Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default PAGING Eriedearie

Where you been darlin, haven't seen you posting in a while. Hope all is well.

Awww Django - how sweet of you to page me! I've been dealing with some family matters. Basically only reading threads that interest me. Just not taking the time to post much. Besides, the fun stuff that used to be posted here, seems like no one wants to keep up with it. I've tried bringing a few of them back, but they fade off into the sunset...so guess there's no interest in those anymore.

But I'm still here. Trying to keep a good attitude buddy!

Glad to see you're back from Mexico. Hope all is well with you too!

"Besides, the fun stuff that used to be posted here, seems like no one wants to keep up with it."

Yeah, seems that way a bit, Erie. I haven't responded much lately myself. Things will prolly pick up with the winter weather a few months ahead.

I feel the same way. It used to be so much fun here. What happened? . Guess we can just scroll through the archives, but its just not the same.

I have to say, all the do gooders here are kind of intimidating. Its so damn sterile in here I want to puke out of pure boredom.

Dear Eriedearie,
    Hope you are having a wonderful day. I was also wondering - where is Old Redfordette?
    Thanks. Oh and made some super walnut chocolate chip cookies and I have some cabbage/veggie/beef stuff going at home right now. Take care, Carol

I was also wondering - where is Old Redfordette?
    She still posts once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by carolcb View Post
    Dear Eriedearie,
    Hope you are having a wonderful day. I was also wondering - where is Old Redfordette?
    Thanks. Oh and made some super walnut chocolate chip cookies and I have some cabbage/veggie/beef stuff going at home right now. Take care, Carol
    Hi Carol! Oh those cookies sound delish! If you get the time can you post the recipe on the food thread? It's down there someplace! I don't think too many of us have been cooking anything new. Everyone's been letting the hubby use the BBQ! - and let us have the recipe for the cabbage/veggie/beef dish too. We love anything to do with cabbage.

And as Pam wrote, I have seen ORF post once in a while. In fact the day I was thinking about her a couple of weeks ago - she posted. Maybe once the cold weather gets here things will pick up on the boards! And Kathinozarks has not been around either. I know she said she didn't really understand the new format here. But she's another one I miss. So, Zarks...if you're reading this, we'd like to hear from you too!!!

As for my day - it's been good. Hope your's was too!

Dear Eriedearie, Believe it or not, I just use the Nestle Tollhouse recipe and then add a bag of nuts, I have made those cookies more times than I would like to admit [[twice a week since 1987? Once a week since 1987?) I have not been doing much either. But I did can 14 pints of salsa last weekend....Well, have a good day. It is kind of gloomy out here. But at least it is Thursday. I didn't like the new format either but I am used to it now. Sorry for being so boring!
    Take care everyone! Carol

Well Carol - that's the recipe I'll use too! Just happen to have a bag of chocolate chips and also have the walnuts! Baking is on for later in the day! LOL

We did the freezing thing again this year. Put up baggies of blanched sliced carrots, chopped and sliced onions, chopped green and red peppers. I use a lot of those in my chili, soups, and stews throughout the winter. We like cabbage soup so I'll make a pot every couple of weeks throughout the winter, and having those ingredients pre-chopped makes fixing supper a breeze!

I don't do salsa - one of my daughter-in-laws does it and donates several jars to me every year - along with her canned beets; bless her heart. So I'm all set in those departments!

Take care!