Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default 'Dead' Woman Comes To Life At Metro Detroit Funeral Home

'Dead' Woman Comes To Life At Metro Detroit Funeral Home
    A 20-year-old woman was declared dead yesterday morning and 24 hours later she was alive....

Authorities say they arrived at a home around 7:30 a.m. Sunday and found an unresponsive woman. After performing CPR and other life saving techniques, they pronounced her dead and had the 20-year-old transported to the James H. Cole Funeral home in Detroit.

Four hours later, employees walked into the room where her body was being held and noticed something odd. She was breathing.

It's a miracle. She is risen!

This was news to me. I didn't know people could be pronounced dead and turned over to family without going to a hospital or actually being seen by a coroner.

^^^ Yes, apparently a few steps were missed! That had to be a trip! For everyone involved. Seemed I recall someone not dead in the morgue of a hospital - noted as living as they started the sternum sawing......

One of those weird episodes of House.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    ^^^ Yes, apparently a few steps were missed! That had to be a trip! For everyone involved. Seemed I recall someone not dead in the morgue of a hospital - noted as living as they started the sternum sawing......

One of those weird episodes of House.

Cool, this bit of news heralds my resurrection on Detroit Forum. Glad the Non Detroit is closed, and happey the young woman is alive.

I am also delighted that women is alive. I hope she makes a complete recovery. That being said, I am totally shocked it happened. The first responders in the City of Southfield are way better then that.
    Last edited by softailrider; August-24-20 at 06:55 PM.

Yeah usually don't they take the person they call as dead to the hospital for final 'pronounce'? This was not pass, go straight to the funeral home? Crazy.

She has a story to tell for sure. And glad to be alive!

I've had some women come alive after we've gone out. That's all I'll say and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I've had some women come alive after we've gone out. That's all I'll say and move on.
    Because you botched the murder??.....oh dear

Quote Originally Posted by Seven&wyo View Post
    Because you botched the murder??.....oh dear
    Nice.....

I do wonder how much of a recovery she'll make. Thus far from the various sources I've seen the best description I've seen is "breathing". Best wishes for the young lady and her family.

According to things I've read, if someone dies at home from natural causes, the medical examiner can sign off and the family can make their own arrangements.

I saw a photo of her on the news. Nothing was mentioned but looked like she may have cerebral palsy too. It might have something to do with why they thought she was dead? IDK, just a thought on my part

Noticed the same thing, thought the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    I saw a photo of her on the news. Nothing was mentioned but looked like she may have cerebral palsy too. It might have something to do with why they thought she was dead? IDK, just a thought on my part

From the NYT:
    Ms. Beauchamp was never taken to the medical examiner’s office after she was pronounced dead, as is routine when emergency medical workers have conferred with a doctor and the medical examiner’s office to determine that someone has died from natural causes, said Bill Mullan, spokesman for Oakland County, Mich.
    “When it’s a circumstance where it’s a medical run, there’s no immediate evidence of foul play that can be found by the first responders, generally a lot of this is done by phone from a medical examiner’s perspective,” Mr. Mullan said.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    This was news to me. I didn't know people could be pronounced dead and turned over to family without going to a hospital or actually being seen by a coroner.

That is why Jesus said... " I'm the resurrection and the life. He doth believeth in me though he was dead, yet he shall live!" God can raised dead things. He is right.

A young woman who was discovered alive in a body bag at a Detroit funeral home after initially being pronounced dead is clinging to life in the hospital, Attorney Geoffrey Fieger told media Tuesday

https://www.deadlinedetroit.com/arti...troit_hospital

https://www.deadlinedetroit.com/arti...fieger_reveals
    Last edited by Dan Wesson; August-26-20 at 04:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    That is why Jesus said... " I'm the resurrection and the life. He doth believeth in me though he was dead, yet he shall live!" God can raised dead things. He is right.
    Great. I have a dead rabbit he can get off my lawn.

[[CNN)The family of a woman who was pronounced dead and later found breathing at a Detroit funeral home in August is suing for $50 million, according to a news release from their attorney.

Timesha Beauchamp, 20, died on Sunday at Children's Hospital of Michigan, lawyer Geoffrey Fieger said. Fieger said her death was a result of "massive brain damage" she sustained after first responders declared her dead and left her without oxygen on August 23.
    Beauchamp had cerebral palsy and had been in critical condition in the hospital for several weeks, the release said.
    "Our whole family is devastated," a statement from her family reads. "This is the second time our beloved Timesha has been pronounced dead -- but this time she isn't coming back."
    Beauchamp's family filed a federal lawsuit on October 8 against paramedics Michael Storms and Scott Rickard and EMTs Phillip Mulligan and Jake Kroll, as well as the city of Southfield, for falsely declaring Beauchamp dead and allegedly failing to provide adequate medical care.
    "All of this could have been avoided, had more care been taken," Fieger wrote in a statement.
    https://edition.cnn.com/2020/10/20/u...rnd/index.html