Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default The Matty Moroun Off Topic Thread

Off Topic posts from the Matty Maroun passing thread in Discuss Detroit have been dumped into this non Detroit Thread.

Please keep Discuss Detroit Topics free from ideology and politics.

DetroitYES admin.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Moroun is THE textbook example of how anyone can make it in America. I believe THAT is why he's vilified in overwhelmingly black, liberal Detroit.
    Last edited by admin; July-16-20 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Rambler View Post
    Moroun is THE textbook example of how anyone can make it in America. I believe THAT is why he's vilified in overwhelmingly black, liberal Detroit.
    Uhh no...

I'm not going to sugar coat this, you sound racist as hell.

This thread has gotten really bad with those of you bending over backwards to defend this man with your mental gymnastics. Why do this? Do you think Matty gave a damn about you? How foolish. I'm out.

Funny stuff. I live in an overwhelmingly white, conservative exburb of Detroit. You would need very good shoes if you walked down my street and knocked on doors until you found someone that liked or respected the man. From his status as one of top slumlord land speculators in the city, his strong arm theft of part of Riverside Park, the purposeful multi-year closure of public roads that forced small businesses to close, his bridge approach shenanigans that left residents to live with constant truck traffic for years [[For which he actually did jail time in his 80's) and much, much more.

I can't say that I'm fond of speaking ill of the dead, but if Matty Moroun earned and deserved one thing in his long 93 years of life, it was his foul reputation.
    Last edited by Johnnny5; July-14-20 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    Funny stuff. I live in an overwhelmingly white, conservative exburb of Detroit. You would need very good shoes if you walked down my street and knocked on doors until you found someone that liked or respected the man. From his status as one of top slumlord land speculators in the city, his strong arm theft of part of Riverside Park, the purposeful multi-year closure of public roads that forced small businesses to close, his bridge approach shenanigans that left residents to live with constant truck traffic for years [[For which he actually did jail time in his 80's) and much, much more.

I can't say that I'm fond of speaking ill of the dead, but if Matty Moroun earned and deserved one thing in his long 93 years of life, it was his foul reputation.
    For my part,.. I wasn't trying to make the guy out to be a saint,.. BUT,.. of the things he did that weren't to our liking,... Mr. Illich did far worse, and he did so with OUR dollars and properties. Yet there wasn't NEAR this much venom for him when he passed.

Mr. Maroun deserves perhaps 1/3 as much hate as Mr. I did,.. not 10x as much.
    Last edited by Bigdd; July-14-20 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdd View Post
    For my part,.. I wasn't trying to make the guy out to be a saint,.. BUT,.. of the things he did that weren't to our liking,... Mr. Illich did far worse, and he did so with OUR dollars and properties. Yet there wasn't NEAR this much venom for him when he passed.

Mr. Maroun deserves perhaps 1/3 as much hate as Mr. I did,.. not 10x as much.
    You may have been reading a different thread about the Ill Itch than I was.

Or maybe because of his habit of buying up property and destroying neighborhoods in both Windsor and Detroit.

It's great to run a business. It's great to generate jobs and wealth. But they way he used Detroit and Windsor as disposable assets in his quest to become filthy rich to the detriment of the communities he operated in, that's not great.

Stop race-baiting, it looks bad.

It is always a delight to see Richard get all twisted in his mirthless rhetoric, to see him contort logic and puff up as he struts backwards while declaring personal vindication.

It is the same script on almost every thread.

^ and here I thought the thread was about Mr Morouns passing and not about Richard as you have tried to make it x 2.

I wonder what they will say about you when you pass?

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    It is always a delight to see Richard get all twisted in his mirthless rhetoric, to see him contort logic and puff up as he struts backwards while declaring personal vindication.

It is the same script on almost every thread.
    The thing I find most amazing is richard doesn’t comprehend his own post. If he did he would have to have some self awareness of how he never stays on subject and just raises piles of unrelated issues that are mostly his own inventions.
    There is no coherent thought happening. Coupled with his lack of ego beyond being a blind cheerleader he sounds foolish constantly yet he is fine with that. Bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    ^ and here I thought the thread was about Mr Morouns passing and not about Richard as you have tried to make it x 2.

I wonder what they will say about you when you pass?
    Per usage, Richard, everything is about you and your hurt feelings. It must be a burden to carry all that self-importance around ... especially on those tiny sloped shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    The thing I find most amazing is richard doesn’t comprehend his own post. If he did he would have to have some self awareness of how he never stays on subject and just raises piles of unrelated issues that are mostly his own inventions.

There is no coherent thought happening. Coupled with his lack of ego beyond being a blind cheerleader he sounds foolish constantly yet he is fine with that. Bizarre.
    Bizarre is creating a post whining about somebody else not staying on subject that has zero to do with the OP.

Yet you are fine with that.

Did you ever think about looking in the mirror when it comes to self awareness?

Its the ones that constantly whine about everybody else,while thinking they are special,that end up looking like a whiner to everybody else,but themselves.

Nobody likes a whiner.
    Last edited by Richard; July-14-20 at 09:58 PM.

So this all about Richard not appreciating being called out for not staying on topic while complaining about everyone else not staying on topic.

Again, this is really just a forum called RichardYes.

Now is the time for our dear friend to make some version of the old school yard weaseling, “I’m rubber you are glue...”

Quote Originally Posted by Satiricalivory View Post
    I'm not going to sugar coat this, you sound racist as hell.

This thread has gotten really bad with those of you bending over backwards to defend this man with your mental gymnastics. Why do this? Do you think Matty gave a damn about you? How foolish. I'm out.
    That's a rebuttal that fails to rebut.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    Anyone can make it in America if their dad owns his own company and gives it to you to run one day!
    If African-Americans reduced their 72% out of wedlock birth rate they'd be more likely to receive some form of inheritance too. Moroun's father started out by running two gas stations. HARD WORK -- more should try it some time.

If African-Americans reduced their 72% out of wedlock birth rate
    You sound like a Bible-thumping real piece of work.

What do you think is the cause of the high rate of out-of-wedlock birth for black Americans? I'd love to hear your response.

If African-Americans reduced their 72% out of wedlock birth rate they'd be more likely to receive some form of inheritance too.
    What the fuck kind of racist deflection is that? Why did you even feel the need to go there, what does race have to do with this?

Satiricalivory was 100% correct about you..

And shame on you Lowell for allowing your forum to turn into Storm Front Yes. You tolerate this evil and now it's getting worse.
    Last edited by aj3647; July-16-20 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    What do you think is the cause of the high rate of out-of-wedlock birth for black Americans? I'd love to hear your response.
    That's probably a question better asked of the black community.

Last I looked, the out of wedlock number in the black community was 76%... but the bigger issue is fatherless homes. Something like 54% of black children are growing up in homes without a father figure of any sort.

According to president Obama, in a Father's Day speech he gave in Chicago in 2008;

He went on to say that these absent fathers don't realize that "responsibility does not end at conception" and are "acting like boys instead of men."

The absence of fathers is important, Obama continued, because "children who grow up without a father are five times more likely to live in poverty and commit crime; nine times more likely to drop out of schools and 20 times more likely to end up in prison." [[Barack Obama)

We all wish we had the answer, and the solution to this. Most would argue it is the single biggest issue facing youth today [[of any race),.. and it is rarely spoken about. It isn't PC anymore to suggest that a child should have 2 parents.
    Last edited by Bigdd; July-16-20 at 11:33 AM.

Can I suggest we rename this thread to the "Bigdd and Midnight Rambler really hate black people" thread? Because it doesn't really have anything to do with Moroun if it's "off-topic" by definition, does it?

Just create a catch-all Racism thread where these two and the rest of the forum racists can pound off over how much they hate blacks, Hispanics, Muslims, immigrants, refugees, etc. Then maybe they can keep that sh*t out of the rest of the threads.
    Last edited by aj3647; July-16-20 at 03:42 PM.

Can I suggest we rename this thread to the "Bigdd and Midnight Rambler really hate black people" thread? Because it doesn't really have anything to do with Moroun if it's "off-topic" by definition, does it?
    There you go with the racist grenades again.

Anytime anyone says something you weren't programmed to believe,..you run to the name calling.

People like you are the reason progress can't be made in the black community. If anyone even tries to address the issue [[even if they're Pres Obama) ,.. people like you start throwing the racist grenade.
    Last edited by Bigdd; July-16-20 at 04:01 PM.

Just create a catch-all Racism thread where these two and the rest of the forum racists can pound off over how much they hate blacks, Hispanics, Muslims, immigrants, refugees, etc. Then maybe they can keep that sh*t out of the rest of the threads.
    Well hell,now I just feel left out.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Well hell,now I just feel left out.
    There you go,.. stirring the pot. LOL

I bet AJ is holed up in his supply closet, madly typing something super-special for you with his thumbs.

I'll check back later when I need a pick-me-up.

Off Topic posts from the Matty Maroun passing thread in Discuss Detroit have been dumped into this non Detroit Thread.

Please keep Discuss Detroit Topics free from ideology and politics.

DetroitYES admin.
    Which is where matters not. 'New Posts' shows all chronologically regardless forum. Since the basic VBB version was dropped for this silly mess we're forced to endure, there really is no way for us to know where a topic was placed without a bunch of extra clicks