Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Ford unveils electric F-150 factory plan, says business is 'roaring back'

Ford is breaking ground today on the factory that will build its groundbreaking first electric F-150.

The event coincides with the start of production at the automaker’s historic Rouge Complex of the redesigned 2021 F-150, which begins deliveries this fall.

The Rouge Electric Vehicle Center will add 300 employees to the Dearborn, Mich., facility dedicated to manufacturing the battery-powered model.

Ford also struck an upbeat tone about the state of the car industry, which he said has come “roaring back” in recent weeks, and said the company is running at pre-COVID levels.
    https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyl...1-model-begins

Love the performance it could bring [[although towing is a ?) I am not sure how well an eF150 is going to sell when I am leasing mine for around 10 bucks a day with 0 down and just filled it with gas at 1.70/gallon.

A construction guy or someone what wants something new and exciting would be the exceptions.

There's still a need, but may only those who truly need them buy them.
    I wish Ford well, but may this be among their last ICE hurrahs.
    The future is electric, and Ford knows.

Edit:

Holy crap! I'm so guilty: I didn't read the article until just now, and prior to that I assumed this was yet another ICE re-run.
    A fully electric F-150?
    Go Ford Go!
    Last edited by bust; September-18-20 at 06:30 PM.