Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default So Few Biden - Harris Vote Yard Signs ETC. In the D?

Anyone else notice this, compared to presidential elections in the past?

Last I checked Michigan is a swing state so I'd think the Biden - Harris team would be trying a tad harder to get the vote out in this manner and by other means... I hear there was a small campaign along Livenois but none of this communicated to the major community outlets [[radio, streamed or tv) for a big turnout....

Harris did make a bigger stop in flint:

Kamala Harris urges Black Michiganders to vote for Biden during events in Flint, Detroit...

https://www.mlive.com/public-interes...t-detroit.html
    Last edited by Zacha341; September-23-20 at 12:02 PM.

Yeah, I'm not seeing any Biden support. Perish the thought but the ticket reminds me of the Mondale-Ferraro debacle in 1984.

I am a life-long Republican. Or at least I was.

I will be voting for Joe Biden.

For some unknown reason the Biden campaign is charging $25 for each yard sign. That is why you are seeing fewer Joe signs.

I find this policy to be maddening and incomprehensible.

Default Off topic post dump

^^^ I heard about that Gnome! RIDICULOUS! Considering all the money accrued. Those affordable to print made signs should be free - IF the earnest goal is to help get the Harris Biden, opps - wait I meant to say, um-eh I mean Biden Harris duo elected.

It's not looking good despite how odious many perceive Trump to be.

Not to mention the indie voter and the growing not-this-time-voter who's thrown up their hands re. the poor choices presented including the one in place now!
    Last edited by Zacha341; September-23-20 at 12:13 PM.

While I'd like to see more, signs don't vote.

Just make sure you are talking to all your friends and family and making sure everybody is good to go.

I just spoke with a campaign worker friend referencing this thread. She said they are aware of this issue but things are obviously complicated by the inability to have many staffed offices due to the pandemic.

She did say that free signs were available for pickup at the Oakland County Dem HQ in Madison Heights in Fridays 9-10 and 4-5 and, for those wanting to save the drive, would also deliver them for $25.

Oakland County Democratic Party
    555 Horace Brown Dr, Suite 202
    Madison Heights, MI 48071
    Main Office: 248-972-6400
    Fax: 248-972-6466

info@ocdp.org

She said she would get back to me with answers for other locations including Wayne county.

I agree that the $25 donation fee, that while that included delivery, is a huge disincentive.

That's a point!! I just noticed the severe absense this time around - Not that I thought it'd be anything like when former president Obama ran.

As for my household we do NO form of signs whatsoever, window, bumper stickers or the like.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkytofu View Post

Just make sure you are talking to all your friends and family and making sure everybody is good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    I just spoke with a campaign worker friend referencing this thread. She said they are aware of this issue but things are obviously complicated by the inability to have many staffed offices due to the pandemic.

She did say that free signs were available for pickup at the Oakland County Dem HQ in Madison Heights and, for those wanting to save the drive, would also deliver them for $10.

info@ocdp.org

She said she would get back to me with answers for other locations including Wayne county.

I agree that the $25 donation fee, that while that included delivery, is a huge disincentive.
    Thanks Lowell, I just called and left a msg. As a WayneCounty resident I do not know if they will give me any signs, but I asked/begged for 100.

This was similar to what happened in 2016 though. Everybody thought Clinton had it in the bag but she had no signs, no tangible support. Meanwhile the Trump signs were everywhere and I'm seeing them again now.

Quote Originally Posted by Satiricalivory View Post
    I have a strong feeling Trump will win Michigan even though the odds are in Biden's favor.

Likely turns out it wasn't a good idea to put a senile grandpa and a cop who enforces prison slavery on the Democratic ticket.
    Well here in SCS, I hardly see a single sign... for whomever.

As for Biden carrying Michigan, I think that will be the case because back in 2016 Trump carried Michigan by 12,000 votes... but one reason is that 80,000 people left the presidential portion of their ballots empty.

Today, while not wildly popular as a Trump alternative... at least Biden doesn't have the "dislike" factor that Hillary Clinton did.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post

She did say that free signs were available for pickup at the Oakland County Dem HQ in Madison Heights and, for those wanting to save the drive, would also deliver them for $10.

info@ocdp.org

I received a call back and was told by a very bright young person named Alex that they are giving out 2 signs per car on Fridays only.

They will deliver signs in Oakland County for a donation.

The rationale or explanation for the paucity of Biden/Harris signs is that they have had only since the Democratic Convention to print them.

I expressed disappointment using my usual gentle manner.

Same here. This is the transcription of a voice message from the Oakland County Dems. I've had no response yet from the Michigan and Wayne County offices.

“Hi my name is Alex I'm returning your call to the Oakland County Democratic party um I appreciate your input we also do free spine distribution from our office on Fridays from 9 to 10 and 45 so the $25 just for delivery I know a lot of places are trying to get signs out as fairly as possible also with as little contact because of Covid and also there is a you know a huge demand for long times that we've never seen this until this year um and there's kind of a shortage of signs so I understand the frustration I'm happy to help you find who has some signs and how they're distributing them um I appreciate your input and I can pass it up along to and if you have any questions give us a call back at 248-972-6400 thanks bye-bye…”

I am confident Alex is learning how to take an earful of abuse with each call; however, I must add that I am impressed with how prompt they were in responding to my initial query.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/time.co...gn/%3famp=true

Time magazine is covering this same topic.

Again...I wish there were more signs. Applaud making this a known problem.

Would just advise that EVERYONE should be making sure folks in their life are registered and VOTING. Commit yourself to that.

Nobody thinks Biden has this in the bag. FWIW, drive around some of the burbs...was recently up in B'ham...and Biden signs are 10x more prevalent than Trump signs.
    Depends where you go. I was driving through parts of West Bloomfield, Farmington Hills and Novi, and all I saw was Trump and John James signs. And I know in Macomb County, they are in every yard. SMDH...
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; September-23-20 at 02:34 PM.

Print your own? In pieces if necessary then tape them together?

I went looking online and found stories about stolen Biden signs, claims of being sold out, etc. I went to JoeBiden.com looking for a PDF file but it wouldn't let me past the contribution splash page! LOL!

Oh, and I found this for Oakland County: Want a Biden/Harris Yard Sign?
    Last edited by Jimaz; September-23-20 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    I expressed disappointment using my usual gentle manner.
    I take that to mean that by that point, you lost your cherub like demeanor?

Reporting from SW Wisconsin: Across the four county area I regularly drive across, there are many more Biden signs relative to Trump signs than there were Clinton to Trump signs four years ago. There are zero Trump signs in Dane County [[Madison). Its in rural and small town areas that Biden signs outpace Hillary's signage of four years ago.

In other good Harris Administration [[with Biden) news: Cindy McCain joined other neocons today in giving her support to Joseph Robinette Biden Jr..
    Last edited by oladub; September-23-20 at 06:29 PM.

Was thinking the same thing on i75 going upnorth, Trump billboards everywhere, nothing for BIDEN. The Democrats did the same thing in 2016, I remember sending six notifications asking them to please consider ramping up there freeway signage, never even got a reply of any sort. Visible signage matters. Here we go again. Every time you try to contact them, nobody contacts you back. At least if you wanted to feel good and you feel like driving, go to the Cleveland Heights suburb,on the east side of Cleveland, and drive down Fairmount Boulevard, a beautiful Boulevard with huge, beautifully maintained 1920s and 30 homes, hundreds of Biden signs all over the place, bumper stickers on lots of cars, Cant help but make you feel good if your a Biden supporter, they did a great job of visual support.
    Last edited by DetBill; September-23-20 at 10:55 PM.

Outstate it's a heavy majority of trump flags and signage. It's like 2016 but more so I think.
    Last edited by Dan Wesson; September-24-20 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post
    Outstate it's a heavy majority of trump flags and signage. It's like 2016 but more so I think.
    My family went on a trip to Algonac, and it was something Trump or something crass against the governor on every 6th house.

American flags seems to be disappearing and they're being replaced with the banner of Trump.

I've voted in 10 Presidential elections, and never felt motivated to display a yard sign, fly a banner from my vehicle, house, or boat, wear a hat or shirt, or even put a bumper sticker on my car. Nor has anyone's willingness to do so ever influenced my vote.

A guy on the BBC said it best. No matter where your loyalties lie, the fact is Donald Trump won the 2016 election by a margin of people that wouldn't fill Wembley stadium.

50 - 100 years from now, this era of American history will be remembered for two things....

1.) The 20th century and the influence of the baby boom generation dying hard.

2.) The Internet allowing and providing people access to all the information they needed to form their own false truths based on their own prejudices and ignorance. Information can be dangerous.

Still trying to digest how I can pay my bills and do my banking on-line, fill out my census form, pay my taxes, see my Doctor, pay thousands to take a college class, order basically anything to my front door, but I just can't manage to vote on-line. The whole election process from start to finish reeks of the 19th century.

I was thinking that perhaps the lack of Biden signs are out of fear. Fear of retribution by the fanatical side of Trump supporters if he wins or loses in November. It certainly seems to me, that there are FAR more fervent Trump supporters than fervent supporter of any liberal ideals that exist right now. It's been my experience over the last 4-5 years, that you really can't get anyone to change their views anyways. For me personally, this American [[and Global) era we're in feels very much like the fascism from the 1930's based on what I have read and watched.

Quote Originally Posted by JStone View Post
    I was thinking that perhaps the lack of Biden signs are out of fear.
    Fear also in the sense that they're going to be bothered\confronted by Trumpers.

For example, in my front yard I have a sign that says "No matter where you are from, I'm glad that you're our neighbor". It says this message in three different languages, English, Arabic, and Spanish. My Trump-loving neighbor across the street confronted me about the sign. She asked me what it meant. I explained it to her. She then got offended and said that "those people" are ruining our neighborhood [[never mind the fact that she's the one that has weeds and cat shit make up most of her lawn). She then also went on yelling about how George Floyd and Trevon Martin deserved to die. I wish I was joking.

When my other neighbor found out that I was an Obama supporter he got really upset. He told me to "look at my 401K under Trump". I pointed out to him that the stock market LITERALLY DOUBLED in Obama's time in office. He told me it wasn't true. I told him it was an objective fact that can't be argued. It's too exhausting to deal with Trump supporters. They deny reality. Religion and faith in God has been replaced for some with faith in Trump.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast