own words an anti-Trump anarchist,
    -the plot to kidnap the Governor on Mackinac Island and take her to Wisconsin was something that the Mossad but probably not the Wolverine Militia was capable of,
    -this narrative came out one month before the election,
    -the FBI is withholding requested information from Republican investigators taking sides against Trump,
    -the FBI was conspicuously absent from running down antifa types setting up riots in Portland, Minneapolis, etc.,
    -and given that the story has become the latest overnight leftist talking point,

I am assuming that the story is political in design, fake news or at least a hyped narrative based on some partial facts. So yes, since I doubt that the story is much more than spun factoids about a bunch of incompetent wannabees, It is funny that so many on the left believe this is much more than politics. I have thought about it though and perhaps my comment about "How much do they expect to ransom Gretchen for" was smarmy. Upon reflection, I'll change that to "These guys are such losers that they would probably have to dig into their own pockets to get someone to take Gretchen back."

They stupidly showed her cottage on Round Lake this morning on the news. It's not what I would call a mansion, but something either she or her husband owned before they married and is probably a comfortable place for their blended family to be together. Also, if she had been using the Mackinac Island place during Covid it would have been just another thing for the anti maskers to bitch about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Correction needed. She has her own private 'up north' residence somewhere in the Grand Traverse region and this was the target. It made me wonder why she was not using the Mackinac Island Governor's residence. I'm guessing she likes her place better and politically it probably looks better to not be on the tax-payer's dime. There is still the expense of securing her private residence, the cost of which just went up.

Feds Bust Plot to Kidnap Michigan Governor - Ep. 7.045

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast