Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default What happened to Richard?

Very unusual not to see his daily post and has not done so since 6/27.
    Last edited by Maof; July-06-20 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    Very unusual not to see his daily post and has not done so since 6/27.
    Possibly got some posts deleted and is pissed?
    Hopefully not ill or worse

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Possibly got some posts deleted and is pissed?
    Hopefully not ill or worse
    I believe he had a stent put in earlier in the year.
    Last edited by Maof; July-06-20 at 06:03 PM.

I'm sure he'll be back posting, with a vengeance to catch up on what he missed. Everybody needs a break from social media.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMeJHf05q-s

Sorry, couldn't resist it.

... and here I thought he was put on time-out...

He might have been; no one would know unless he tells
    Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post

He was so adamant in his negation of the COVID numbers rising in Florida, where I tried to look at what was going on at that hospitals beyond the 'negation vs. exaggeration' social/ political rubric many are FIXED upon.

I hope that he and his family are safe and doing well.

I've family and friends in bordering states that have redoubled their efforts to stay safer over the last two weeks of COVID's expansion in the areas.
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-07-20 at 07:49 AM.

Yes. I've walked away a few times. I can't even imagine being bound in that whole tictoc and twitter mania - going off to deep ends. I refuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    I'm sure he'll be back posting, with a vengeance to catch up on what he missed. Everybody needs a break from social media.

Yea,ya figure a good old spanking would be in order but in this day and age they throw you straight in jail

Hola! Good to know you are well.......

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    He was so adamant in his negation of the COVID numbers rising in Florida, where I tried to look at what was going on at that hospitals beyond the 'negation vs. exaggeration' social/ political rubric many are FIXED upon.

I hope that he and his family are safe and doing well.

I've family and friends in bordering states that have redoubled their efforts to stay safer over the last two weeks of COVID's expansion in the areas.
    I was watching Sky news the other day,they had an expert out of Orlando telling them that the hospitals are overflowing with COVID patients stacked in the hallways and overwhelmed,which is not true.

Two hours later I get a call from my friend in the UK freaking out.

What has happened is when it first hit they only tested the elderly and only those with symptoms,now they test everybody that wants to.

Still takes 2 weeks for the results but everybody that visited a bar or restaurant a day before,is adamant they got it there.

The tests are just showing the presence of the virus in ones system and not an indication of you can spread it,if you can spread it through your saliva,why do they need to stick a 12” swab up your nose?

Business has increased 10 fold in a matter of weeks,the supply chain has not caught up,traffic is insane and everybody is just going about their way of life,most wear masks.

They changed the enforcement liability from the business to the individual,one thing I do know,90% of the small businesses that I deal with will not survive another lockdown.

Look at the numbers,the states with the highest death rates show up to 70% of fatalities is from nursing homes,so we switched to protecting the most vulnerable and it appears to be working.

Thank you everybody for the concern,I missed you guys also,but would never admit it.

YIKES! If you can't trust what's coming out of the hospitals all is lost! Still I am taking extra precautions as are many SE Michiganders!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I was watching Sky news the other day, they had an expert out of Orlando telling them that the hospitals are overflowing with COVID patients stacked in the hallways and overwhelmed, which is not true.
    It's not that long [[the nasal swab) but it is painful [[for many not all). A family member in GA has a nurse friend who tests walk-ins, reporting incredibly high percentages of those testing positive - showing no symptoms whatsoever.

However, they are talking of mouth swab option to replace the nasal swab.

...The tests are just showing the presence of the virus in ones system and not an indication of you can spread it, if you can spread it through your saliva, why do they need to stick a 12” swab up your nose?....
    You just did [[smile)......

....Thank you everybody for the concern, I missed you guys also, but would never admit it.
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-07-20 at 09:01 AM.

I would find that ... disturbing. Trickey Dickey goes a bit over the top sometimes with the mile long, 10,000 word diatribes, but I've never seen anything I would consider offensive or rule breaking as I have with a few others.

It got quiet here for a while. No doubt Richard will set the hounds a baying again.

Last edited by Dan Wesson; July-07-20 at 01:12 PM.

Yea,nothing like a little common sense and reasoning to stir the pot up

I was thinking of having the president post here instead of twitter,that aught to warm it up a bit.
    Last edited by Richard; July-07-20 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    YIKES! If you can't trust what's coming out of the hospitals all is lost! Still I am taking extra precautions as are many SE Michiganders!
    Consider your source, as always. Some people like to make false claims on the Internet and don't bother to provide sources.

43 Florida ICUs at capacity as coronavirus cases surge

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...us-cases-surge

^^I was being a tad sarcastic...... I follow varied news sources. Additionally, I have family/ friends in GA keeping me in touch with their neighbor Florida.

It's [[the spread) bad no matter how you want to sculpt it to meet partisan, social and political purposes!

COVID could not care less. It just wants access. The easier the better...

I do think the strain has changed and less lethal in some area. Still I'd rather not roll the dice to get it to find out.
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-07-20 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    Consider your source, as always. Some people like to make false claims on the Internet and don't bother to provide sources.

43 Florida ICUs at capacity as coronavirus cases surge

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...us-cases-surge
    you missed this part?

Miami-Dade, the state’s most populous county, reported an increase of 2,066 cases Tuesday, a drop from 6,336 cases Monday.

I live in Hillsborough county one of the largest in the state with 1.5 million residents,the main hospital has 12 ICU rooms most hospitals on the average have 2 or 3.

So it is easy to say the ICU rooms are filling up with 12 patients.

Like you say,consider the source.

Remember when everybody was screaming for ventilators,then it was changed because people were dying because of?

Remember when you yourself was chastising the president about hydro or what ever it is called but now what did Henry Ford hospital release? Seems it has been saving lives all along.

They are giving you positive case results and nothing else,you can have the critter in you and not be able to spread it or get sick from it and still be counted as positive test.

They are still claiming a 30% false positive in testing also so the numbers are best guess anyways.

Still takes 2 weeks for the results so how can they say 5000 tested positive today?

The rise and fall of confirmed cases is results from testing two weeks ago so how can they say the numbers jumped in one day?

China got it then it spread to multiple countries that are equal to one state in the United States,it’s just making its rounds in the same land mass as 1/2 of Europe.

Out of 700,000 in Detroit has everybody been tested,every single person? Nope and you do not know how many cases are there,you could have 100,000 test positive.

Its out there,you cannot stop it,millions have it or millions will get it,you cannot stop it,there is no cure for the common cold,you try to avoid it and when you get it you do what it takes to lesson the symptoms.

Outside of joining a protest and becoming immune,people are going to get it,either hide from it or live life,but sooner or later it will catch up to you.

Like Trump said,it will go away because our natural immune system will fight it,so it will mutate into something less.

Look at the top 20 deadly virus killing people worldwide,COVID 19 is number 5 on the list yet no airtime for the other 4 that are killing more.

^^^ Grand that things are improving - I mean that IS the goal beyond blog debates!

I think the fact that the COVID is a pandemic [[which means global and very infectious) sets it apart from like Cancer and Heart Disease etc. The main goal of slowing the rate was to keep the hospitals from being overwhelmed [[and no, I'll not debate/ defend that fact. Not as a Michigander were we saw the rash deaths of and the hospital situations).

Bottom line: In a way I think we'll need more time to see just how this particular virus will mutate and or dissipate. I will keep my position which is neither negation nor exaggeration. I am trying to stay healthy in the mean time. Anyone over 50 will have a different approach.

I'm glad you're well and I wish you continued health as we get thru this.
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-07-20 at 05:38 PM.

Apparently he was on a bender.

One does have to step away from time to time. Especially to have time to effectively manage your OWN life and health!

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Apparently he was on a bender.

He was digging a basement under his Florida room, laying tracks for an underground railroad to Canuckistan.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    He was digging a basement under his Florida room, laying tracks for an underground railroad to Canuckistan.

From what I've been reading, Canuckistan is coming to him. Probably opened a stand selling sno-cones.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; July-09-20 at 07:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    They need an easy way to escape the inevitable results of the path they are going down.

Clearly, investors—both foreign and Canadian—are fleeing our country for more favourable investment climates. In total, $150 billion has left Canada from 2014 to 2018. And while final numbers for 2019 are not yet available, data from January to September indicates another $23 billion left in the first nine months of last year.

The blame lies at the feet of the current federal government, which recently created a new agency, the Impact Assessment Agency of Canada [[IAAC), to review major energy projects, injecting significant subjective criteria into project analyses—including “social” impact, gender implications and potential climate effects—and further politicized the process by placing final decisions on approval or rejection in the hands of the federal cabinet.
    https://www.asianpacificpost.com/art...ng-canada.html

Thats the problem in Canuckistan,they have been conditioned to think the government knows what is best for them and should be the all controlling force.

Who is the idiot that stands in front of a potential investor and says

We need to see what your gender implications are going to be before we can allow you to invest?.

Which is why Canada has plummeted in “competitiveness” report cards such as the World Bank’s Ease of Doing Business report where we dropped from fourth place in 2007 to 23rd in 2020, or the latest World Economic Forum’s Global Competitiveness Report, which ranks Canada 14th compared to the second-place United States.

At least Canuckistan has free healthcare ,but then again so does Cuba and Venezuela.

Last edited by Richard; July-09-20 at 07:22 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast