Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Hgtv series filming in detroit -- do you need help restoring your historical home?

NOW CASTING: Do You Need Help Restoring Your Historical Home? [[Casting Detroit, MI ONLY)

• Are you in the middle of OR are you planning to restore a historical home?
    • Do you feel in-over-your-head, intimidated, concerned or overwhelmed?
    • Do you feel as though you have bitten off more than you can chew and not sure where or who to turn to?
    • Do you want help from a nationally recognized, expert historical home contractor/designer?
    • Do you have a renovation budget set aside, just need to find the perfect contractor?

If YES, we want to hear from you! This is an incredible opportunity to get expert help from a professional AND be featured in an all-new TV show on a MAJOR cable network!

📧 EMAIL: tvhomecasting@gmail.com

• Full Name[[s)
    • Area of Detroit you live in
    • Contact Information [[Email & Phone)
    • Renovation Budget
    • Brief Bio explaining why you need/deserve help restoring your historical home
    • Several photos of you [[+family, partner, spouses, etc) AND the property [[interior and exterior)

‼️ELIGIBILITY: Historic homes should be at least 70 years old or older and be in the metro Detroit area. Clients should have an existing design/renovation budget in place and be ready for construction between September-February of 2021 [[flexible)‼️
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Almost positive Nicole Curtis, formerly of "Rehab Addict" and the one who rehabbed the Ransom Gillis house with Bedrock, is behind this show. She's been posting in a few Facebook groups for the past few months.
    Last edited by JonWylie; August-20-20 at 02:12 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by bbaldwin79 View Post
    and be in the metro Detroit area.
    That should be 'inside the city limits'.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    That should be 'inside the city limits'.

I don't see why. Wyandotte has a lot of historical homes. So does Romeo. I'm sure there are other towns that could benefit from this.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I don't see why. Wyandotte has a lot of historical homes. So does Romeo. I'm sure there are other towns that could benefit from this.
    Hi! Ideally due to production scheduling we'd like to keep everything as close as possible inside the Detroit City Limits this does not mean we won't look at any all options

Those are some pretty random examples. Out of all the places outside of Detroit city limits Pontiac definitely has the largest and best collection of historical homes.

Sometimes I wish I still had my Rosedale Park home on Warwick, just south of Grand River. Much of the place was original when I sold it to move to Nevada, but some of the "modernizations" and/or "improvements" made left much to be desired. The woodwork in that house was beautiful, and difficult to copy. Home next door to me was owned by Tigers shortstop and City Councilman Billy Rogell.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Sometimes I wish I still had my Rosedale Park home on Warwick, just south of Grand River. Much of the place was original when I sold it to move to Nevada, but some of the "modernizations" and/or "improvements" made left much to be desired. The woodwork in that house was beautiful, and difficult to copy. Home next door to me was owned by Tigers shortstop and City Councilman Billy Rogell.

Wow! You did well for yourself as a DPD cop, Ray. When I was into antiques and restorations, a magazine used to show those kind of "upgrades" and call them home "remuddling".
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; August-20-20 at 05:41 PM.

Wow! You did well for yourself as a DPD cop, Ray. When I was into antiques and restorations, a magazine used to show those kind of "upgrades" and call them home "remuddling".
    I married into money. But made a nice profit when I sold it in 1984.

Quote Originally Posted by Satiricalivory View Post
    Those are some pretty random examples. Out of all the places outside of Detroit city limits Pontiac definitely has the largest and best collection of historical homes.
    Mt. Clemens [[also a county seat) is another city with a large collection of 19th and early 20th century historic houses. Sadly all of the great mineral water Bath Houses and Hotels of spa city Mt. Clemens are long since gone, but they were grand structures.

FYI... the 1900 population of Pontiac was 9,769, and that of Mt. Clemens was 6,576. Today the population density of Pontiac is circa 3,000/sq. mile, and Mt. Clemens is 4,000/sq. mile.
    Last edited by Gistok; August-20-20 at 07:37 PM.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say?

In 1920 Pontiac had 34,273 people, Mount Clemens only 9,488

Pontiac is and was many times larger even before the war so it's no surprise Pontiac has a much larger stock of historical buildings.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say?

In 1920 Pontiac had 34,273 people, Mount Clemens only 9,488

Pontiac is and was many times larger even before the war so it's no surprise Pontiac has a much larger stock of historical buildings.
    I was only thinking 19th century buildings... which they have a comparable amount of... 20th century... yes Pontiac has many more, which goes with the 70 years or older requirement. Not sure why I added density....

I'm quite sure there are 10x as more historical homes within the city limits that could actually use a needed renovation compared to a Romeo or Wyandotte who's homes are typically well cared for.

The overlooked HIGHLAND PARK has blocks and blocks and blocks of gems from the early 1900's and Dearborn and the Grosse Pointe have a large amount as well.

For discussions like this, I consider H and HP, 'inside the city' Dbn and the GPs do not need the exposure.

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    The overlooked HIGHLAND PARK has blocks and blocks and blocks of gems from the early 1900's and Dearborn and the Grosse Pointe have a large amount as well.
    Yeah, of course. But idk if I'd consider Highland Park outside of Detroit.

I get that it's a separate city but lets be real it's basically Detroit city limits.
    Last edited by Satiricalivory; August-21-20 at 09:29 PM.

Default Restoring a historic home in detroit? New hgtv series wants to help!

NOW CASTING: Do You Need Help Restoring Your Historical Home? [[Casting Detroit, MI ONLY)

• Do you feel as though you have bitten off more than you can chew and not sure where or who to turn to?
    • Do you want help from a nationally recognized, expert historical home contractor/designer?
    • Do you have a renovation budget set aside, just need to find the perfect contractor?

If YES, we want to hear from you! This is an incredible opportunity to get expert help from a professional AND be featured in an all-new TV show on a MAJOR cable network!

• Full Name[[s)
    • Renovation Budget
    • Several photos of you [[+family, partner, spouses, etc) AND the property [[interior and exterior)

‼️ELIGIBILITY: Historic homes should be at least 70 years old or older and be in the metro Detroit area. Clients should have an existing design/renovation budget in place and be ready for construction between September-February of 2021 [[flexible)‼️
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Is this different than the one a few weeks back?

https://www.detroityes.com/mb/showth...istorical-home

It's the same post just I reposted to try to get some more eyes / the word out. We're wrapping out casting soon and want to try to fill the last spots for the show.

Looking forward to this show!

Default Last call: Restoring your historic home in detroit? Hgtv wants to help!

***WRAPPING CASTING IN TWO WEEKS! IF INTERESTED APPLY NOW OR SHARE THE WORD TO FRIENDS/ FAMILY***

• Full Name[[s)
    • Renovation Budget

DetroitYes poster "motorcity" is working on a historic house [[that
    is apparently a money pit).

Hope everything goes well on the rebuild! The typical rehabbed vintage house looks gorgeous.
    Last edited by Dumpling; September-22-20 at 11:47 AM.

Fake! Do not respond to this BS posting.

Quote Originally Posted by p69rrh51 View Post
    Fake! Do not respond to this BS posting.
    I've seen this posted on several sites. What makes you think it's fake?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast