Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Fiat Chrysler and PSA Group rename newly merged automaker ‘Stellantis’

This is almost as bad as BB&T and SunTrust being renamed "Truist."

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/15/fiat...tellantis.html

Should have named it Pesla or Mesla.

Sounds like a drug to me. “Ask your doctor about Stellantis today.”

What on earth??

Chrysler is such an iconic name especially for an auto company. Why not just keep it? Sounds like a horrible business decision. They cant be serious.

Oh I just read the article, Chrysler will remain as a brand.

Still really dumb, Latin is a dead language, who cares what it means?

Quote Originally Posted by Satiricalivory View Post
    What on earth??

Chrysler is such an iconic name especially for an auto company. Why not just keep it? Sounds like a horrible business decision. They cant be serious.
    Chrysler may be an iconic brand but with the demise of the 300 it's down to a grand total of one vehicle, and it's a minivan to boot.

They're ending the 300? Find it to be an excellent car, though the rest of America may not.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Chrysler may be an iconic brand but with the demise of the 300 it's down to a grand total of one vehicle, and it's a minivan to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by DeLemur View Post
    They're ending the 300? Find it to be an excellent car, though the rest of America may not.
    It ends this year and was an excellent car but so was the Impala and Fusion. Sadly, there's no market for full-size sedans.

I think it sounds like a free-to-play mobile roleplaying game you get pre-roll ads for on Youtube.

My wife thinks it sounds like an antidepression drug you'll see an ad for on channel 50.3 with a hundred side effects.

I think it sounds like they're headed to the bottom of the ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by Satiricalivory View Post
    Oh I just read the article, Chrysler will remain as a brand.

Still really dumb, Latin is a dead language, who cares what it means?
    As a Latin speaker I take offe...no nevermind you're right, it is dead. It's too bad nobody speaks it anymore though because it is really beautiful.

Here is a program at Princeton where the entire program is completed in Latin.

https://youtu.be/BMfnw6oBq9w

Sorry for the rant.. Back to hating on FCA...

Stellantisaurus Wrecks?

Thanks FCA. Now I'm stuck with the image in my head of Brando screaming "STELLA!!" in A Streetcar Named Desire.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 4.47.20 PM.png
Views: 384
Size:  120.0 KB

TCF Center for Cobo Hall was a real snoozefest too.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitSoldier View Post
    As a Latin speaker I take offe...no nevermind you're right, it is dead. It's too bad nobody speaks it anymore though because it is really beautiful.
    Yeah, I took Latin in High School. Omnia Gallia ist divisa partes tres. Caesar's commentary on the Gallic wars. But don't be impressed. I flunked twice.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    It ends this year and was an excellent car but so was the Impala and Fusion. Sadly, there's no market for full-size sedans.
    If you want a car from Chrysler, you'll have to visit the "Dodge Boys" The Charger and Challenger are still selling like hotcakes, if that's your cup of tea.

It's a stupid name, they over thought it.

I'm trying to imagine the board meeting where they agreed to "Stellantis", they must have all been high on coke.

Maybe they should change the name of the former Dime Building downtown from Chrysler House.... to Stellantis House...

But really... the name [[like FCA) won't show up on the cars... so they can call it whatever they want... dorky name or not.