Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Harper Woods Dean of Students Shooting Death

This is very tragic, just 34 yrs. old:

https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...es/5414727002/

Won’t be any outcry for this and that’s the damn problem. Prayers for him and his family.

Quote Originally Posted by One Shot View Post
    Won’t be any outcry for this and that’s the damn problem. Prayers for him and his family.
    Tragic.

Harper Woods dean of students Kelvin Wheeler Jr. shot and killed A Harper Woods dean of students was fatally shot in Detroit on July 8 while stopped at a red light. A man walked up and fired through his windshield.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ha...ed/ar-BB16GL00

Police say the shooter ran from the scene, got into an older model grey sedan and sped away northbound on Livernois.

https://www.wxyz.com/news/beloved-yo...red-in-detroit

That sounds like a hit. What do any of you know about his background?

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    That sounds like a hit. What do any of you know about his background?
    Not sure about it being a "hit", but it does appear that he was purposely targeted. The article does mention that he business interests in Detroit, and in a city where being "disrespected" is often grounds for murder, I can imagine that even a simple dispute could have been what led to this.

The quote from his mother about the reaction of his young 8 year old son is tough.

"He asked me, 'Who is going to take me to basketball or football practice? Who is going to pray with me?' And those words — I can't even answer," .
    Last edited by Johnnny5; July-14-20 at 10:14 AM.

Blm.

Very tragic, and strange at the same time. I mean, he was sitting at a red light and out of no where a guy runs up and shoots him through the windshield. Makes you wonder if there is more to the story. Sad, RIP.

If the reports are true definitely not random. Somebody was settling a dispute over something.

Early on in the news cycle, his dad said it was a case of mistaken identity.
    Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    If the reports are true definitely not random. Somebody was settling a dispute over something.

Maybe yes.

Maybe no.

But until they catch somebody ....

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Maybe yes.

Maybe no.

But until they catch somebody ....
    Oh, I know; really, it makes no difference if he was targeted or mistaken for someone else; he's just as dead and it's just as sad. I just seems better if it was not aimed at him

I understand he is a landlord and owns several properties in the city. Perhaps a tenant dispute or disgruntled tenant? Thoughts and prayers for his family and child[[ren). Gun violence continues to be a plague on our country. Why can't our politicians solve this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by hybridy View Post
    I understand he is a landlord and owns several properties in the city. Perhaps a tenant dispute or disgruntled tenant? Thoughts and prayers for his family and child[[ren). Gun violence continues to be a plague on our country. Why can't our politicians solve this problem?
    Because people like their guns too much, apparently

Quote Originally Posted by JonWylie View Post
    Because people like their guns too much, apparently
    No. There is widespread public support for many gun control reforms.

Gun manufacturers, the NRA, and Republicans like money too much.

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post

This in a nutshell.

And then there's that annoying percentage of folk who specifically desire guns to do bad things: robbing, gang-activities, car-jacking, intimidate, murder, break-ins, fighting, home invasions etc.

And those [[not necessarily NRA members) gun owners who wish NOT to become a victim!

Brilliant post. Tell me, why didn't Clinton and Obama, both serving 8 years in the Presidency, and having full control of the government, do anything about gun control while they were in office?

^^^ What ever they would have done would have excluded themselves. The elite [[dems) will always have 'armed' protection while dictating to YOU, your right to NOT bear arms. Bringing up the NRA when doing so.

The average Detroiter is not bending a knee of allegiance to the NRA in their gun ownership. They've more personal, pressing reasons for their choice.
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-16-20 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Brilliant post. Tell me, why didn't Clinton and Obama, both serving 8 years in the Presidency, and having full control of the government, do anything about gun control while they were in office?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federa...lt_Weapons_Ban

Chicago has strong gun laws with over 1600 shootings already this year.
    Maine you can open carry without a permit. After four years they are the safest state in the country!
    Explain to me again how gun control works!
    By the way I have never owned a gun.

We still talking about this Wheeler guy?