Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Development on Joseph Campau Greenway

Does anyone know what the building next to the Joseph Campau Greenway between Jefferson and Larned is being renovated into? Lots like retail store but have not heard anything in the news about it. They have been working on it all summer. Picture to come

George Harrison Phelps Building 2771 East Jefferson

Looks like a perfect area for a coffee shop? Any idea what is going there?

Name:  IMG_9102 copy.jpg
Views: 5162
Size:  116.7 KB
    Last edited by DannyP; October-06-20 at 12:34 AM.

Wow!! Looks nice! [[Welcome to the forum DannyP!)

I couldn't wrap my mind around that site, so I had to Google earth it....

https://www.google.com/maps/@42.3395...7i16384!8i8192

I love this building... very interested in what is going on there??

The city did a lot of work there recently...

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    I love this building... very interested in what is going on there??
    If memory serves, that's the former Ross Roy headquarters.

Oh wow, the ivy building. This looks very nice!

Great looking building and it looks so much better with the first floor opened up. I hope someone finds out what’s planned there.

Quote Originally Posted by LongGone06 View Post
    If memory serves, that's the former Ross Roy headquarters.
    Thanks for jarring my memory... yup Ross Roy... when I was young I went for a job at their 5 story building connected to this brick one [[for a photo-typesetting job)...

Also been watching the progress and hoping someone on here might know what's next for this building! Lots of workers on site, both for these exterior changes, but also in the front of the building facing Jefferson.

Oh man, I just bought a condo across the street from this place [[Garden Court) - it would be awesome if they opened a coffee shop here :-)

I see ground had finally been broken and earth is being dug at the new Meijer site. It wilk be awesome if its anything like the Woodward Market in Woodward and 13

Wow. This looks great. I don't think it's a new building or anything but this looks substantially more inviting than 99.9% of new developments in the D. New builds, imo, would be much better long term [[and short term) if they looked more like this, authentic Detroit not same-old glass and steel that every development in the world is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by intelligentBeing View Post
    Wow. This looks great. I don't think it's a new building or anything but this looks substantially more inviting than 99.9% of new developments in the D. New builds, imo, would be much better long term [[and short term) if they looked more like this, authentic Detroit not same-old glass and steel that every development in the world is doing.
    Couldn't agree more, but for every city. I was recently in Chicago and it's a crime how some of its most iconic buildings are in the middle of taller, newly built wood and plastic buildings.

Stumbled across this today. Looks like red hook cafe is add a third location at this location. Knew it looked like a cafe!

https://www.metrotimes.com/table-and...third-location

This is great. Red Hook is awesome!

Bike lanes and a coffee shop replacing a parking lot and an abandoned building, ohhhhh nooooo! Gentrification! Gentrification!

Does anybody know the exact architecture of that building? I’d say it’s either Moorish or Missionary revival.

Quote Originally Posted by K-slice View Post
    Bike lanes and a coffee shop replacing a parking lot and an abandoned building, ohhhhh nooooo! Gentrification! Gentrification!
    Dont forget the new urban Meijer down the street.