Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Welcome to Funday-Sunday: The roar of engines and screeching tires!

Rumble and roar!! Not just limited to Sundays but INCREASINGLY groups of young and not so young gather drag racing, do figure-eight etc. with their muscle cars along Woodward south of West Grand Blvd., parts of Grand River, some on the east side, etc. Some 'drivers' tearing down residential streets. One taking out a few small trees near my block.

I'd rather avoid driving Woodward or their other faved spots after 10:00 PM Friday thru Sunday night. Forget it! Great day [[or should I say night!) for any ambulances needing Woodward as a thoroughfare! Hah!

Working on video screen-cast productions for my work requires a certain level of quiet for concentration if not for sake of the recordings. Well I guess when the snow and ice starts these activities and noise will die down. For sure the tires should be worn thin BY THEN!! Not that those cars did well in snow even with new tires. The Dodge units for sure don't!

Anyone else noticing the joy? Apparently the police have thrown up their hands here. I noticed it increasing about two months ago.

Daylight shows the skid marks. At $500+ each for these specialty tires and the economy as it heading... Well couple that Michigan's long winters, the balded tires, the ultimate repossessions will put an end to much of this I'm certain! Silenced until the spring?

These events are called Sunday-Funday [[though not limited to Sunday) also during the day but not as much drag racing - promoted thru social media.
    Last edited by Zacha341; September-27-20 at 11:11 PM.

Folks doing donuts in main Detroit roads.

What OS and software used for screen cast?
    Upload to cloud?

Very noticeable on the east side. I hear it between 3:00 and 5:00 a.m. almost every night.

We were in Indianapolis on Saturday, staying in a downtown hotel right on Meridian St. [[their Woodward Ave counterpart). The cars and loud music went late into the night and early morning. We saw a police presence around their Soldiers and Sailors Monument circle late afternoon/early evening, but not much when we walked through the circle later that evening. So not just in Detroit....

Remind me not to buy a used car from any of those people.

OSX High Sierra [[I know better than to upgrade until absolute must per the shannigans of the Apple Empire'). For vids, using Screenflow 9.0 app. It's a pretty decent app [[moderate cost) for cranking out files at varied formats and edit options including MP4 etc. We also use QuickTime.

Upload to the other 'Empire', Youtube. Slow uploading but it's a good platform that people know well, and I'm not doing anything political/ or even social politics yah-dah - so not likely to be censored or otherwise handled!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post
    What OS and software used for screen cast?
    Upload to cloud?
    Last edited by Zacha341; September-28-20 at 01:55 PM.

The crazy driving is everywhere - all along Fort St. and Michigan Ave.
    the tire marks are visible, the noise irritating. I just don't understand how this goes on without any police monitoring.

Well as I said the 'repo' man will soon be paying the snatch-the-car visit in some of these situations. I don't know how folks, not working or working lower pay jobs are paying $300+ car notes along with even higher monthly insurance rates. Even the lease cars have term limits, so to speak.

I'd not want those cars - put out for used. Funked-out of smoke. Nope.
    Last edited by Zacha341; September-29-20 at 05:13 PM.

Detroit has a lot of vacant land and empty vacant lots. Build a drag strip or a destination where these daredevil wannabes could spin, turn doughnuts and race as long as they sign a waiver. They could have races and doughnut competitions. For nostalgia purpose this area could be design with street lanes as well to give them that feeling of doing doughnut on a street illegally

^^^ I dunno-the thrill of doing wrong would still be somewhat diminished......
    Last edited by Zacha341; September-30-20 at 05:02 AM.

Wild loonies with ZERO respect given 5-700hp cars in a city lacking patrols.
    What do you think is Gonna happen? Cars get totaled/“stolen” daily and that’s an underground economy in itself.